• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced 4 years ago, let's recap the KH3 info/dev timeline!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse McCartney already has 2 people to voice, nonono, let Haley use his perfect Vanitas voice for Sora, dude is supposed to be growing up anyway and that voice is wet

Ok, so everyone agrees Haley is way better as Vanitas than Sora right? Just use that voice!

i loved that design one look at older noctis and you can just tell he has been through some shit.
You can tell anime character has been trough some shit when he has facial hair.

Nice thread. Hoping to see some new footage and information at E3

6lIpHKU.gif

Oersted

In June 2013, the first article based on Snowden's leaks was published.

In June 2013, Despicable Me 2 had its premiere.

In June 2013, Russian goverment issued laws targeting homosexuals.

In June 2013, Ouya was released.

In June 2013, The Last of Us was also released.

Turns out KH3's biggest problem in development was the Ouya. We figured it out!

Kingdom Hearts 3 dropping PS4 and Xbox One to release exclusively on Ouya confirmed.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Mostly joking,maybe give him a beard. When are we getting a punished Sora???

Seriously, in a vacuum Older Noctis is the best design Sqaure has made in a long fucking time.

tumblr_ondvecN4rl1tw2hyao1_500.gif

I thought older design noctis was great as well, i wish they had changed the younger one to look more like a younger version of him

But as much as i like the design, i don't think it was really 'earned' as the timeskip was only like a minute or two worth of exposition trying to explain away plot points

I thought older design noctis was great as well, i wish they had changed the younger one to look more like a younger version of him

But as much as i like the design, i don't think it was really 'earned' as the timeskip was only like a minute or two worth of exposition trying to explain away plot points

I guess we need an Old Sora in KH III then!

13ruce

Banned
have been playing kh2 on ps4 i wonder if kh3 could ever match kh2 in terms of game play. khbbs0.2 isn't as good.

I hope so that's why i waited since KH 2 for 3. The handheld games were nice n all but i wanted something gameplay wise like 2.

It still is one of the RPG's with the best action combat.

Slater

Banned

I think the CGI versions from the intro and ending look more suitably similar.

I will also say they didn't actually enlarge his head, people have glitched it, and it's the same size, the beard really does somehow make his face look elongated in game.

As for earned, it always feels like the ending was the thing they were most sure about, it was getting to that point where all the cuts and othe fuckery did the damage

On the bright side, at least we don't have to deal with this anymore....

The constant jump between character faces was so rough. Replaying the older games last month was an adventure.

This looks familiar. Could I get some context please?

You'd have characters with a flat painted on face during cutscenes that would cut to more detailed faces that have proper animatons from time to time.

I don't understand how SE take so long to make KH and FF games. How do they get away with this? Don't they have stockholders to answer to?

The constant jump between character faces was so rough. Replaying the older games last month was an adventure.

You'd have characters with a flat painted on face during cutscenes that would cut to more detailed faces that have proper animatons from time to time.

Holy crap yeah! This always bothered me when playing these games.

JayEH

have been playing kh2 on ps4 i wonder if kh3 could ever match kh2 in terms of game play. khbbs0.2 isn't as good.

It's much better than the shit they were putting on the handhelds so I'm happy about that. As long as it has good bosses like the secret one in 0.2 I'll be good. I am concerned about game balance though since 3 does seem to have a lot of mechanics...

I don't understand how SE take so long to make KH and FF games. How do they get away with this? Don't they have stockholders to answer to?

They put out plenty of stuff to where stockholders aren't gonna bat an eye. Final Fantasy XIV and it's expansions, World of Final Fantasy, DQ Heroes 1 & 2, Nier: Automata, FFXV. Then there's their stuff on mobile. Sure, they're dragging their feet when it comes to these huge titles but they still make enough stuff to turn a nice profit.

It's much better than the shit they were putting on the handhelds so I'm happy about that. As long as it has good bosses like the secret one in 0.2 I'll be good. I am concerned about game balance though since 3 does seem to have a lot of mechanics...

So long as they remember that bosses can have hitstun I'll be happy. Fights against Young Xehanort and Vanitas were pretty rough because they could basically ignore your attacks and go for the throat. 0.2 makes me optimistic about their encounters.

Square is not a company that is hurting for money and XV made bank when it finally came out

They put out plenty of stuff to where stockholders aren't gonna bat an eye. Final Fantasy XIV and it's expansions, World of Final Fantasy, DQ Heroes 1 & 2, Nier: Automata, FFXV. Then there's their stuff on mobile. Sure, they're dragging their feet when it comes to these huge titles but they still make enough stuff to turn a nice profit.

Sure, they make plenty of money as it is, but I'd be surprised if shareholders are happy with that reasoning when they could be making even more money if SE followed a reasonable development schedule. I just don't get it.

Inuhanyou

Sure, they make plenty of money as it is, but I'd be surprised if shareholders are happy with that reasoning when they could be making even more money if SE followed a reasonable development schedule. I just don't get it.

Games take a long time to make with more and more staff and budget required, and SE in the HD era just don't have the proper team workflow or technical sophistry to bring out huge games in a modest time period, or if we're being less charitable, without numerous developmental issues which protract development.

KH3 has already gone through a full on engine change because someone somewhere decided it would be a great idea for KH3 to be developed on Luminous engine, years before it was fully completed or in a state to ship a game or with the proper tools.

You can't underestimate what a fuck up that kind of thing is in planning basic competent decisions and sharing of information between teams and departments.

Sure some people would bring up CDProject red showing a trailer in 2012 and waiting until 2019 to ship Cyberpunk, but they have plenty of PC knowhow and development efficiency due to growing out of only one or two projects at a time. SE is a bloated beast and operates as such.

vareon

Was pretty hyped when it was announced that Kingdom Hearts 3 will have Big Hero 6 world. BH6 has long gone now.

Inuhanyou

I think several of the KH2 battle leads are working on FF7R's combat system, or that's what i've heard...but by and large that whole KH team is pretty much gone at this point.

0.2 was a decent approximation by Osaka team of trying to emulate KH2's combat in addition to combining elements of BBS in there, so hopefully for KH3 they take that in a much more polished direction

I am sure that we will get new info at E3. Absolutely sure.

Now whether or not it will actually be something substantial? That's the tough part with Square Enix.

jimmypython

I doubt they will be able to match KH2FM combat in KH3, and I never really expected them to tbh. Hope it's as close to 2fm as possible.

Yeah. also kh2fm has a lot of side stuff. I hope they will be able to do that in KH3 too lol. maybe I am asking to much

IQ issues are pretty much solved by the PRO but yea those skin shaders looked amazing. Sora's model imho looks fine, they just really gotta fix those dead eyes.....

and idk maybe do something about that smile as it's just as creepy...idk..lower fidelity was really good at hiding how goofy this dude's mannerisms and expressions are:

They would probably risk the wrath of shit ton of fans if they did.

doemaaan

Man... that December 2016 announcement must've hurt real bad for the people keeping up with the development 👺.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom