• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

Shouta

That sounds great, what do you have in mind?

Well Shouta backed the Kickstarter at the tier where he gets to design a weapon. So I think he's saying he'd give his weapon a movement ability.

Kung fu rollerskates

This actually is a pretty good sequence of posts, lol.

It's definitely not gonna just be a simple speed boost. I want it to be something that requires interacting with the enemies or something to move faster. Kung-fu rollerskates would be an amusing idea though, kicking off enemies for a speed boost after you stun them with a kick or something, lol.

If it's not gonna be a speed boost skill, it has to be something that really changes her play style if possible

It's definitely not gonna just be a simple speed boost. I want it to be something that requires interacting with the enemies or something to move faster. Kung-fu rollerskates would be an amusing idea though, kicking off enemies for a speed boost after you stun them with a kick or something, lol.

If it's not gonna be a speed boost skill, it has to be something that really changes her play style if possible

It's simple.

Your weapon will allow her to:

Divekick

Ahasverus

Looks like Ecclesia, like it's just in the edge of self-plagiarism. IGA gonna IGA I guess. But it's not like I'm getting these kind of games from anyone else so feed me senpai.

chrono01

Put in Mighty No. 9's dash mechanic! Each enemy you damage and then dash through, increases your speed by a certain percentage. The higher your combo, the faster you go!

...Actually, on second thought, please don't do that. I beg of you. We have enough Mighty No. 9 in this world.

Foffy

Banned
Looks like Ecclesia, like it's just in the edge of self-plagiarism. IGA gonna IGA I guess. But it's not like I'm getting these kind of games from anyone else so feed me senpai.

At least this game the ship has context.

In Ecclesia, you traveled twerked up waters to get to a lighthouse, IIRC. The ship was a background element.

In Bloodstained, you are on the Galleon Minerva to reach Gebel's castle, for it's surrounded by water. In fact, it gets deeper;
Vepar, the boss of that demo, is a demon who can conjure up storms, and is very likely the 'host' that starts filling the Galleon with demons.

It's already much deeper than what IGA's typically done with Castlevania games, but I guess that's what he has to do as he doesn't have 30 years of games to work with as the base.

Shy

Wait, what? Signed Amano print what? I didn't hear about this. I'm a weapon backer too...
K54ZlkN.gif

I wonder how hard the game will be
If only there were some kind of demo, so we could tell. 😜

Please don't think i'm moaning, i'm just teasing and happy to wait.

Shouta

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/description

If I'm reading this correctly, you get the signed print if you backed at the $800 tier, but people who backed the weapon tier only get what's at the $750 tier or below. I don't think Shouta and I will be getting a signed print?

The images say we do. We might not get the signed collector's box (is that a thing?) but the signed poster is listed there for everyone above that tier.

Here's a conspiracy straight from my ass:

The demo codes are ready to go since last week but they're purposely delaying them for a few days (weeks?) because of Mighty No 9.

MN9 and BS share the same developer (Inti Creates) and agent (Ben Judd). To release the demo of Bloodstained now would be a tremendous disservice to Inafune's game. MN9 is going through some rough times to say the least. and it would only hurt things more when the, apparently, well received BS demo releases in the same week as the other Inti Creates game is being lambasted by fans and critics alike.

I mean the comparisons are already happening as it is but having a BS demo on the same week as the badly received MN9 launches is not a smart business decision.

At least that's how I see it, ergo I predict that Koji Igarashi's E3 demo will launch until next week at the very earliest.

Amirnol

Wish I had backed this because the game seems great and I'd love to play the demo again without the pressure of having 10 people waiting behind me at E3! As a big fan of SotN I really, really enjoyed the demo. Super fluid, controls felt great, art is mostly excellent. Can't wait for this one now!

Only issue I see with movement skills is it changes how platforming could work, which could allow for various sequence breaks by getting places you are not normally able to get. A boon for speedrunners, but a problem for play testers.

Also, you could look at what the likes of figure skaters do, with various spins and such. Could equate to 360 attacks, dodges, etc, that get more powerful as you level of the skates.

