• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

Crocodile

See you fuckers in 2017

tumblr_m5jsjeoxCh1qj2bpio1_500.gif

OmegaDL50

I can't believe I upped my pledge to the $100 tier. I hope this is worth it.

Most I ever spent on a single video game not including DLC.

Demoskinos

Man, they could have funded this thing without a publisher. I really hope they get that publisher scratch on top of this kickstarter money and can really bang out a game that will be a must play for this generation. Will buy for PS4/PS Vita. :)

chrono01

I was thiiiiiis close to up-pledging to $300, despite not being comfortable in the funds just yet. Thankfully, I resisted. I'll definitely upgrading my pledge when it becomes available, though. I need that signed collectors box.

Also, great work everyone. Incredible accomplishment we have here.

jett

D-Member
What an awesome success for IGA.

Average backing is ~$85.

That's noticeable higher than Torment, MN9 and PoE.

The minimum price of entry was higher than usual, and you had to pledge $60 to get the "backer content", so yeah. I guess that's the trick now, no more $15/$20 KS projects. :p

chrono01

Weaksauce. I am disappoint.
Hey, I'm still going to do it! Just not right now. ;_;

Honestly, if the CDN dollar wasn't as bad as it is, I would have had no problem doing it. The USD --> CDN conversion doesn't help things. Ironically, if it were YEN --> CDN it would be so much better, seeing as to how the weak YEN kind of balances out our weak CDN dollar.

Foffy

Banned
And here I legit thought that they wouldn't even be able to make their original goal.

They amassed more money than what Deep Silver is spending on the game. Wow.

I was thiiiiiis close to up-pledging to $300, despite not being comfortable in the funds just yet. Thankfully, I resisted. I'll definitely upgrading my pledge when it becomes available, though. I need that signed collectors box.

Also, great work everyone. Incredible accomplishment we have here.

Kinda had the same problem. Could only afford 60 for now. Might up it later if I can.
I'll see how things go.

I think more then anything, it was the constant updates, and the 'backer achievements' that did it. That got a ton of word out, and that translated into people opening their wallets.

I noticed that Bards Tale just started their own achievements as well. Still surprised that one hasn't hit funded status yet.

Erekiddo

Backed at $60 up until a few days ago.

Cancelled.

Backed again at $28.

With 3 minutes to spare, backed at $60 again.

I came to my senses.

The next big question: How long will they need to create this monster of a game?

2 years isn't unreasonable, cause Inti's been able to deliver new games in short time frames before.

But UE4 is likely new tech for a lot of them, there are a lot of release platforms, the stretch goals seem like scope creep to me, and this is a brand new game rather than simple sequel work so could take a while longer.

Eusis

And here I legit thought that they wouldn't even be able to make their original goal.

They amassed more money than what Deep Silver is spending on the game. Wow.
I had complete faith they'd hit the original goal, just based on how similar Kickstarters went down in the past. Castlevania's definitely been more like Mega Man or Torment in regards to vocal fanbases than Ultima Underworld or Quest for Glory, and their spiritual successors still got funded.

No way did I expect it to hit $5.5 million though, figured it'd end at around MN9's level.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I think more then anything, it was the constant updates, and the 'backer achievements' that did it. That got a ton of word out, and that translated into people opening their wallets.

I noticed that Bards Tale just started their own achievements as well. Still surprised that one hasn't hit funded status yet.

yes please let us all move along to the Bards Tale now okay guys thanks.

But really IGA is a likeable guy and they had a bunch of livestreams so it is real easy to spend more on this campaign than others. I mean he got put in mobile hell and has had to deal with Konami for 10+ years.

Kumubou

Crazy campaign... and now the wait. I wonder how long into development they roll the beta out, though.

I just got home from work and getting paid so I had enough money to back this and when I got the page loaded there were 100 seconds left and I couldn't put my CC info in fast enough and it rejected me.

I want to die.

If I back via Paypal will I still get the KS-exclusive weapons? Please say yes.
They're still taking pledges through PayPal -- $28 to $500. So anything $60 and up will get you the KS-exclusive stuff.

The minimum price of entry was higher than usual, and you had to pledge $60 to get the "backer content", so yeah. I guess that's the trick now, no more $15/$20 KS projects. :p
I always thought some of the bigger gaming Kickstarters underpriced their baseline tiers, and this pretty much affirms that.

I

I think a lot of people are pretty played out on inXile lately, I mean I funded both Wasteland 2 and Torment, I think I've given them enough money. Also Bard's Tale isn't nearly as recognizable a name as the previous two title they put on KS, that probably hurts them as well.

What an awesome success for IGA.

Wait, so if you only pledged 28 dollars you don't get access to any of the extra features? Like multiplayer, or the rogue dungeon etc. etc.

Top Bottom