• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

Kirie

Last week, what a ride it has been. Certainly went by quicker than MN9 (possibly because there were a lot more updates)

New Pledge Add-ons

Really looking forward to seeing how much it'll end up getting in the final days! :)

Love that new artwork.

BrunoM

Was holding on for some odd reason but jumped in really want to play this on the vita so went for phisical os4 and want it on vits too ..

Let's get it to the vital goal guys lol

Was holding on for some odd reason but jumped in really want to play this on the vita so went for phisical os4 and want it on vits too ..

Let's get it to the vital goal guys lol

I think the Vita goal has already been reached considering the KS doesn't show the PayPal amount and last I remember which I think it was 5+ days ago PayPal had over $70k, so lets get to $4.5m!

BrunoM

I think the Vita goal has already been reached considering the KS doesn't show the PayPal amount and last I remember which I think it was 5+ days ago PayPal had over $70k, so lets get to $4.5m!
Good point forgot about the PayPal .. Hummm
Well we must be really close like what 10-15K away ?

Well let's get to 4.5!! Lol

Crocodile

@HellBlazer: Thanks for the charts, they provide some nice perspective :)

The podcast is really worth a listen regarding stretch goals.

Listening to the podcast........

4 Million:
Online Race Mode (racing to beat a level/boss). May have Co-Op elements like Harmony of Despair with rare item drops.
4.25 Million:
3rd Playable Character

4.5 Million:
Companion Pixel (8 or 16bit) Game. Size of game still being decided. Free to backers of a certain level (level not decided yet - might be at least $60 tier). Will likely be sold later to non-backers.

Secret Last Stretch Goal:
It's still a secret but is supposedly mind melting

chrono01

Add-on's confirmed Thank you! Now I can keep my pledge at $100 [minus shipping], and then add-on $200 later on for that signed Collector's Box. I'd do it now, but I'm pretty stressed on my budget as is, so I'd like to wait until later if possible. I'm so glad they made it an option, though.

One thing I don't know how they'll handle, though, is the shipping cost. Since I'm at the $100 tier, once the Kickstarter ends I'll be charged $110 [$100 + $10 for CDN shipping]. Since the $300 tier has more expensive shipping [$20 instead of $10], I assume when I "upgrade" my pledge I would add-on another $200 [for the tier itself] and then $10 more for the shipping, since I would have already paid $10 for the initial $100 tier. I'm not entirely sure, but I'd imagine it would work something like that.

I'm officially excited. Onwards to $4,500,000!

Edit: Never mind. These are just add-ons and not Backer Kit add-ons for after the Kickstarter ends. So I'm still out of luck on that. $100 tier it is!

4 Million:
Online Race Mode (racing to beat a level/boss). May have Co-Op elements like Harmony of Despair with rare item drops.
4.25 Million:
3rd Playable Character

4.5 Million:
Companion Pixel (8 or 16bit) Game. Size of game still being decided. Free to backers of a certain level (level not decided yet - might be at least $60 tier). Will likely be sold later to non-backers.

Holy shit

Why don't they just straight up reveal that shit instead of going about this basement nonsense? They'd likely get them funded in the last stretch faster than you can say Inafune

Istaerion

4 Million:
4.25 Million:
3rd Playable Character

4.5 Million:

1) Did this project really need another mode that sounds only slightly expanded from the Speedrun & Boss Rush Mode? It wouldn't even be a grand departure from the Co-Op Mode aside from the online nature.

2) Sounds genuinely interesting, but I wonder if it's just Gebel or Johannes? Would certainly be nice if it's a surprise character introduced at some point in the story instead of covering the remaining character not slotted for the 2nd playable character.

3) Very, very interesting decision that may or may not have negative ramifications on the overall project and the classic mode stretch goal. I imagine it'll be developed after the fact unless they want even more of a work bloat on their hands. Granted, this is all depending on whether or not this goal is actually met.

4) Considering the scope of some of these new stretch goals and others we've already hit, I'd hate to imagine what they have planned for something that takes so much effort to even unlock.

Eusis

Buys Castlevania IP, includes complete CV collection for all tiers.
This being a new separate IP Dracula is only in there as a gag boss.

EDIT: Dammit, beaten. Well I had more fun with mine.

Well, I went for the $100 tier. Just hoping nothing bad happens since this is my first Kickstarter backing and don't want it to sour my experience.

pezzie

Do you guys think that if I get a GOG digital copy, I'd be able to play multiplayer with friends that get the Steam digital copy?

Thinking of pledging at $125 for a PS4 physical, which will probably be for collecting, and GOG digital to play the game.

Is there any reason not to get this on Wii U over PS4? At a glance it doesn't look like it'll be a terribly demanding game for any of the hardware, unless I'm missing something, and the Wii U version gets additional gamepad functionality? Sounds like a win to me.

Istaerion

Do you guys think that if I get a GOG digital copy, I'd be able to play multiplayer with friends that get the Steam digital copy?

Thinking of pledging at $125 for a PS4 physical, which will probably be for collecting, and GOG digital to play the game.

No idea. The only game I know of that shares interactivity between GOG and Steam is The Witcher Adventure Game, however, that's by CDPR so it was probably developed with that in mind.

On the bright side, there's little reason why this project wouldn't approach the digital platforms the same way.

