• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle footage hailed at early press preview

Theorry

Members of the press gathered in London on Friday for an early look at some of 20th Century Fox’s upcoming films, including Kingsman: The Golden Circle. Director Matthew Vaughn was on hand to discuss the rip-roaring sequel to his gentlemanly but R-rated spy movie, but first, attendees sat back as Fox screened footage from the film’s first act.

Early reactions were overwhelmingly positive. Reporters hailed the extended preview as “awesome,” “insane,” and “freakin’ amazing,” and Julianne Moore as “delightfully vicious” and “brutal” in her performance as Poppy, a Martha Stewart-like global entrepreneur with dangerous plans.

Taron Egerton made his debut as street-to-suave super-spy Eggsy in Kingsman: The Secret Service, and he returns here with Jeff Bridges, Halle Berry, Channing Tatum, Mark Strong, Pedro Pascal, and Elton John. Colin Firth also makes a surprise comeback, despite his character’s apparent death in the first film.

The sequel sees agents of The Kingsman crossing paths with The Statesman, the American equivalent of the British spy society, to put a stop to Poppy’s plans. See the first reactions below.

kingsman2earlyreactioqelsk.png

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/05/kingsman-golden-circle-reactions/

Decado

Given it is the same director I have no reason not to have high expectations. Still R-rated, right?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Didn't realize Julianne Moore was the villain. Great responses unlike those sort of good response from the Alien Covenant showing lol

We don't see very many female main antagonists, do we? I'm intrigued. Was gonna watch it anyway, though.
Just from movies out or coming out this year and without thinking much at least Thor 3, Baywatch, Fast 8, The Mummy and Rings have a female main antagonist.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Time to get hyped, y'all. I was pretty excited about this film while working on it personally :)

No surprise, the visual effects guy (Animator) who posts on here and does tons of work on these blockbusters said it's probably the most insane thing he's worked on.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Saw the trailer ahead of Gotg2 and it looked really good. First movie was a very pleasant surprise so looking forward to this one

Theecliff

Banned
Those shadows have faces on them! O:
that poster has to be fan-made right? firth doesn't have his eye patch, as you mention the funky shadows, and the "reports of my death" text doesn't look like it's using the same font as other promotional material

Blue Lou

Co-writer Jayne Goldman has a fairly good record for me. The only one of her screenplays I haven't really liked was Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (it was okay).

I thoroughly enjoyed the first film, really looking forward to this.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy spoilers, and spoilers for the first Kingsman film:

It's genuinely nice to have Colin Firth back, as there was starting to be a depressing track record of Mark Strong and Firth doing spy films together that had Firth dying at the end. The two of them always have good chemistry, so it's great to have Firth back. TTSS still has one of my favorite endings, though. La mer~.

Top Bottom