• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Here's my thought on what the KH3 surprise intro can be!

You start off as a figure in an organization black coat. You're infiltrating a dark-lit palace of indeterminate location.

As you explore it's depths, you come across swarms of heartless. Now without leader or master, the heartless have become more feral, and lash out at anything in its path.

You must navigate around the heartless, employing stealth over a head on clash with the dark beasts.

However, you cannot hide forever, and soon the heartless pick up your presence! You get cornered, and with no other option, you throw off the cloak and weild your keyblade! Only now do we learn you play the part of Young Xehanort!!

You continue clashing through the palace, and eventually reach its innermost chamber. After a boss battle with a monstrous heartless, you claim your prize - the Master of Masters' black chest. The very same one entrusted to Luxu so very long ago!

You make an exciting break from the palace, the heartless nearly always on your heels as they try to reclaim their bounty. Once far from the palace, you can now safely transport yourself to the remains of a ruined Disney Castle.

Nothing remains, save for rubble, and a tall figure in a black coat standing in the center of it all...

YX approaches the figure "My true master, inheritor of the destructive mantle that the Master left so long ago, I have returned...

(silence)

... I bring with me the prize you desired. Now... With the king gone, the black box, and my older self unaware of our plot, we may bring forth the Grand Kingdom Hearts."

The camera retreats from YX, and shifts to the mysterious figure. The camera blackens, a pause is held, and then one word comes from the voice of the True Master

"... Ahyuck..."

NullKaze

(DDD spoiler)
Probably Kairi training with Lea at Merlin's.
DDD/2.8 spoilers
Still hoping for a playable YX as the intro. Really flesh out YX and Eraqus' relationship, go into the inheritance of the No Name Keyblade and talk about time travel for all those who missed DDD.

What the absolute fuck is this piece of shit deck they give Riku for Wonderland!!! I can't beat anyone with this shit let alone the boss!!!

Was he like this in the GBA version? I honestly can't remember.

Psxphile

What the absolute fuck is this piece of shit deck they give Riku for Wonderland!!! I can't beat anyone with this shit let alone the boss!!!

More or less, yeah. Some floors the deck is pretty crap. You'll have to use your growing stable of Enemy Cards to make up the difference.
For instance, on one floor you get cards with low values across the board. But by then you should have an Enemy Card that inverses Attack Card values (1s become 9s, 2s to 8s, etc.) which you can use to improve your deck temporarily.

Fauve

Yeah that Wonderland deck is pretty crappy. Don't forget about your duel sleights! That's pretty much what I used for the boss, and I'm pretty sure the game expects you to make use of it for that world.

Cikay

I am reaching the end BBS (standard mode) and the only requirement I have left to unlock the Secret Episode is the Keyslinger trophy (kill 9999 Unversed).

Any advice on how to get it quickly, and how long does it take ? I think I have killed about 5000 already.

Psxphile

I am reaching the end BBS (standard mode) and the only requirement I have left to unlock the Secret Episode is the Keyslinger trophy (kill 9999 Unversed).

Any advice on how to get it quickly, and how long does it take ? I think I have killed about 5000 already.

If Mirage Arena counts (and I'm pretty sure they do) isn't there a match that has those floating amoeba/jelly Unversed mob you? You can take out a whole bunch right there, and afterwards exit the match and redo it? Is that feasible? Because I don't think i ever had to grind purposely to get that trophy.

I'm actually not 100% sure what would the absolute fastest.

What I can think of are the two popular grinding spots. First is in Olympus Colosseum (first area after exiting the room) and the second is in Neverland (the area in front of the Lost Boys tree save point).

I prefer the first as you can clean it very, very easily with a Pete D-Link (in personal experience even faster than a Megaflare spam). You can basically enter the area, activate the D-Link, beat the first set of enemies and collect the munny (as it is the thing that fills the gauge). You then unleash the car finisher which instantly obliterates everything and lasts long enough to reach the last wave. It takes a a bit of practice but it is my go-to way of grinding ability levels. (I could record it as a demonstration if you want)

The other thing I can think of are the Keyblade Graveyard tornadoes beaten by a Megaflare, though that may not be fast enough as you need to enter/exit the world to respawn them again.

Mirage Arena counts. Equip 4 mega flares and go do Risky Riches over and over again. Every enemy should be dead after 4

Cikay

Thanks guy I did it, the Secret Episode just unlocked !

The Olympus first area is good, 28 enemies in total, spamming Thundaga and Thundaga shot, I could clear it in ~25 seconds, that makes about 100 enemies down in 1'30.

The Risky Riches mission in the Mirage Arena is also good because you don't even have to move, just spam Mega Flares and that's something like 30+ enemies down in 30 seconds.

