• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 to have less Disney Worlds than KH2

My bets:
-Jungle Book: Nomura has been trying to incorporate this for years into Kingdom Hearts. Considering last year's remake, I think this could easily show up.
-Frozen: It's incredibly popular, especially in Japan. It also has a unique setting. I have no doubts that this'll be in.
-Star Wars: The only thing that could surpass the Toy Story announcement in terms of shock. As long as there's no licensing issues, I'm certain this will be in.

I'm guessing there could be one more world after this. I'm hoping for something unexpected like Black Cauldron or Atlantis but it might just be a returning world.

I'd love a Jungle Book world. Star Wars is more palatable than Marvel, but I still don't think it fits. Frozen is a given, we all know that's happening.

I'd love a WALL-E world too, but I'm guessing no more Pixar.

That's fine with me. One of the things DDD really opened my eyes to is how empty all of the worlds are. For some reason it never really occurred to me until that game and now I notice it in all of them and it bothers me a lot. Hopefully they can solve that by focusing on fewer worlds.

More info coming out.

Basically in response to Xemnas and Young Xehanort not looking great yet.

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/887312805971595264
Gonna be a hella loaded story man I can't wait. Gotta save aqua, wake up Ven, separate terra from xehanort, find the key of waking to wake up Ven in the first place/which I also assume sora will try to use to "wake" up roxas again, lea is trying to do the same, 7 lights vs 13 darknesses, black box dear lord

Guess it really makes sense why Big Hero 6 hasn't been shown yet. Since it was the last world to be put into the game (at Disney's request). I bet it'll be like the Pride Lands in KH2 and be the final KH3 Disney World.

Mengetsu

As long as we hit an overall of double digits combined Disney and Story worlds I'm ok with it. If the world's have way more to do then I might not mind 9 world's.

kuzco and pacha are gonna be amazing party members

Pacha-and-Kuzco-llama.jpeg

My favorite Disney toon.
7ad3b56802747e4ff77eded361c98cc8--bring-it-on-emperors-new-groove.jpg

aly

I'd trade that for another trip to one of the old ones but I'm not sure what's left to do with any of them.

I'd rather have Incredibles or Treasure Planet or if returning Pride Lands or Steamboat. Loved how Steamboat looked in KH2. Also did we ever get Snow White's World?

Nomura: "The problems each character faces will be resolved. Former members of Organization XIII will also be involved."

Nomura states that due to the characters, the story will be a lot deeper and darker than before.

According to Nomura, he met with John Lasseter in Japan and discussed the ideas he wanted to present with a Toy Story world in KH3.
From the guy tweeting everything.

Keym

That's fine with me. One of the things DDD really opened my eyes to is how empty all of the worlds are. For some reason it never really occurred to me until that game and now I notice it in all of them and it bothers me a lot. Hopefully they can solve that by focusing on fewer worlds.
Wonderland in KH1 was literally a series a different sized boxes with Alice in Wonderland-themed wallpapers.

LiK

The most creative world in the KH game was Winnie the Pooh. Always thought that was really well done and accurate.

yunbuns

I remember during Terra's story-line in Olympus, there's a scene where Phil is like 'Look at the crowd cheering!' and there's literally no one in the fucking stands lmao.

Turin

Banned
I'd rather have Incredibles or Treasure Planet or if returning Pride Lands or Steamboat. Loved how Steamboat looked in KH2. Also did we ever get Snow White's World?

They did Snow White in BBS. Thought it could have been more interesting.

I'd love to see another crack at Beasts Castle with the new engine. Or Halloween Town because I don't care how redundant it'd be to return there. :p

Kinsei

Banned
I remember during Terra's story-line in Olympus, there's a scene where Phil is like 'Look at the crowd cheering!' and there's literally no one in the fucking stands lmao.

Or how the only people that showed up to the royal ball in Castle of Dreams was Cinderella, her step mother, and her step sisters.

10 would be fine with me. Although the 'nothing post Big Hero 6' reminder means Zootopia and Moana are out. :(

Expecting Frozen for sure, hoping for a surprise like The Emperor's New Groove. The Great Mouse Detective would be nice, though with Toy Story in and Sora and company the size of toys, it has a small (pun intended) chance of actually happening.

Incredibles would have been a great fit, damn BH6... The Princess and the Frog for a Dr. Facilier face off is on my wish list, I expect to be disappointed.

yunbuns

Or how the only people that showed up to the royal ball in Castle of Dreams was Cinderella, her step mother, and her step sisters.

lol I forgot about that one. I remember being bothered how it was supposed to be this huge ball yet only Cinderella and the prince are dancing. Honestly, the announcement of worlds being 'bigger' doesn't really do anything for me because I never had a problem with the sizes of the worlds. I would rather the worlds feel more 'alive' than just 'big'.

