• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Blowout Blast |OT| Can you handle Kirby's blow job?

Shiggy

lxs6r.jpg

Kirby, Nintendo's pink protagonist, is back again and he is out on his latest journey in his fourth 3DS eShop-exclusive mini game: Kirby's Blowout Blast. This time it's not just about "inhaling" your enemies, you also need to blow them away with Kirby's very special abilities. Kirby's Blowout Blast is an expanded version of Kirby 3D Rumble, which appeared in Kirby: Planet Robobot.

Key details:
Release: July 4, 2017 (Japan) / July 6, 2017 (Europe, North America)
Price: JPY 810 / EUR 6.99 / USD 6.99
Players: 1
Platform: 3DS eShop
Developer: HAL Laboratory, Inc.

Product description:
Have a blast inhaling foes and blowing them away in 3D environments across 25+ stages. Inhale enough enemies and you can launch one huge Blaster Bullet capable of wiping out a troop of Waddle Dees. Now's your chance to battle iconic bosses like Kracko Jr and King Dedede in 3D!

Inhaling multiple enemies to launch Blaster Bullets is a great way to pump up your score and go for a bronze, silver, or gold star. Another way to score big is to rack up a combo by continuously firing at enemies without missing. Or you could always just collect coins as you jump across platforms. As you progress, you'll unlock EX stages, which provide a tougher challenge to master. Celebrate your victories by tapping a Kirby series amiibo™ figure to build a statue in the plaza that plays new music!

• Inhale enemies to launch Blaster Bullets and take out groups of enemies in a 3D space
  • Obtain a bronze, silver, or gold trophy while shooting for a high score
  • Face down beloved Kirby series bosses like Kracko Jr and King Dedede
  • Unlock EX stages and master them for an even tougher challenge

Screenshots:
thumbs016ps7w.png

thumbs02g8s3v.png

Videos:
Announcement trailer
Japanese release trailer

Kirby Planet Robobot bonuses:
If you have Streetpass data for Kirby Planet Robobot on your system, you will receive two statues in the plaza that play new music.
screenshot2017-07-03aresqc.png

amiibo features:
If you scan in any of the Kirby amiibos, you receive a statue depicting that amiibo character in the plaza that play new music. See this short Japanese video for an overview of the amiibo features.
screenshot2017-06-28a8ks4q.png
screenshot2017-06-28aoisyd.png
screenshot2017-06-28a6cs7c.png

3DS HOME Menu Theme:
The game release coincides with the release of a new 3DS HOME Menu Theme, which will be available for purchase separately.

Reviews:
Please stay tuned.

Links:
Official European website
Official American website
Official Japanese website

WonderzL

Banned
I can't believe we are somehow getting a sequel to the very first Kirby, and it's an arcade-y 3D one at that! Isn't that amazing?

It blows me away.

It makes other games suck by comparison.

Berordn

I can't believe we are somehow getting a sequel to the very first Kirby, and it's an arcade-y 3D one at that! Isn't that amazing?

It blows me away.

It makes other games suck by comparison.

Less a sequel and more a remake, it feels.

Not that it's a bad thing by any means.

Bert409

Kinda thinking this is a prototype of sorts for a big 3D AAA Kirby game on Switch, in same way Dreamland was for Adventure.

Berordn

Is it? How so?

Going to the same levels and fighting the same bosses, and then doing it again in EX mode from what we've seen in the trailer. KDL has no abilities, which probably made it the perfect mold to spin off the Robobot minigame.

WonderzL

Banned
Going to the same levels and fighting the same bosses, and then doing it again in EX mode from what we've seen in the trailer. KDL has no abilities, which probably made it the perfect mold to spin off the Robobot minigame.

Oh I didn't watch the trailer. Oh well, it's fine I guess

Haha damn, that title. Any word on the £ price? This kind of came out of nowhere for me, I had totally missed everything about it until just the other day but it looks pretty fun.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Kinda thinking this is a prototype of sorts for a big 3D AAA Kirby game on Switch, in same way Dreamland was for Adventure.

It's actually just an expansion of a similar minigame that was in Planet Robobot, similar to how the Dedede Drum game and Kirby Fighters got standalone releases after being minigames in Triple Deluxe.

Fireblend

Banned
That is a terrible thread title.

Kirby is cute and pure and is my friend and I am offended.

Seriously OP you should feel bad.

Ivan 3414

Damn, they be rolling out these Kirby games don't they?

They're always at the very least decent and they always turn a profit.

I don't think this particular entry looks super interesting but I'll eventually check it out. The Kirby series has good rapport in my book. The budget price helps too.

That is a terrible thread title.

Kirby is cute and pure and is my friend and I am offended.

Seriously OP you should feel bad.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the title either

Berordn

I think it's confirmed that the "3DS Holiday" Kirby was turned into Kirby Switch...

Nintendo posted a trailer for this holiday's titles and...

rip 3ds

That would be a very fast turnaround from 3DS title to Switch title, and they definitely would've known the plan back for that direct. They could still be waiting to reveal it.

Sölf

I still haven't beaten Planet Robobot. I need to do that. And then play this. I need more Kirby in my life. <3

I think it's confirmed that the "3DS Holiday" Kirby was turned into Kirby Switch...

Nintendo posted a trailer for this holiday's titles and...

rip 3ds

Thought it was maybe worth following up on this? Apparently Satoshi Ishida posted on Miiverse to confirm that the mystery 3DS project and the switch project are indeed separate. Not Blowout Blast related I know, but since it was discussed.

Satoshi Ishida of HAL Laboratory recently posted on Miiverse with an all-new Kirby illustration and confirming that the upcoming Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch Kirby games will be separate entries. The 3DS game will be a multiplayer action game and is re-confirmed for Winter release.Tthe Switch game will be more traditional (royal road Kirby!) and is re-confirmed for 2018 release.

Link

Narroo

$7? I hope this game is reasonably long, but I can't imagine it being so at that price. The Robobot minigame was neat, but lasted a whole 20 minutes. Hopefully this has a bit more meat to it.

Top Bottom