Siege.exe

Would anyone happen to know if I need to do another run if the Collector trophy in BBS didn't pop? I went through with all three characters at the same time and I didn't think to make back up saves

jennetics

So I ended up quitting CoM. I couldn't stand the battle system any longer...I got to, Idk the 4th or 5th time fighting Riku, and I just got up and quit. So freaking frustrating, and I was playing on Beginner :\ (I may just suck at the game).

Ended up watching the "movie" online and it made my experience so much better.

And I just finished 358/2 yesterday. That...was interesting. The overall structure of how the movie was presented was weird but, by the end of it, it had my full attention. Went back and read all the diary/secret entries as well.

And then I started KH2. I feel like I'm really going to like this game.

I'm really glad I picked this title up. I only played 1, CoM, and 2 and I basically hated them when I was a teenager. Having grown up some, I've come to really appreciate the story and characters. It also helps that I looked up a general story line explanation before I started lol Excited to get to BBS and really get into the good stuff.

Print_Dog

Just beat KHFM on Proud for the umpteenth time. Was glad to see that the difficulty trophies stack this time around. Gonna start RE:CoM now. Pray for me.

Psxphile

Would anyone happen to know if I need to do another run if the Collector trophy in BBS didn't pop? I went through with all three characters at the same time and I didn't think to make back up saves

Sounds like what happened to me before when I was playing 2.5 on the PS3: maintaining multiple saves and completing the three routes in tandem, only to find that a trophy didn't pop because one of the stickers I collected (with Ven) didn't register correctly for some reason.

In the end I had to replay nearly the whole route (again, Ven's) on Beginner and recollect every sticker on the way to fix the problem. One of them will flip the flag and the trophy notation would come up. Then you can do away with that save if you prefer the original one.

Tiu Neo

Re:CoM wasn't that bad. Only a few easy trophies remaining, with the worst being Level 99 Riku, which is more boring than hard.

Can't wait to replay KH2, it's been already 10 years since I last played it.

getting the command collection completed is definitely the worst part of bbs platinum. I really wish they somehow made stuff carry over between the characters. Its crazy having to do this all 3 times.

getting the command collection completed is definitely the worst part of bbs platinum. I really wish they somehow made stuff carry over between the characters. Its crazy having to do this all 3 times.

yeah, specifically the friendship and illusion commands are dumb because they're not really useful at all, they're all fairly complicated to get, and the things you have to do in order to get them are the same tedious stuff for all characters. i'm glad i don't care about getting platinum trophies because that'd irritate the hell out of me

yeah, specifically the friendship and illusion commands are dumb because they're not really useful at all, they're all fairly complicated to get, and the things you have to do in order to get them are the same tedious stuff for all characters. i'm glad i don't care about getting platinum trophies because that'd irritate the hell out of me
It's not that bad or tedious tbh. I managed to start and 100% one character's playthrough within 20-28 hours in-game (this is on beginner mode since I love myself too much to put myself through the pain of doing this on a harder difficulty).

Commands were easy after everything else was done or nearly done since it's just a matter of looking up the 10 or so commands missing and making them.

Mikey Jr.

So just wrapped up KH1 a few hours ago.
Got the 15 hours or under trophy
Got the never change starting equipment trophy
Got the never use a continue trophy

All in one beginner playthrough.

In the beginning, it was easy as shit, but that fucking kingdom key really starts to show its age in the middle/end. Was taking an incredible amount of time to kill, especially bosses. Also, the ending was one long stream of bosses with no save points. Shit was heart pounding since I couldn't save. Finished that game at eleven hours.

Man, KH has not aged well at all. I really think its a bad game. The amount of times the game just leaves you after a cutscene with your fucking balls hanging out, wondering what in the holy fuck you are supposed to do next, is staggering. Not only that, but having to do some obtuse shit just to proceed is just as bad.

Plus the combat could not be any more clunky. Its just so god damn stiff. Nothing about the combat feels good. I hate almost every aspect of it. Most of the bosses sucked, especially maleficient and charnbog or whatever his name was. Those 2 can rot in hell.

And Donald and Goofy? Could these worthless twats be any more useless? Donald is ALWAYS running out of MP, no matter what I tell him. And if they aren't out of MP, it means they are both dead. God, I wish I could get the gambit system form 12 into this, haha.

This is my 4th time beating this game. I am now going to collect the trophies, and begrudgingly start collecting all the fucking trinkets and shit.

But by God, I swear it, I will NEVER play KH 1 again. Never, ever ever. I am 100% done with that game for my entire life. Even if it gets released on the Playstation 7 with VR support. Never again.
Ok, 1 more time MAYBE, if I want that fucking stupid ass Platinum. Thinking of playing this game on Proud is already making my skin crawl

Famassu

In the beginning, it was easy as shit, but that fucking kingdom key really starts to show its age in the middle/end. Was taking an incredible amount of time to kill, especially bosses. Also, the ending was one long stream of bosses with no save points. Shit was heart pounding since I couldn't save. Finished that game at eleven hours.