RedZaraki

Banned
I haven't decided yet. No guidelines have come up and probably won't until later into development so I'm just stewing on it. I'd definitely love something that could be either make for more interesting combat or something so you don't have to backdash your way through a speed run, lol.

ukC67mj.gif

Just make it like flaming tonfa. Or some crazy chain-sickle thing.

Edit: Hold the chain-sickle button to tether on to enemies. After tethered pull back to pull them to you (can't on big enemies), push forward to yank yourself to them. Something like that.

Skulldead

The demo codes are ready to go since last week but they're purposely delaying them for a few days (weeks?) because of Mighty No 9.

MN9 and BS share the same developer (Inti Creates) and agent (Ben Judd). To release the demo of Bloodstained now would be a tremendous disservice to Inafune's game. MN9 is going through some rough times to say the least. and it would only hurt things more when the, apparently, well received BS demo releases in the same week as the other Inti Creates game is being lambasted by fans and critics alike.

I mean the comparisons are already happening as it is but having a BS demo on the same week as the badly received MN9 launches is not a smart business decision.

At least that's how I see it, ergo I predict that Koji Igarashi's E3 demo will launch until next week at the very earliest.

I think the same thing.... but release the bloodstayne demo could at least remove a little the spotlight on MN9, i could help them... no ?

I think the same thing.... but release the bloodstayne demo could at least remove a little the spotlight on MN9, i could help them... no ?

Maybe but you'd still want to sell as many copies as possible and any publicity is better than no publicity at all. I did say I pulled it out of my ass, though.

I also forgot to mention that both MN9 and Bloodstained allegedly share publishers (Deep Silver). Its long been rumored but not yet confirmed that these guys are contributing on Iga's game as well.

Crocodile

Or we could apply Occam's Razor and figure it takes a lot of time to set up, coordinate and send out demos to 30k+ people and they only really got into the office to do anything yesterday.

So basically Mighty No 9 is so bad it's making other games worse.

MN9 is actively making this game better - Inticreates has clearly learned from the experience. More & better communication, more opportunities for real feedback, fewer ports in-house, staggered content release, etc. Any number of those things would have helped the development and reception of MN9 and the fact that they are doing all those things with Bloodstained means the game has a much higher chance of turning out well.

So basically Mighty No 9 is so bad it's making other games worse.

More like MN9 is so bad its making other games' demos get delayed.

Tales from my ass, tho.

Or MN9 is actively making this game better - Inticreates has clearly learned from the experience. More & better communication, more opportunities for real feedback, fewer ports in-house, staggered content release, etc. Any number of those things would have helped the development and reception of MN9 and the fact that they are doing all those things with Bloodstained means the game has a much higher chance of turning out well.

Also: this.

Thoraxes

What happened to that demo anyway? I thought it was supposed to come out for backers during E3.

"We plan to start distributing it during the show or shortly afterward."

I guess my definition of shortly after would be about this Saturday at the latest, given how nuts E3 must be for those who attend to show off their products.

"We plan to start distributing it during the show or shortly afterward."

I guess my definition of shortly after would be about this Saturday at the latest, given how nuts E3 must be for those who attend to show off their products.

I wouldn't mind waiting till Saturday. I also suspect that the Mighty No 9 launch is keeping Inti Creates busy as well, even though I know it's probably a different team.

OmegaDL50

People have suggested a GAF logo chakram already, right?

Yup that was my contribution.

Although considering the range of Miriam's Kick, The Chakram in Close-Range mode might need to compensate somehow, unless it's like the Tonfa or Fist Weapons from SOTN. which are very fast and get 5 hits in in the time 3 or 4 sword swings could be made. Unless the twin dagger mode has a shredding effect like the Valmanway / Crissaegrim (Let's not make too broken though)

Throwing mode the weapon would probably need be balanced. Either it be a consumable projectile weapon. Or use a lot of MP per use at the cost of being able to keep it instead of being consumable.

You can see the concept here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167658189&postcount=234

There will be a stream this Saturday too

Romscout, who was a big part of IGA's E3 Twitch stream, will be playing and talking about the demo this Saturday, at 6PM PDT on his own Twitch channel. He's one of the best Igavania streamers out there, so in addition to doing some preliminary runs he'll be talking about the key game mechanics and how they compare to previous IGA titles.

Top Bottom