• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced 4 years ago, let's recap the KH3 info/dev timeline!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm still expecting a trailer with a 2018 at the end.

The trailer plays.

We see Tangled. We see the first footage of the Big Hero 6 world.

We then Sora running through new worlds. Frozen. Toy Story. Emperor's New Groove.

We then Sora on a pirate ship, jumping off before the tentacle of a Heartless-ified Kraken slams through it.

The screen fades then reappears with Sora walking through a strange Earth-like world. It looks like New York City. It is New York City. People start running by him. He hears an explosion, turns around and looks up to see...

tumblr_inline_nnsausk9Wx1r2d9yw_500.gif

The scene abruptly ends and the Kingdom Hearts III logo appears on the screen.

It fades away and words begin to appear on the screen: "Now in devel--"

It stops. The screen turns bright red and at that moment, a noise is heard. It is the sound of a lightsaber being activated.

The screen turns black again and reveals the words: "Spring 2018."

The trailer ends. The rest of E3 is canceled. Trump steps down. Firefly season 2 is announced.

The end.

This game has got to be ready to go out next year. I mean you don't release all your KH ports this year only for the next game to release 2-3 years later.

The trailer plays.

We see Tangled. We see the first footage of the Big Hero 6 world. We then see Toy Story.

We then Sora running through new worlds. Frozen. Toy Story. Emperor's New Groove.

We then Sora on a pirate ship, jumping off before the tentacle of a Heartless-ified Kraken slams through it.

The screen fades then reappears with Sora walking through a strange Earth-like world. It looks like New York City. It is New York City. People start running by him. He hears an explosion, turns around and looks up to see...

It stops. The screen turns bright red and at that moment, a noise is heard. It is sound of a lightsaber being activated.

The trailer ends. The rest of E3 is canceled. Trump steps down. Firefly season 2 is announced.

The end.

You're living in a Dream. You should Drop the Distance between your imagination and reality.

This game has got to be ready to go out next year. I mean you don't release all your KH ports this year only for the next game to release 2-3 years later.

Haha that's exactly the thing you do if you have no fucking idea when the next instalment will be done.

Eylos

Banned
The trailer plays.

We see Tangled. We see the first footage of the Big Hero 6 world. We then see Toy Story.

It stops. The screen turns bright red and at that moment, a noise is heard. It is sound of a lightsaber being activated.

The end.

Firefly, arghh the pain It hurts!

aravuus

Time flies. 2018, 2020, 2040, I'll play it when it releases even though 3D did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Ok, so everyone agrees Haley is way better as Vanitas than Sora right? Just use that voice!

Had to watch a youtube video of Vanitas so I could recall the voice and yes. 100%.

Despera

Banned
The problem with this incompetent dev team is that they spend a lot of time and resources and end up with an average at best product.

The trailer plays.

The end.
Year of Dreams 3

SoraNoKuni

We will get a full hypetrain mode trailer from Nomura this E3.
Release date Holiday 2018 but it will get delayed to q1 2019.

Speculations..

Prompto

Banned
The trailer plays.

The end.
At the very end of the trailer is a heartless. It's about to attack Sora when all of a sudden it's shot by none other than Indiana Jones himself.

tumblr_o18rkrn3XO1rp84c6o1_400.gif

Smash cut to this:

tumblr_n3cemuaqx41rq0857o1_500.gif

Seems logical, but I'll be damned if Nomura isn't talking about this game exactly like he did when he led us on the goose chase that was Versus XIII. Maybe he's just a shitty communicator and SE marketing is being too quiet, but this feels *exactly* like the years and years of excuses we got from him before.

If we get a strong trailer with lots of new material I will change my tune, but I really think this thing is in development hell.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Seems logical, but I'll be damned if Nomura isn't talking about this game exactly like he did when he led us on the goose chase that was Versus XIII. Maybe he's just a shitty communicator and SE marketing is being too quiet, but this feels *exactly* like the years and years of excuses we got from him before.

If we get a strong trailer with lots of new material I will change my tune, but I really think this thing is in development hell.

That's how he talks about games in general. Its not as if Versus was in full development when people were asking about it in the first place, so the situations are completely different

raven777

Yeah. also kh2fm has a lot of side stuff. I hope they will be able to do that in KH3 too lol. maybe I am asking to much

I don't expect 2FM level of post content stuff like the amount of additional bosses in 2FM were ridiculous but that was mostly due to final mix addition.
Would be nice to have optional dungeon like CoR and decent amount of post-game bosses.

Neonep

If we don't see anything substantial from the game by year end then this game doesn't exist. We have E3, D23, TGS, & PSX this year. That's ample opportunity.

sappyday

There's seriously a chance for the PS5 already being announced by then and KH3 still won't be out. We're talking about a game that is a sequel to two PS2 games

If we don't see anything substantial from the game by year end then this game doesn't exist. We have E3, D23, TGS, & PSX this year. That's ample opportunity.
E3 should be the time for the marketing campaign to kick off, tbh.