Man, KH has not aged well at all. I really think its a bad game. The amount of times the game just leaves you after a cutscene with your fucking balls hanging out, wondering what in the holy fuck you are supposed to do next, is staggering. Not only that, but having to do some obtuse shit just to proceed is just as bad.

Plus the combat could not be any more clunky. Its just so god damn stiff. Nothing about the combat feels good. I hate almost every aspect of it. Most of the bosses sucked, especially maleficient and charnbog or whatever his name was. Those 2 can rot in hell.

And Donald and Goofy? Could these worthless twats be any more useless? Donald is ALWAYS running out of MP, no matter what I tell him. And if they aren't out of MP, it means they are both dead. God, I wish I could get the gambit system form 12 into this, haha.

This is my 4th time beating this game. I am now going to collect the trophies, and begrudgingly start collecting all the fucking trinkets and shit.

But by God, I swear it, I will NEVER play KH 1 again. Never, ever ever. I am 100% done with that game for my entire life. Even if it gets released on the Playstation 7 with VR support. Never again.
Ok, 1 more time MAYBE, if I want that fucking stupid ass Platinum. Thinking of playing this game on Proud is already making my skin crawl
The only thing that is a bit too clunky to be detrimental to the experience at times is jumping, even that you can get used to for most situations and skills like high jump and glide get rid of most of the rest of the other problems. Combat is still fun. Maybe not if you're going for the no equipment changes trophy since that draws out late game battles but there's nothing fundamentally bad about KH's combat. KHII's is more fluid and has some good additions but KH1 still gets the basics right. Offers some challenge (at least up to a point and if you don't do too much extra fighting to overlevel Sora), makes positioning, knowing enemy attack patterns and timing blocks & dodges important and offers an ok amount of offensive abilities (basic combos in air and on the ground, special attacks, magics, summons and some situational attacks)

The game still mostly holds up pretty good. The AI is pretty worthless but that's an age old problem with companion AIs that games rarely (if ever) do well without kinda cheating. Even highly acclaimed developers like Naughty Dog can't get it right. Last of Us & Uncharted have more useful AI but only because the AI characters can't die (other than in some special situations maybe, IIRC) or be seen by enemies and a lot of the helpful stuff they do are tightly scripted.

The environments are a bit maze-ish but that's not necessarily a bad thing. A few times advancing might be behind some obscure stuff but usually the game points out the way fairly well or at least gives a clear objective (i.e. find person X who went That Way). Forcing the player to explore is not a bad thing.

It's not that bad or tedious tbh. I managed to start and 100% one character's playthrough within 20-28 hours in-game (this is on beginner mode since I love myself too much to put myself through the pain of doing this on a harder difficulty).

Commands were easy after everything else was done or nearly done since it's just a matter of looking up the 10 or so commands missing and making them.

It took me 70 some hours for terra on standard And I'm up to around 40 on Ventus. Haven't even started aqua yet, which you need to do to unlock some of the mirage arenas for the other characters.

Then after all that I have to rush through the game again on critical for the platinum.
This will basically take me 200 hours, maybe a little more I'd guess.
Each play through will be less than terra. Getting fantastic on all ice cream beat songs took me a really long time. You don't have to do that on the other characters thank god

It took me 70 some hours for terra on standard And I'm up to around 40 on Ventus. Haven't even started aqua yet, which you need to do to unlock some of the mirage arenas for the other characters.

Then after all that I have to rush through the game again on critical for the platinum.
This will basically take me 200 hours, maybe a little more I'd guess.
Each play through will be less than terra. Getting fantastic on all ice cream beat songs took me a really long time. You don't have to do that on the other characters thank god

You do need a fantastic rating for all characters for the one song that gives you a command style, though

I give KH credit for caring alot about expressing characters via facial expressions.

byH86FR.jpg

You do need a fantastic rating for all characters for the one song that gives you a command style, though

yeah I got that done on ven already. Its one of the easiest songs.

And I completely forgot you need to win on every command board for the report. I just did the keyblade board 7 times cus I thought you just needed to win 7 times and that was it. I forgot you need to unlock the secret board and all that shit. So I just wasted several hours

KH has never had particularly great AI for your allies but you *can* tweak them pretty hard to get something that works for you.

It's too bad KH2 D&G are so severely nerfed next to KH1 D&G though. No MP Gift and no -ga level spells/full set of spells is a real bummer. Donald being able to use Magnega in KH2 would be awfully nice.

If KH3 is adding freeze/burn/shock status effects to elemental magic like BBS 0.2 does, though, even KH2 Donald would be substantially more handy for basic crowd control and attrition.

