• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Blowout Blast |OT| Can you handle Kirby's blow job?

Jazzem

Christ at that title ha

This looks super charming and the price seems reasonable, despite not being big on 3DS these days I'll likely pick it up :)

tumblr_oskujnVGv51s2z1y6o2_400.jpg

Ahhhh speaking of super charming <3

Berordn

$7? I hope this game is reasonably long, but I can't imagine it being so at that price. The Robobot minigame was neat, but lasted a whole 20 minutes. Hopefully this has a bit more meat to it.

It's definitely got more to it, because of EX mode. I wouldn't go expecting a long game though. They seem to be styling it after KDL and you can beat that in about 25 minutes.

WonderzL

Banned
I agree that the thread title is bad but whatever

At least some people know about the game now, aside from "oh it's just another Kirby

WonderzL

Banned
Any benefits on going platinum all the way? I got 2 platinums and 2 golds on level 1 and still got the EX Stage

Shiggy

Any benefits on going platinum all the way? I got 2 platinums and 2 golds on level 1 and still got the EX Stage

In Team Kirby Crash Deluxe it didn't do anything apart from giving you an upgraded board for the level select.

From this
WVW69kcr52sWtnqBGX

to this
WVW69kSYrmE2Eeyout

So it's probably more for yourself to platinum all stages.

Shifty

It doesn't look terribly ambitious, but it's one step closer to true 3D Kirby so I'll take it.

Atrocious thread title.

BooJoh

It took me a little under an hour to play through the main stages (not counting the EX stages, which are tougher versions of the same levels.)

There's also something marked "Secret Path" that requires getting a gold on everything, and I don't know how much content is in there.

Overall this feels like a nice throwback to Kirby's Dream Land, and the levels - while short - are much better than the ones in the Robobot minigame, but the price is a little steep for the content. I'm not unhappy with my purchase though.

Also, +1 to this topic having a terrible subtitle.

One thing about the thread title is it got me to check out a game I didn't know about but other than that it's garbage. The need to sexualize absolutely everything in video games is tiring.

Just blew (ha!) through it today and I'm already trying to platinum everything. I honestly hope we get a 3D Kirby in this vein on the Switch.
Also, the thread title is tops. The amount of bottom bothering it has produced is completely worth it.

BiggNife

Is this game worth the seven bucks? I love Kirby but I'm wondering if it's worth the 2 hours of content. Destructoid seemed pretty lukewarm on it.

Also I laughed at the title because I'm 10 years old I guess

tsundoku

I was really intrigued by the camera angle and the concept of 3d platforming when it popped up in a direct.

But from the actual trailer it looks like its a really straightforward kind of boring inhale and then aim and shoot game? Are there any actual puzzles or platforms or exploration elements to it?

No powers just inhaling so they can't do any puzzles or locked off areas based on you finding and keeping a power right?

Are there a decent amount of states / properties to the inhale, or is it literally just inhale 1->n objects: little shot, inhale n objects: big shot
?

Berordn

Is this game worth the seven bucks? I love Kirby but I'm wondering if it's worth the 2 hours of content. Destructoid seemed pretty lukewarm on it.

Also I laughed at the title because I'm 10 years old I guess

You could do a lot worse for 7 bucks, but if you're not interested in replaying the stages to get higher scores, there's not much to see after the credits roll.

I was really intrigued by the camera angle and the concept of 3d platforming when it popped up in a direct.

But from the actual trailer it looks like its a really straightforward kind of boring inhale and then aim and shoot game? Are there any actual puzzles or platforms or exploration elements to it?

No powers just inhaling so they can't do any puzzles or locked off areas based on you finding and keeping a power right?

Are there a decent amount of states / properties to the inhale, or is it literally just inhale 1->n objects: little shot, inhale n objects: big shot
?

Nope, it's a pretty straightforward expansion of the Planet Robobot subgame. No powers or abilities, nothing in the way of exploration. Short run n' gun stages with little arenas spread throughout.

The real meat is scoring platinums in everything.

El Odio

Banned
Breezed through platinuming most of the normal stages but is it even possible to platinum the EX stages? I got a high score of 52925 on 1-1 after speeding through it as fast as I can and that's still only a gold.

Crub

Breezed through platinuming most of the normal stages but is it even possible to platinum the EX stages? I got a high score of 52925 on 1-1 after speeding through it as fast as I can and that's still only a gold.

Time doesn't much matter as long as you get the award. The reason you haven't go platinum is because you didn't get the get the best chains.

WonderzL

Banned

Yes, you need chains. It's possible.

El Odio

Banned
Yeah, I was failing to suck up the group at the start completely and not getting the fullest possible chain from them. Finished this up just with my last platinum on the secret route. Surprised they didn't demand you get all the bonuses for the platinum like all the other stages.
WVW69kdPnks1GqfXuP

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yeah, I was failing to suck up the group at the start completely and not getting the fullest possible chain from them. Finished this up just with my last platinum on the secret route. Surprised they didn't demand you get all the bonuses for the platinum like all the other stages.
WVW69kdPnks1GqfXuP

You are a menace!

I played this for the first time tonight, it's an awesome game! Really impressed!

That is a terrible thread title.

Kirby is cute and pure and is my friend and I am offended.

Seriously OP you should feel bad.

Not a big fan of the thread's sub-title, to be honest.

It's disgusting.

Not digging the sub title.

The title is just crude. Nothing funny or witty about it.

I'm not easily offended or anything but that title is just bad. I mean, it's not even a subtle joke or anything.

Yeah... same, you all.

@MUWANdo

Banned
So is this game truly a reimagining of Kirby's Dreamland 1 in 3D? I keep seeing that thrown around this thread.

It's heavily reminiscent of KDL but it's not a full remake, there's stuff from KDL that's not in this game. It's more like a 3D Spring Breeze, I guess.

Sciz

So is this game truly a reimagining of Kirby's Dreamland 1 in 3D? I keep seeing that thrown around this thread.

Only very loosely. It mostly uses a subset of DL1's enemies, music, and bosses, but in terms of overall game design you're talking about 60-90 second score attack sprints focused on racking up combos rather than any serious platforming challenges. The bosses are the only part that really come off as traditional Kirby.

KirbyKid

WVW69kdPnks1GqfXuP

Congrats. We're in the same club.

Also, the other levels don't require you to get all the medals to get the platinum. There must be some kind of leniency with the scoring there. I played a previous level and didn't go fast enough I think, but still got platinum.

This is one of my games of the year. It started out meh. Then I started to get into the scoring. After platinuming everything, I could tell the level design was not only much less straightforward than I thought, but it took a considerable amount of planning and skill to pull everything off. Translating the 2D bosses into 3D is flawless. This game is a template for how other IPs can take their 2D, snappy, clear, and spatial gameplay and convert it into 3D properly.

I can't say enough good things about this game. Took about 13.3 hours to 100%. Well worth the money.

Top Bottom