• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knockoff version of The Last of Us released on the Nintendo Switch

ZoukGalaxy

🤔...:pie_thinking:...🤔...💡...:cool:

zWmeIQ9.png

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

So I went ahead and played some of it last night and... Oof, it was painful as fuck. The intro is just some still images with text running along to describe the plot. It's something about a virus outbreak that destroys the planet and a time machine that can send people in to the future. Our main protagonist Brian jumps into one of those and becomes the savior or something. I don't fucking know, it was awful. The plot is a ripoff from Twelve Monkeys with Bruce Willis so if you want to know more just watch the movie.

The gameplay is standard third person action with A LOT of jank. And you need to eat to get energy so you can swing a bat, on a zombie that takes 4-5 hits draining 60% of your energy.

Graphics are early PS2, looks like an unfinished prototype of a zombie survival game. Very linear levels. No music whatsoever so the only thing you hear is zombies growl and Brian taking a swing or shooting a gun.

The girl you pick up and protect looks exactly like Ellie. She pops up randomly behind a desk in the library with a BS explanation as to why. I'm like wtf? She also doesn't move, because whenever a zombie comes near her, she just freeze up and cowers in fears. You can't do nothing except enter another area. A d yeah, there is a loading screen between every area. And no continue or exit to title menu when you die. Just a sign that says "You dead".

Fuck this shit. Not even worth 7p.

angrod14

With how much people blow Nintendo they'll probably come out saying this is better than the original PS franchise.

TxKnight7

Damn, I do remember that there was this Pakistani Uncharted rip-off that came out years ago but at least that game had the courtesy of creating some original designs for the setting and characters. But this is basically a video game equivalent of:

993d4f824f2ca33273cced4653acdde5.jpg

Also, it would be really cathartic if Nintendo would get sued over this, lol.
sad id.as

Top Bottom