Mikey Jr.

KH has never had particularly great AI for your allies but you *can* tweak them pretty hard to get something that works for you.

It's too bad KH2 D&G are so severely nerfed next to KH1 D&G though. No MP Gift and no -ga level spells/full set of spells is a real bummer. Donald being able to use Magnega in KH2 would be awfully nice.

If KH3 is adding freeze/burn/shock status effects to elemental magic like BBS 0.2 does, though, even KH2 Donald would be substantially more handy for basic crowd control and attrition.

I never trust AI with magic. They burn it with no regard.

Wish KH3 went to a cooldown system for them. So they can cast thunder as many times as they want in battle, just they have to wait X amount of seconds between each thunder.

So I spent most of the day doing item synthesis on KH1 and finally finished it. Felt so good. Thought man I am so close to the plat after that...then looked at what's left...gummi ship missions...secret bosses....coliseum runs. LAWD!!! Going to be awhile to get this done.

MAtgS

So I spent most of the day doing item synthesis on KH1 and finally finished it. Felt so good. Thought man I am so close to the plat after that...then looked at what's left...gummi ship missions...secret bosses....coliseum runs. LAWD!!! Going to be awhile to get this done.
The worse is over. On the PS4 version you only really need to complete the Wonderland gummi missions which are super easy. Xenmas and Sephiroth are far easier than the superbosses of later games.

The worse is over. On the PS4 version you only really need to complete the Wonderland gummi missions which are super easy. Xenmas and Sephiroth are far easier than the superbosses of later games.

Thank you---wish the post game content wasn't so repetitive/grinding. Looking forward to KHII/BBS since I don't remember storywise where the series goes after KHII

You say that Kingdom Hearts 1 doesn't tell you where to go but KH2 makes its painfully obvious. Playing through it now after finishing KH1 and the game doesn't even let me think about where I should go.
It's not like the PS3 version where you had to complete all Gummi missions. We are given a huge break. Make Sora level 100 and steamroll all bosses.

I never trust AI with magic. They burn it with no regard.

Wish KH3 went to a cooldown system for them. So they can cast thunder as many times as they want in battle, just they have to wait X amount of seconds between each thunder.
The KH2/0.2/3 magic system is literally a cooldown system, thankfully.

I hate the difficulty trophies in these games cause I just wanted an easy ride through Re:CoM but I don't wanna do two playthroughs :(. I really hope KH3 doesn't have any difficulty trophies (yeah right, as if).

Honestly, one of the main things that bothers me in Kingdom Hearts and all its nonsense of a plot is what the hell is Chernabog doing in End of the World in KH1?

Epcott

Tried KH1 on proud mode, made it up to Aladdin's cave of wonders Puma Head fight and was savagely trounced at level 23. I just couldn't do it, too much grinding and death lol

Omg

Mikey Jr.

You say that Kingdom Hearts 1 doesn't tell you where to go but KH2 makes its painfully obvious. Playing through it now after finishing KH1 and the game doesn't even let me think about where I should go.

Thats perfectly fine with me! Wandering around Traverse town trying to find the room that triggers the next cutscene is boring and a complete waste of time.

Just finished Atlantica yesterday. As usual, finished a cutscene and didn't know where to go. Just a dolphin that swims around taking you nowhere. Apparently every single enemy on the map needs to be killed. Ok.

Or the best one was cave of wonders where you had to shoot some pillar with fire. I spent a good half hour trying to find out how to proceed in that dungeon.

Tried KH1 on proud mode, made it up to Aladdin's cave of wonders Puma Head fight and was savagely trounced at level 23. I just couldn't do it, too much grinding and death lol

Omg
All KH games are ridiculously stat-dependent - it's still an RPG. Even a couple of levels will completely alter the way a tough boss fight feels - you'll stop taking big damage and start dealing it.

That said, getting up on its head is a lot safer than dealing with the enemies it spawns.

LycanXIII

Honestly, one of the main things that bothers me in Kingdom Hearts and all its nonsense of a plot is what the hell is Chernabog doing in End of the World in KH1?

His world was destroyed, all that was left was his mountain/volcano, and it merged with the mess of other world parts, like Destiny Islands. 3D spoiler
His real world is Symphony of Sorcery.

I hate the difficulty trophies in these games cause I just wanted an easy ride through Re:CoM but I don't wanna do two playthroughs :(. I really hope KH3 doesn't have any difficulty trophies (yeah right, as if).

CoM really wasn't that difficult on proud. I had never played more than 20 minutes of it before and was able to get through it without much issue and I did everything on proud for the platinum. And before you play make sure you watch 358 days before because it unlocks stuff needed for trophies in com. I wanted to do everything in order so I started it and just turned my tv off and then watched it again after I beat com

Top Bottom