• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kitten foots

Banjo64

cumsessed
Bump for a foot.

One of the kittens I took in passed away. He got stuck in the fence "there was a slight gap" and he was stuck there for I don't know how long. We went to the vet and they wanted to charge 3600 dollars for aggressive treatment. They charged us 200 just to admit the kitten in and put a catheter in. I went to my vet and they said he has bruising and just needed medication.

For a week the kitten looked like he was making progress. Started walking, started eating, drinking, then just passed away suddenly last night. I took down the fence and built a new one, but a kitten of only three months was taken. I'm just in shock. It made sleep hard to come by. Still in shock. I'm 500 dollars poorer and without the kitten I was helping to get adopted.
Sorry to hear that brother. Sadly these things just happen sometimes, it’s life.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Just cut 2mm off of the tips of there claws fortnightly. Harmless to them and saves your future and limbs.

Rr0PRM3.jpg

🥺😰😱.

Hay que garrita!!!

Lastly, indoor cats seems to be an American thing, because here in Europe it is very frowned upon. For example, You will not get a cat from an animal shelter if you're unwilling to let them outside (except in the rare cases that the cat has been raised as an indoor cat by their previous owner).
Depends where in Europe.

Here most cats are indoors, because there's too much traffic and they'll often get run over, scared and never come back, etc.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Bump for a foot.

One of the kittens I took in passed away. He got stuck in the fence "there was a slight gap" and he was stuck there for I don't know how long. We went to the vet and they wanted to charge 3600 dollars for aggressive treatment. They charged us 200 just to admit the kitten in and put a catheter in. I went to my vet and they said he has bruising and just needed medication.

For a week the kitten looked like he was making progress. Started walking, started eating, drinking, then just passed away suddenly last night. I took down the fence and built a new one, but a kitten of only three months was taken. I'm just in shock. It made sleep hard to come by. Still in shock. I'm 500 dollars poorer and without the kitten I was helping to get adopted.

sorry to hear mate

Was never really a cat person, but having her around really helped my girl through some tough teenage years ❤️ and for that. I will be forever grateful

Plus she had personality (the cat 😁), which helps her be part of the family 😊

pramod

Banned
I thought claw trimming is kind of necessary every few months?(especially for indoor cats since the claws will just keep growing if they don't run around a lot outside) From what I read, when they get too long it might actually hurt the cat.

Last edited:
I thought claw trimming is kind of necessary every few months?(especially for indoor cats since the claws will just keep growing if they don't run around a lot outside) From what I read, when they get too long it might actually hurt the cat.
Yes it is - every few weeks really, otherwise they'll split and attempting to cut them then becomes an utter ordeal. Also if we leave it, her claws grow into razors and I end up having to explain to people that no, I have not been self harming, rather I just co-habit with an angry bitch who thinks my hands are edible (she's not really a bitch, more of a chubby funbag).

Last edited:
Top Bottom