Is there any reason not to get this on Wii U over PS4? At a glance it doesn't look like it'll be a terribly demanding game for any of the hardware, unless I'm missing something, and the Wii U version gets additional gamepad functionality? Sounds like a win to me.
We have no idea how demanding will be the game, but it'll likely have a decent scope considering it's budget and costing 30 bucks.

Really? How do you figure?

I should have been more clear.

Day one, they said they could neither confirm nor deny a Vita stretch goal in the castle basement. Which, with a wink, confirmed the Vita goal in the basement. But this Kickstarter was always tracking to hit 4m+, and as soon as the tier was actually revealed there was no doubt it would be hit. Funding would have had to stop immediately after the reveal for us, even at half our pace, to not end at at least 3.5m.

4 Million:
4.25 Million:
3rd Playable Character

4.5 Million:

Why don't they reveal all of these to get the ball rolling already!? Keep your super secret Last Stretch Goal but reveal the rest! They'll need all the hype they can muster to get to $4.5 million.

Also, they could've waited a few hours before sending today's update because that's what it'll take for the Vita goal to be reached (only $11k to go considering the $81k from PayPal) and I doubt they'll send two updates in one day.

Astral Dog

well, Xbox ONE/PS4/PC is still going to be the "main" version of the game, developed by Inti Creates, and the game uses UE 4 wich could be a little difficult to realize on lesser systems.

Only if you really like the hardware features, otherwise PS4 might be the safest choice.same goes for Vita,

ZoronMaro

How common is it for kickstarter rewards to end up on ebay or something?

I'm asking cause I really want the artbook, like more than I want the actual game, but I can't really afford that tier right now. I assume the chances of finding one later in the secondhand market is nil right?

Why don't they reveal all of these to get the ball rolling already!? Keep your super secret Last Stretch Goal but reveal the rest! They'll need all the hype they can muster go get to $4.5 million.

Also, they could've waited a few hours before sending today's update because that's what it'll take for the Vita goal to be reached (only $11k to go considering the $81k from PayPal) and I doubt they'll send two updates in one day.

ooooh boy they need to reveal the race mode and the 3rd playable character to get the ball rolling. those 2 sound really awesome.

I'm asking cause I really want the artbook, like more than I want the actual game, but I can't really afford that tier right now. I assume the chances of finding one later in the secondhand market is nil right?

I bet there will be plenty.

Istaerion

I bet there will be plenty.

Plenty available at a very hefty fee. You'd be better off scraping together the funds necessary to guarantee yourself the art book and the extra goodies now rather than be fleeced later on.

Jawmuncher

I gotta let it out. The main character looks like a waitress to me in some of the pics people have been using as avatars.

CGxIvsPUAAAShQ8.png
CGxAO1VWwAAUlTB.png

The second especially because I think she is holding a menu. I know it's odd but it's been bugging the hell out of me. Regardless of that. Still interested in the game and hope it reaches the vita goal.

Chances are you'll end up paying more on eBay than what you can pay for one new now on KS.

If you want one I advice you just back it.

Plenty available at a very hefty fee. You'd be better off scraping together the funds necessary to guarantee yourself the art book and the extra goodies now rather than be fleeced later on.

Zoron, I'll sell you my book at cost if you like. I never intended on keeping my book. I just wanted to fund the project. To be honest, I'm in it for the sweet pin.

ZoronMaro

Chances are you'll end up paying more on eBay than what you can pay for one new now on KS.

If you want one I advice you just back it.

That's kinda my trepidation, but how much more? A good artbook is usually $30-40, and I would think it fair to add a premium, but are we talking like double markup? are there any examples of previous kickstarter exclusive artbooks, or just speculation?

Zoron, I'll sell you my book at cost if you like. I never intended on keeping my book. I just wanted to fund the project. To be honest, I'm in it for the sweet pin.
If you or anyone were cool enough to do that I'd be super thankful.

Also in case it wasn't clear I did back it just to get the digital release, I really don't want any of the other stuff other than the art book, I was hoping they would allow the option to get it as an add-on, but at this point it's not happening.

well, Xbox ONE/PS4/PC is still going to be the "main" version of the game, developed by Inti Creates, and the game uses UE 4 wich could be a little difficult to realize on lesser systems.

Only if you really like the hardware features, otherwise PS4 might be the safest choice.same goes for Vita,

Ah I see.I never thought of it like that, I was just looking at the concept art and thinking that it didn't look too hard to implement on Wii U.

Do we have faith in the crew doing the Wii U version?

Dremark

Banned
Ah I see.I never thought of it like that, I was just looking at the concept art and thinking that it didn't look too hard to implement on Wii U.

Do we have faith in the crew doing the Wii U version?

Armature Studio is doing the port and is known for their skill in porting games particularly to the Vita.

Istaerion

That's kinda my trepidation, but how much more? A good artbook is usually $30-40, and I would think it fair to add a premium, but are we talking like double markup? are there any examples of previous kickstarter exclusive artbooks, or just speculation?

Considering you see Collector's Edition Art Books going for about $60-80 alone from various game titles despite them being largely whatever compared to the real stand-alone Art Book, it wouldn't surprise me to see a double, if not triple, mark up for the Art Book exclusive to this Kickstarter.

eBay is a really terrible place to buy anything for collector's purposes unless you're loaded and willing to pay just about anything.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The podcast is really worth a listen regarding stretch goals.

Also worth a listen if you want to hear me give my elevator pitch on what Playism is with hilarious background music.

Top Bottom