One of the concerts promised something on KH3 right? I don't know whether those monologue were that, but the concert right before E3 is highly suspicious, if they were to debut a new song or arrangement of Dearly Beloved.

Speaking of, Sony might be bringing back the live orchestra again for E3 right? Perfect opportunity to have a series renowned for it's music appear and have a live performance accompanying a trailer.

Then the month after is D23 where they can announce a highly anticipated Disney world, showing off in-game gameplay.

TGS and Jump Festa (they'd skip PSX in favour of this one) would be a great opportunity to promote the game to the Japanese fanbase as well, since they've been very heavy with catering to the English audiences here.

There's also the unaccounted for Gamescom and Paris Games Week. If they were wanting to launch it next year, they might have been able to cut a short vertical slice from the game for demo purposes.

But alas, Square will probably not show anything at any of these events and just throw KH3 out in the far future :(

ffvorax

They ended to release all the porting, so probably are now ready to release also the last title. It would be also pretty smart now that all people have been able to buy and play the previous titles... 2018 should be their choice.

The trailer plays.

It stops. The screen turns bright red and at that moment, a noise is heard. It is the sound of a lightsaber being activated.

The end.

Keep it away from KH we don't need MCU garbage ruining this too

Ydelnae

Master Xehanot's VA says that it is unlikely that we get a release date next week

https://twitter.com/RichardEpcar/status/871895945637535744

He also said that he can't confirm or deny if he has been contacted to work on the game until S-E actually announces it.
We can assume that he has indeed been contacted and he's under NDA, since other VAs who were asked about this simply answered that they weren't involved in KH3 yet

DNAbro

Master Xehanot's VA says that it is unlikely that we get a release date next week

He also said that he can't confirm or deny if he has been contacted to work on the game until S-E actually announces it.
We can assume that he has indeed been contacted and he's under NDA, since other VAs who were asked about this simply answered that they weren't involved in KH3 yet

I didn't think we would get an exact release date either, just a general 2018 one.

Torquill

People always want to shit on Nomura, but I wonder if it's really SE marketing who has a major problem announcing games WAY too early.

It feels like they make a look and feel video and then immediately announce the game when maybe zero actual dev work is done (and may not even start for months or longer).

Cruxist

People always want to shit on Nomura, but I wonder if it's really SE marketing who has a major problem announcing games WAY too early.

It feels like they make a look and feel video and then immediately announce the game when maybe zero actual dev work is done (and may not even start for months or longer).

That's undeniably true, but it's coupled with the fact that internally, Square has some issues. Whether it's scoping, scheduling, or just direction, they take their time. Combine that with people wanting to know about games and general optimism and you get situations like this.

Well, I think we will get a new trailer but with a release window instead of an exact release date (expected).

Is it bad that I laughed at his response to someones hopefulness?

Burbeting

Banned
Maybe they'll reveal that KH3 is turned into episodic game. First episode Olympus only, costs 30 dollars, out in late 2019.

jennetics

The trailer plays.

The end.

giphy.gif

Just beautiful

Burbeting

Banned
Wouldn't it be the second episode since first episode released in January :p

Well you see, that game was too long to be called just an episode. Episode 1 will be 60-90 minutes in length. 30 minutes of it will be cut-scenes of Sora monologuing about the power of friends.

Canucked

Marvel could be so awesome in this. If New York isn't a good fit I could see them doing Guardians of The Galaxy.

Rocket with a Keyblade. Sold. And I don't even love KH games.

Ydelnae

What you mean with this? They look like the 0.2 models.

Like Chaserjoey said, they have been updating progressively every KH0.2 medal with lighting retouches, minor model changes and stuff. The result is more visually appealing, just look at how Kairi looks in her new model and how she looks in 0.2's ending.

What you mean with this? They look like the 0.2 models.

Kairi's 0.2 model looks closer to the updated medal than the original release, however I'd argue that there are slight differences.

In 0.2 she has really blue eyes as per the other games but now they look toned down, and slightly more purple? Her hair is now more rounded, I guess, but that might just be because the medal isn't be rendered in-game?
Her mouth is a bit different too but that might just be because of her actions in the cutscenes (they didn't show her that well in 0.2):

As for Sora, it looks like his hair has been dialled back a bit

Of course, it could just be the implementation of proper lighting but there has to be a reason why these 0.2 medals are getting updates that make them look different from 0.2 itself.

I could just be a mad man who is seeing changes that aren't really there, but I do think these models are from KHIII itself and not taken from 0.2.

JayEH

I'm just going to assume now the game won't be at e3. Best not set myself up for disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom