• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced 4 years ago, let's recap the KH3 info/dev timeline!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys if E3 comes and goes and we get no new info on Kingdom Hearts III besides the "We're still working on it and it looks great!", then you can make your discussion threads.

Otherwise it'll be like the sudden surge of "What's wrong with Game Freak" threads that we got cause of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

It just takes them way too long to make AAA games nowadays. Either they try to make too many at once, or they're just extremely inefficient at game development. But this is ridiculous. It's almost as if development of the game has slowed down.

Part of the problem is likely that they announce these games way, way too early. They could have *still* not announced KH 3 yet, and it would still probably be two years away from release. But no, they announce it in 2013, when it's probably still in early pre-production and they have no idea how it's going to come together.

So what's worse, being a HxH fan or a KH fan?

At least we get games out of KH at a decent rate, remasters or otherwise. HxH takes hilariously long breaks and comes back for 8-9 chapters at best. It's become very hard to be excited for HxH when it moves fairly slowly and has so many long breaks.

Ydelnae

244 days until D23 Japan, hype it UP!

1 day, 7 hours left until the first LA KH concert.
2 days, 2 hours left until the second LA KH concert.
3 days, 6 hours left until Sony's E3 conference.
5 days, 7 hour left until the last LA KH concert.

Place your bets, y'all. How many times are you willing to let yourself be disappointed after believing the game will show up this year?

raven777

Place your bets, y'all. How many times are you willing to let yourself be disappointed after believing the game will show up this year?

the first LA concert is June 10th, 8PM PDT, right?

Can we be disappointed 4 times in a row for the same game in the same event? Yes, we can!

I wonder if we are still blaming Tabata for delaying XV thus delaying 2.8 by one month resulting in KH3 news being delayed by 3+ months if the game doesn't show up at E3/concerts lol.

FFXV delay was such a shock to Nomura he put the development to a halt.

I just love that this E3 is such an obvious place for it to show that if it doesn't I have no idea when the hell they are gonna show it. I already mentioned D23 Japan being most likely next venture but that shit is almost a year away.

I wonder if we are still blaming Tabata for delaying XV thus delaying 2.8 by one month resulting in KH3 news being delayed by 3+ months if the game doesn't show up at E3/concerts lol.

I just love that this E3 is such an obvious place for it to show that if it doesn't I have no idea when the hell they are gonna show it. I already mentioned D23 Japan being most likely next venture but that shit is almost a year away.

This is really a weird situation. Nomura will be at LA but won't be at E3, he'll be at the KH concert tho, but why? Maybe to show a new trailer for KH III, but wouldn't be better to show it at E3?

This is really a weird situation. Nomura will be at LA but won't be at E3, he'll be at the KH concert tho, but why? Maybe to show a new trailer for KH III, but wouldn't be better to show it at E3?

I will say that if a trailer doesn't appear at the first concert (that's today!) I'd imagine it's very unlikely it will appear on the rest either, wouldn't make much sense.

So in my mind if there was a trailer it would have to be today or at the Sony conference.

I will say that if a trailer doesn't appear at the first concert (that's today!) I'd imagine it's very unlikely it will appear on the rest either, wouldn't make much sense.

So in my mind if there was a trailer it would have to be today or at the Sony conference.

Yep, Sony's press is the deadline IMO.

D23 US is in July and they have an entire press conference dedicated just to their video games this time. It honestly might make more sense for them to do a blowout there...

Also there was this Spanish guy that posted a bunch of tweets in early May about what he heard about the game. His name is Jose, apparently he predicted TLOU part 2 at psx and some fire emblem game for switch. But still seems bogus especially since we now know nomura won't be there. These are translations by the way, he tweets in Spanish.
"And it seems that Nomura continues in its thirteen (never better, badumtss) of not advancing with the development of KH3 by its "perfectionism"."

"If everything goes according to plan, there will be KH3 trailer at E3 and the game will be released in 2018. It will be released in 2018, even if it is not finished."

"It seems that working on a KH consoles for the Osaka team has been exhausting."

"And, on the other hand, Nomura seems more interested in what will come after KH3 before KH3 itself."

"The development team of KH3 was obsessed with pulling a trailer last April and launch it at the end of the year with cuts."

"And, to no one's surprise, this is all the fault of Versus' development hell."

"All these details about KH3 come with 1-2 weeks of delay. Keep it in mind, because in the house of SE things go fast and change."

"The presentation at E3 is almost confirmed and Nomura should be in the event somehow or another."

D23 US is in July and they have an entire press conference dedicated just to their video games this time. It honestly might make more sense for them to do a blowout there...

They do? I thought they didn't have one dedicated to games this year like 2015. If that's the case then chances of KH3 being there are much higher of course.

edit: gotta say I can't find anything on them having a game presentation. And it wouldn't surprise me either with Disney Interactive Studios being closed down along with Disney Infinity being cancelled. I mean, I suppose they could have a KH+Battlefront+Spider-Man combo but I dunno.

They do? I thought they didn't have one dedicated to games this year like 2015. If that's the case then chances of KH3 being there are much higher of course.

edit: gotta say I can't find anything on them having a game presentation. And it wouldn't surprise me either with Disney Interactive Studios being closed down along with Disney Infinity being cancelled. I mean, I suppose they could have a KH+Battlefront+Spider-Man combo but I dunno.

They are having a special presentation for games this year. I'll try to find a link with evidence, but I've seen several people mention it in the Sony thread and on kingdom hearts forums.

Edit: so far I've only been able to find evidence of a marvel panel for their games.

DKHF

It'll be at a concert this month, I still believe.
None of these events will show anything. Be lucky if you get a Nomura sketch of Sora he did on the plane.
We'll see a lot more of KHIII at one of these events than we will of anything on console
directed by ya boy Toriyama anytime soon :)

It'll be at a concert this month, I still believe.

We'll see a lot more of KHIII at one of these events than we will of anything on console
directed by ya boy Toriyama anytime soon ��

Don't be too hasty, Toriyama could still replace Nomura as a director :).

But as I said, if it doesn't appear today I have very little confidence it would appear tomorrow or wednesday's concert.

DKHF

But as I said, if it doesn't appear today I have very little confidence it would appear tomorrow or wednesday's concert.
Nope the best Toriyama's getting is FFVIIR event director.

It'll happen today or tomorrow I'm sure.

Last I checked, 0 and 0 are equal.

Nope we're seeing something of KH3.

And look at this tweet by RedMakuzawa who was leaking Dissidia before it was announced https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/873353884487438336

Didnt they announce a KH game or info about one deep into E3 once? Like on the Wednesday or Thursday of the show.

It'll happen today or tomorrow I'm sure.

Just give up, it'll be easier.

a48Ni4k.png

Supast4r

I believe it'll show up at E3 and show a bunch of progress and it'll get released next year.

I could also be super wrong. But I have faith that Osaka Team can deliver. At least we don't have to wait long to find out how it's progressing.
This is where I am at. There will be a trailer with a new theme by my girl Udata.

Supast4r

I truly believe Kingdom Hearts III will receive a worldwide release in spring/summer 2018.

So yes, I believe it will be at E3 this year.
100% agree that it's coming next year guaranteed. It would make no sense given that the ffvii remake is coming soon as well.

Supast4r

I'm not worried about a thing after playing 0.2, if that's the kind of quality we're getting I want Nomura and dev team to take their sweet time.

Still think it's coming out this holiday.
I think it was SUPPOSED to come out this year but got delayed into next year. The release date of 1.5 + 2.5 being close to 2.8 makes that apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom