• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 E3 2016 Trailer (December 2016 worldwide release)

Asd202

So Square Enix's lineup for the rest of the year:

June: Star Ocean 5
July: I Am Setsuna
August 23: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
September 30: Final Fantasy XV
October: Dragon Quest Builders
October 25: World of Final Fantasy
November: Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)?
December: Kingdom Hearts II.8 HD

Yep, awesome 6 months of SE.

TR dead on arrival :p

silva1991

BeautifulTemptingBrownbear.gif

Awesome

need more gifs though.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's like 4 different titles in this trailer, are these all separate games bundled into 2.8?

what's the best way the KH series from the start? I've never played them

At this point, there are three collections, each with two playable games and a cutscene redux of a third game.

1.5, 2.5, 2.8.

Getting them and playing the games in each from left to right should* get you up to speed for KHIII.

*(ehehehe)

Zaverious

0.2 has the shadow swarm from the KH3 reveal trailer. Looks great. Back cover looks even better than 358/2 and re:coded cutscenes.

Tsunamo

I'm gonna take a stab at it and say that that's Daybreak Town and the gears Aqua collect restore it its original form (thus allowing for it to be a world in KH3)
Daaaamn son, that 0.2 BBS stuff looks sweet. So pretty, so slick. Also super interested in the X (chi) stuff because I played like 100 levels of that before getting bored that there wasn't any actual story and it was just do this shit for dwarves do this for the Agrabah guards etc. Would be nice to see the actual story significance to that stuff and it looks good quality. Have they said how long it will be? Like is it just a short cutscene or more like a TV episode in length?
Well the Days and Re:coded movies were a couple of hours from memory, so it should be a decent length. The movie covered a bunch of scenes from Chi and more, so I figure it's going to cover the important stuff so people don't have to play it.
My question as well..

Should I get Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX on PS3?
Get both. Play the games on 1.5 and then the ones on 2.5 and you're caughtup for this collection. Then play 2.8 and you're all caughtup for 3.

There's like 4 different titles in this trailer, are these all separate games bundled into 2.8?

There are 3 titles in this collection. Remaster of the 3DS game, a ''movie'' of sorts based on the mobile game and a prologue demo of KH3.

Best way to start the series is 1.5 collection on PS3.

Go_Ly_Dow

So, never played a JRPG, never played KH game.

Is this a remake of KH 2 ?

Is it an action RPG like Skyrim with disney characters, DMC / Gaiden action or is it more like Diablo with powers that have cooldown......

what is the combat ? Even watching trailers or gameplay you cannot work it out.

Note ; posters sometimes wonder why gamers like me who play western AAA games dont buy games like this, but coming in cold you have no idea what the hell it is imo.

Just get FFXV if you're looking for an accessible JRPG. You will need no prior franchise knowledge to get in to that.

0.2 looks great. Neat that they managed to get Command Styles working in KH1/KH2's battle system. I was kinda concerned after that initial trailer shot, but the character models actually look really great.

Playing Unchained actually makes me somewhat care about Back Cover now, so I'm looking forward to that.

And wow, the first worldwide release for a KH game! The only game I can think of before this in the series that released close together between countries was the GBA version of Chain of Memories (A few weeks). Hope this sets a precedent for KH3.

Carbonox

What is Back Story and why are there a billion keyblade wielders.

0.2 looks really good though. Looking forward to that.

Play the HD Collections 1.5, 2.5 and eventually 2.8. The first two are only on PS3 though I assume they will make it to PS4 eventually.

I'll be honest, Back Cover looks like they put in way, WAYYYYYY more effort into it than I was expecting.

KH3 no show at E3 but I'll let it pass if they finally can offer release info and a blowout trailer at PSX/Jump Festa.

Yup, some of those scenes look reeeeeeally good. Judging by 0.2, KH3 should be quite the looker, too, though I'm still iffy on the weird sheen the characters have.

Edit: This is, as far as I can tell, real time, which is insane looking back at some of the old CG scenes.

BC_01_small.png

Shame the battle system from BBS seems to be the battle system in KH3. Wish they would go back to KH2s.
I really don't think it is. Nomura states time and time again KH 1 and 2 have special gameplay and will mainly rely on that for 3 with taking the best of all the other side games and putting it into 3.

When they showed the aqua moveshift change thing, I am seriously under the impression that is just for Aqua or perhaps for Terra if hes playable as implied to be shown in the trailer

chefbags

If they somehow announce a 1.5 and 2.5 hd collection for current gen this e3 I'd be content af lol.

But really I'd expect that kind of announcement with their plans for KH3 updates in the winter.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So if 0.1 will reflect KH3's battle system, KH3's battle system will be like 2's, not BbS.

xewind

0.2 looks amazing, wonder what's going on with Terra showing up there. Also, seems like they working harder on chi than I thought. Looks phenomenal and got me really intrigued, looking forward to it.

Glad is a worldwide release this winter, will finally have the chance to play Dream Drop Distance as well.

Shame the battle system from BBS seems to be the battle system in KH3. Wish they would go back to KH2s.

it isn't, some stuff from BBS is still here like command styles and shotlocks but the command deck is gone

it's back to a mp bar

What is Back Story and why are there a billion keyblade wielders.

0.2 looks really good though. Looking forward to that.

prequel set way before BBS and is about the keyblade war

from the looks of things you can scroll though the shortcut bar

mean there is gonna be alot magic this time around

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I've played several of these games and I'm still not entirely sure what is going on storywise. This trailer did nothing to alleviate that but it does look fun.

Don't know if this's new, from the press release as well
The series celebrated its 10th anniversary in March 2012, and has shipped over 21 million units worldwide.

Other titles
The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 115 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 68 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 45 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.

I fell in love with the series after playing KH2, but that's the only one I've played, so this trailer was pretty confusing for me. I guess I'll need to get the other two collections, or hope that Square includes a complete series recap with KH3. Since Xbox fans can't experience the other games on their platform, a recap would make the most sense.

Anyway, the music is still so friggin amazing. I could listen to that all day.

TDLink

It looks like they're putting a ton of effort into that Back Cover cutscene/movie thing. With all that effort they couldn't hire a proper writer?

I'm not even talking about the nonsensical light/dark plot...I expect that at this point with Kingdom Hearts. The actual dialogue is...absolutely horrible. Like worst that has been in Kingdom Hearts. People don't talk like that. Sometimes it's been stilted because of the ridiculousness of everything...but this is another level.

The KH3 "demo" looks good though.

geordiemp

Just get FFXV if you're looking for an accessible JRPG. You will need no prior franchise knowledge to get in to that.

Ta, was watching some of the FFXV trailers, maybe it could be my first JRPG as opposed t the Dragon age, Skyrim, Mass effects that I like (also Gaiden / DMC).

So many Japanse trailers I watch and have no damn idea what the gameplay is, always seem chock full of manga cut scenes lol

The things I saw in the 0.2 trailer seriously reminded me of how BBS was(mainly the Spellweaver attack). But as a few people have noted, if it is indeed gonna be a blend of how KH2s system was with some aspects of how BBS was, I would be happy!

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Top Bottom