HA!

mcw

Quality over quantity, I hope? I'm down for anything that helps avoid a repeat of "Swim This Way" from KH2. To this day whenever I hear that song I reflexively look around for a lake I can sink into forever.

Snow White was in Birth by Sleep and it was lame. You don't even get to fight the Queen, just the Magic Mirror twice.

Harmen

Bigger worlds doesn't sound bad, but one of KH's main strenghts as a series is the variety between worlds and normally I would like something like Big Hero 6, but in a title where the amount of worlds is more limited and this being the first real HD KH from the ground up, I can't help but be a tad dissapointed that they chose that one over the many other properties.

Hopefully this game is a success and they can build upon the basis to deliver a sequel relatively quick (and release some awesome DLC worlds if possible).

lol I forgot about that one. I remember being bothered how it was supposed to be this huge ball yet only Cinderella and the prince are dancing. Honestly, the announcement of worlds being 'bigger' doesn't really do anything for me because I never had a problem with the sizes of the worlds. I would rather the worlds feel more 'alive' than just 'big'.

Yeah, I agree.

Byvar

I think out of all other worlds than Hercules, Winnie the Pooh is most likely to return. Again.
Also, a while back, it was pointed out that Union Chi has some new heartless that look designed for specific worlds that don't exist... yet. The images can't be viewed thanks to Photobucket, but you can still see them in this video. The Heartless really look like they belong in Frozen, Wreck-it Ralph and Atlantis. I agree that these could suggest that their corresponding worlds might appear in KH3. Maybe not all 3 of them will appear, but I'd say it makes them a lot more likely.

So say that there are 10 Disney worlds rather than KH2's 12. Here's what I think we'll get.
  1. Hercules
  2. Big Hero 6
  3. Tangled
  4. Toy Story
  5. (Likely) Winnie the Pooh
  6. (Likely) Frozen
  7. (Likely) Wreck-it Ralph
  8. (Maybe???) Atlantis (Could be a replacement for Atlantica, but I agree this is still a weird choice for KH3)
That leaves room for only 2 more Disney worlds. I'd guess Star Wars, Jungle Book or another returning world like Agrabah maybe, though I'd love to see The Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, Pocahontas or Fantasia instead.
I would like an FF world as well, and would find it hilarious if it turns out to be a XV/Versus-related one.

aly

They did Snow White in BBS. Thought it could have been more interesting.

I'd love to see another crack at Beasts Castle with the new engine. Or Halloween Town because I don't care how redundant it'd be to return there. :p

Snow White was in Birth by Sleep and it was lame. You don't even get to fight the Queen, just the Magic Mirror twice.

It must have been terrible if I don't even remember it.I gotta say though if the Worlds are going to be such an improvement this go around, then it kinda sucks that some older ones that needed expanding won't get it.

Except Atantica. I never want to see that place again.

Would just like star wars of some sorts. The keyblade would be worth it. Around 8-10 highly detailed world's is fine. From pictures and gifs the Tangles world looks amazing. Would be cool if we could explore the castle as well.

Highly indifferent to Frozen. Tangled imo is the better choice. But a snow world could be cool.

Burbeting

Banned
I doubt Disney would want in films that were box Office bombs. So don't expect stuff like Atlantis or Pocahontas etc.

Only movie I'm sure will appear is frozen.

Glad to see the old XIII members are coming back.

It would be a retcon but fuck it, let it show that Marluxia discovered the real plan of the organization and that's why he rebelled.

J-Tier

I really want The Nightmare Before Christmas to return, but I think chances are slim because they covered the entire movie already.

Frankenweenie would make for a fun replacement world though, and would be out of the left field.

I'm thinking the roster of worlds will be something like.

Hercules
Toy Story
Tangled
Big Hero 6
Disney World #5
Disney World #6
Disney World #7
The Mysterious Tower/Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Destiny Islands
Some Endgame World

Of course some worlds will be fairly small but I can see them hitting about a dozen different locations.

He specifically said less than KH2 not KH, so expect the final number to be between the two or the same as KH. I expect it to be 9 or 10.

You're forgetting keyblade graveyard pretty sure we know that will be in the game in some capacity. Also the new original world Nomura mentions in this interview about the chess scene. Don't know if that will be the endgame world though. Also the world that never was since he said the new organization uses it for meetings, although that could just be cutscenes. I still think we're getting 15ish, the same total number as KH2. There's so much story with this game, there's going to be slightly more original worlds than usual.

Nohar

More info coming out.

