• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

chrono01

Son of a bitch, I never completed my survey because I meant upgrade from the $125 tier to the Boxed $250 tier! I screwed myself out if the demo. :(
:(

Even if you fill the survey out, you can always go back and change it (until they lock everything down). I know, too late for that now though.

Shy

JUST GOT MY KEY. DOWNLOADING NOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
VsOQ0Mq.gif

Sevyne

The e-mail they sent out clearly states that it will be sent by e-mail.
"You'll be receiving your key at the e-mail you used to back the Kickstarter. "

Yeah, I know. That's why I was trying to send you to the fangamer link, because that line is gonna confuse people looking for it when you can get it now. They'll probably send emails later, but my excitement got a hold of me.

Noogy

Just received my key.... and the game is displaying cropped inside a window. Wonder if it doesn't like my dual monitor setup. Shame, was hoping to try it tonight (KS'ed at weapon tier).

My gaming PC is packed up due to a move, so I get to try this on a laptop that is definitely not at the specs they're asking for. Wish me luck!

OmegaDL50

Demo is awesome. Controls feel like Symphony of the Night.

Hopefully I can change the dash button to Triangle and make the magic attack L1 or R1. I'm used to using Triangle to Dash like in SOTN.

My only gripe is I couldn't set the game to 1920x1080 fullscreen.

To think this is an early work in progress build.

I cannot wait to see what the finished end result will be like.

This is excellent. I am very pleased so far.

Vitacat

Got my key.

Sadly all I own right now is a Surface Pro 3. Don't think it will run well. But eh, I'll try anyway just for kicks. Thinking of buying a proper gaming PC later this year.

OmegaDL50

Another thing I noticed about the Demo.

My firewall brought up an alert when I loaded the game. Hopefully this doesn't mean the Demo requires networking access to work. I'd like to continue to play this demo without any sort of timed trial and just go back to it every now and then to abide my hype for the finished game.

Oh, title screen music is outstanding. Think I'll do a stereo mix record and make an MP3 of that later...if the source folder doesn't have the music at least.

Iga really exceeded my expectations.

Toki767

Just finished as well.

This feels like it could be a great Castlevania game. Movement feels really good and I like how you can aim your spell with the right stick.

The boss did seem way too easy though. Attack patterns were really simple and it didn't do a whole lot more than just stand there for the majority.

OmegaDL50

Music folder seems to have some container file with awb and acb extension.

Looks like I'm going have to make an mp3 of the title screen by doing a stereo mix record.

I guess someone is familiar with these formats and be able to get the music by other means.

Vitacat

OK, just played for 5 minutes on my Surface at crappy frame rates, but it's gorgeous.

LOVE IT. Looks and feels just amazing IMO.

bigkrev

Super shitty frame rate for me, especially in the outdoor section with the rain. Borderline unplayable to me.

I'm running a i5-4670 and GTX 770, so I have no idea what the issue is. I booted up a modern game (Resident Evil HD) and it ran fine, so I have no idea what the issue is

Top Bottom