• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 E3 2016 Trailer (December 2016 worldwide release)

Burbeting

Banned
December 2016 release makes most sense at least, with FF15 coming in September and World of Final Fantasy in October, December release spans out the releases most.

Dovahking

screenshot_2016-06-08kdpe6.png

chefbags

Gah damn Nomura sure does know how to edit a trailer. That small tease with Terra, fuuuck. Also does anyone know if Willa Holland is back to voice her? Cause it sure sounds like her.

So what all's included in this again? Will this prepare me for 3?
Dream Drop Distance HD which bridges BBS and KH3 like Chain of Memories did before.
0.2 which elaborates more on BBS ending.
and Back Cover which is pretty much Chi's story in cutscene form.

So yeah if you played 1.5 and 2.5 then 2.8 should prepare you for 3.
If not, then you are gonna be so confused.

GlamFM

Banned
Is "Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue" supposed to be a name for a game?

Crazy people.

Looks nice though.

Zomba13

Daaaamn son, that 0.2 BBS stuff looks sweet. So pretty, so slick. Also super interested in the X (chi) stuff because I played like 100 levels of that before getting bored that there wasn't any actual story and it was just do this shit for dwarves do this for the Agrabah guards etc. Would be nice to see the actual story significance to that stuff and it looks good quality. Have they said how long it will be? Like is it just a short cutscene or more like a TV episode in length?

Only thing I'm not quite feeling is 3D HD because I've already played it and even though I enjoyed it, I don't really want to play it again. It looks good though, like it scrubs up nicely.

I still feel bummed there isn't some kind of II.9 complete extend darkness cross light X edition with both .5 collections and this one in one complete extra super nice package. Would be awesome to have all of Kingdom Hearts on the PS4.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Midway through the trailer as someone who's been out of the KH loop for a long time
kdzd8.gif

This includes Dream Drop Distance, the all new bbs 0.2, and back cover timeline is

Back cover -> birth by sleep -> kh1 -> start of 358/2 days -> chain of memories -> end of 358/2 days -> kh2 -> dream drop distance -> 0.2 -> kh3

If you own and finish all parts of 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8 and you'll be completely caught up for 3

Birth By Sleep looks REALLY good. That Back Cover movie seems like a good time also.

Dream Drop Distance doesn't look too hot, and I'm not expecting much as it was probably my least favorite KH overall, but as a package, I like it.

What exactly is this game? I thought there was Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out?

KH2.8 is a collection.

Includes:
-HD Remaster for Kingdom Hearts DDD
-BBS:A Fragmentary Passasge 0.2 kind of like a demo which explores Aqua
-Back story which is kind of an adaption/expansion of the mobile game

- 3DS game remastered (KH: Dream Drop Distance)
- KH: 0.2 (demo like Ground Zeroes)
- KH: Back cover (cinematic cutscene)

You need to play KH: DDD to prepare for 3 since it takes place right before KH3. Although you need to play all of them to really understand what the hell is happening in KH story

geordiemp

So, never played a JRPG, never played KH game.

Is this a remake of KH 2 ?

Is it an action RPG like Skyrim with disney characters, DMC / Gaiden action or is it more like Diablo with powers that have cooldown......

what is the combat ? Even watching trailers or gameplay you cannot work it out.

Note ; posters sometimes wonder why gamers like me who play western AAA games dont buy games like this, but coming in cold you have no idea what the hell it is imo.

Exentryk

Holy crap! Dat Aqua gameplay looks awesome!

And December release works really well. Fits nicely after World of Final Fantasy.

Asd202

Is it an action RPG like Skyrim with disney characters, DMC / Gaiden action or is it more like Diablo with powers that have cooldown......

Eh just pass on KH.

Oh god my hype, I can't contain it. 0.2 looks SO GOOD. This trailer really delivered, oh man. I can't even pretend to know what's going on with all the Unchained/Back Cover story stuff - I kind of lost track of the weird shit that's been added to the story post-Dream Drop Distance - but I don't even care, the hype is just too real and I'll figure it out as I go.

December, here we come.

I'll be honest, Back Cover looks like they put in way, WAYYYYYY more effort into it than I was expecting.

KH3 no show at E3 but I'll let it pass if they finally can offer release info and a blowout trailer at PSX/Jump Festa.

DNAbro

Jesus god no. It's a remake of the 3DS game + a demo/prequel for KH3 + a movie of the phone game.

It's more akin to DMC than anything like Skyrim but still quite different.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So Square Enix's lineup for the rest of the year:

June: Star Ocean 5
July: I Am Setsuna
August 23: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
September 30: Final Fantasy XV
October: Dragon Quest Builders
October 25: World of Final Fantasy
November: Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)?
December: Kingdom Hearts II.8 HD

Yep, awesome 6 months of SE.

Which game was I watching in he trailer? 2.8? BBS? Back Story? I dunno what's what or what trailer looked nice but confusing

There's like 4 different titles in this trailer, are these all separate games bundled into 2.8?

what's the best way the KH series from the start? I've never played them

Hexa

Aqua's game play based on the menu looks more like normal KH with styles than BBS. Also I'm surprised how much I've missed "Farewell".
Also, am I the only one that thinks that looks like Traverse Town.
ALSO HOLY FUCK TERRA OMG!!!

Krammy

I was really nervous about how next-gen Kingdom Hearts would look after all the footage from III, but this stuff from 2.8 really cements the fact that I don't like it. Everything from the new stuff with Aqua looks like it's missing a shader or something. Reminds me of those plastic looking models you'd see at the start of the HD era.

With that said the gameplay looks as solid as ever, and I'm interested in DDD HD, so I'll probably pick this one up too.

0.2 and Back Cover looks AWESOME. I am REALLY excited to see Back Cover seeing as it's not being forced to adapt a game like Days or Coded. 0.2 gave me chills. Holy shit.

Top Bottom