As expected they're resolving all the plot threads.

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/887312805971595264

Hum. I don't mind them resolving all the plot threads (it is long overdue), but since there are a lot of plot threads to be resolved, I'm afraid we are going to face either pacing issues, either incredibly rushed resolutions, or both. The key will be how the main story and Disney worlds will work together to that objective, because they can't really just rethread the story of each Disney film, that won't work with the necessities of the overall narrative.

Let's recap all the problems, including ones linked to Sora's
"Soul Jar" nature (dude is a freaking phylactery, just smash to pieces him already!)
:
  • Roxas,
    who, as a Nobody, should have grown his own heart, but is linked to Sora. Need to get his own body, which may or may not lead to a new look, because, hey, Ventus was the original blond kid. So, my money on a brown-haired Roxas.
  • Xion:
    Her fate is just too cruel. She deserves an happy ending.
  • Ventus:
    Still asleep. Really need to wake up at this point. Roxas' existence and his may be a problem: can they even coexist?
  • Vanitas (DDD speculation):
    May or may not be sleeping within Ventus' heart, which in Sora's heart, thus by extension he is sleeping within Sora. The mysterious hooded nightmare (aka Anti Black Coat) Riku had to fight in Dream Drop Distance may or may not be him (I see no other explanation for who that guy was anyway).
  • Aqua:
    Is gonna get rescued by Riku and Mickey. It's about time, really.
  • Terra (and DDD spoilers):
    So, Terranort was split between the Heartless Ansem, and Xemnas (Nobody). However, we have Dream Drop Distance added to the mix, so time travel shenaningans. Besides the obvious headache this nonsense is going to be bring, which version of Terra will come back, and how? Obvious solution would be to defeat for good Heartless Ansem and Xemnas, but was about Xehanort's (original) heart?
  • Eraqus (BBS spoilers):
    Old dude is more or less confirmed to have his heart resting with Terra's... Kinda. My money on Heartless Ansem's Guardian being actually Eraqus' Heartless (seriously, where does that Guardian comes from anyway?).
  • How will KH3 be linked to Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover?
  • Dream Drop Distance:
    Thirteen. freaking. versions of Xehanort, with potentially Sora included among their numbers if he succombs to darkness for whatever reason (let's say, to release all the hearts caught within him? Heartless Ansem and Xemnas seem to like the idea of releasing his inner darkness).
  • Countless princesses, old and new, who may or may not be abducted during the story for the villains' master plan.
  • My money on a possessed Elsa fight.
  • Former Organization XIII members who became human again, presumably: will they make an appearance? Is the human Larxene sane (hey, she's the sole girl from the XIII, aside from Xion, I'm curious)?
  • An epic battle between Axel/Lea and Saixalot (it's a "bros" thing).
  • An epic battle between Aqua and Braig/Xigbar (it's a "YOU HURT MY FRIEND" thing).
  • Maleficent: forever a Wannabe Main Villain, or will she finally do something clever, for a change?
  • Heartless: I don't know what is happening in the Dark Kingdom, but neglecting them wouldn't be wise. Also, a return of Chernabog would be appreciated. I wouldn't mind them making him a Bigger Bad.
  • World keys.
  • Worlds trapped in the Realm of Darkness.
  • Whatever I forgot to mention.
  • And, of course, the eponymous Kingdom Hearts.

Okay guys, it says in this interview that big hero 6 was the last world decided for this game. That movie came out in 2014. That means moans, zootopia, and inside out are definitely 100% not in this game yet I still see people bringing them up in this thread like they're a shoe in.

I really hope they stick some npcs in the worlds or else stop calling attention to "all the hustle and bustle" and then panning over empty ass shots of nothing. Am I supposed to be imagining my own npcs here?!

Once I noticed how empty things are it was hard to un-notice.

J-Tier

Okay guys, it says in this interview that big hero 6 was the last world decided for this game. That movie came out in 2014. That means moans, zootopia, and inside out are definitely 100% not in this game yet I still see people bringing them up in this thread like they're a shoe in.
They probably have an inside look into upcoming films, so it's not impossible that one of those films made it in.

It is unlikely however, despite me really wanting Zootopia and Moana.

Nohar

Would you mind spoiler tagging some of these? I read some by mistake and I was just about to get to BBS...

I offer you my sincere apologies.

I assumed that, since most games were released nearly a decade ago, some plot twists were well known by now, and that people reading threads about Kingdom Hearts III know them.

Still, my assumption doesn't excuse my behavior, as the proper etiquette is to add spoiler tags to important plot points, no matter how ancient those plot points can be.

I added tags to my post as a result.

Top Bottom