• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Prologue Chapter announced - KH 3D HD + KH 0.2 BbS (PS4)

jediyoshi

1442303774-kh.gif

KH GOAT

StarVigil

This shit is really confusing for people like me who have never played Kingdom Hearts but who now own Playstation and likes the look of Kingdom Hearts 3

So...what? What is this? I want to play the series and get a title like 2.8??
Don't worry, the actual games are much more confusing
Actual KH Story summary, SPOILERS obviously: KH Honest Trailer

Doubt it'll be much else but some slight re-balancing of skills & shit (hopefully all the Dream Eater stuff) and making all the systems work without a second screen. I guess they might add a bonus boss fight or something. Wouldn't expect the flowmotion-system to see some major reworking or anything.

I'm not expecting Flowmotion to be rebalanced, but I do hope they make it so that the damn Water Barrel game isn't the only viable way to get skills.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So is this KH2 with bonus content? Reading the OP it seems it doesn't have it, but why call it 2.8 then. I don't really understand what this is.

1.5 is for all the story content for 1 and bridges the gap to 2. 2.5 is story content for 2 and halfway bridges the gap to 3.

2.8 is all the content in between 2.5 and 3.

Sandfox

Seems back cover is going to be a movie which will simply explain the events of X/Unchained X?
Also if there was any doubt, BBS 0.2 is going to be playable. I just hope it's quite substantial, but I also want KH3 asap, ha ha.

Well its labeled as a "short episode" so I wouldn't expect too much lol

Permanently A

press.na.square-enix.com/releases/530/kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue-coming-to-the-playstation4

NEW AQUA CONTENT CONFIRMED. GET HYYYYYYPE

Originally released in 2012, KINGDOM HEARTS [Dream Drop Distance] HD is a full-HD remastered version of KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]. Series protagonists Sora and Riku take on the Mark of Mastery exam in preparation for coming threats. The signature action of the KINGDOM HEARTS series has evolved, allowing players to experience faster-paced battles and exploration at a blistering pace.

This newly remastered title also features:
· KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage –
o A completely new playable episode that links to the story of KINGDOM HEARTS III, taking place after the storyline of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep played from the perspective of Aqua.

· KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] Back Cover (movie)
o A new HD movie that tells the mysterious story of the Foretellers, connecting the earliest parts of the series’ history, showcased in the upcoming mobile title KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ[chi].

Aru

I hope that 0.2 is longer than the Secret Episode from BBS FM. At least 3 hours long please!

In previous collections we had 2 full games and a movie, now it's 1 full game, a movie and a chapter.

Ponn

Banned
This shit is really confusing for people like me who have never played Kingdom Hearts but who now own Playstation and likes the look of Kingdom Hearts 3

Well, so apparently they originally said since the KH games were spread out over several systems they started the .5 remaster initiative to bring everything together for new fans but apparently they just shat the bed with this and confused the crap out of people even more. You will still need a PS3 to play 1.5 and 2.5.

Famassu

There was a HD Collection on PS3 called 1.5 HD ReMix which had the first Kingdom Hearts game and two spin-offs that expanded on the story and were lead-ins to the second game (one of which was in a movie form only in the HD Collection). Then there came 2.5 HD ReMix, which had the second mainline KH game, a prologue game (that is basically KH Zero) called Birth By Sleep and a originally-a-mobile-game-then-a-DS-game-and-only-a-movie-with-cutscenes-from-the-game thing from a game called ReCoded.

This is 2.8, which has a HD remaster of a game called Dream Drop Distance that is a lead-up to the upcoming third mainline Kingdom Hearts and was originally released for 3DS + it has two extra chapters that haven't been released before that will also lead into Kingdom Hearts III. Doubt they will be full games. One seems like it could be a movie like ReCoded in the 2.5 HD collection and the other is probably a few hour experience at most.

Isomac

1.5 is for all the story content for 1 and bridges the gap to 2. 2.5 is story content for 2 and halfway bridges the gap to 3.

2.8 is all the content in between 2.5 and 3.

Wow, who comes up with this. It's like they want to be as confusing as they can. Thanks for the explanation!

Mathieran

Banned
Without KH 1 and 2 I'm gonna pass on this and KH3. I was hoping this would include them. I've never been able to play this series and it doesn't seem like a good series to jump into the middle of.

Tirod

press.na.square-enix.com/releases/530/kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue-coming-to-the-playstation4

NEW AQUA CONTENT CONFIRMED. GET HYYYYYYPE

Thank you Nomura.

If I don't get the chance to play as Aqua in KH3, at least I'll savor this.

Wonder if her new episode shares the combat system from III or they bring over the Command style? Command style wouldn't suit itself well to just an episode though, maybe this will be an equivalent to the Episode Duscae demo from FF XV and give us a taste of III's systems?

Zalman

2.9 could still be a thing. They could combine 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 as one final collection before release. I'd like that.

Permanently A

Thank you Nomura.

If I don't get the chance to play as Aqua in KH3, at least I'll savor this.

Wonder if her new episode shares the combat system from III or they bring over the Command style? Command style wouldn't suit itself well to just an episode though, maybe this will be an equivalent to the Episode Duscae demo from FF XV and give us a taste of III's systems?

I'm soooo hoping for it to be like Ground Zeroes or Duscae and give us a taste of the gameplay

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

This is the full name right?

This is like Infinite Undiscovery and End of Eternity levels of strangeness.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I am surprised they didn't announce Xbone version.

Given that's the North American press release, presumably it's only on PS4.

For something that's going to be lower volume like this, I'm guessing they feel porting it around won't gain them much versus KH3 which they're going to hope for like 3+ million copies from.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So, an HD version of a Nintendo game that serves as a prequel to an Xbox One game, exclusive to Playstation.

Square(tm)

Probably gave up on Xbox One after Type-0 HD.

Top Bottom