• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima on a new project confirmed? And partnership with Sony?

Toots

Gold Member
PS: Hermen Hulst liked the tweet

facts-with-fiona-fake-1591111352330.jpg

Look at me i'm working

Godot25

Banned
The source of that rumor was Jeff Grubb so take that with a pinch of salt.
Even Matt from Reeeeee said that Kojima is talking with Microsoft. And I find it hard to believe that first stop after Death Stranding was not Sony. And fact that he is talking to Microsoft is indirect proof that Sony refused to fund his next project.

Varteras

Gold Member
Even Matt from Reeeeee said that Kojima is talking with Microsoft. And I find it hard to believe that first stop after Death Stranding was not Sony. And fact that he is talking to Microsoft is indirect proof that Sony refused to fund his next project.
I'll give Matt more credit than Grubb regardless.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
We certainly did need these tweets to know that Kojima has has not been on a sabbatical in Okinawa since the release of Death Stranding. 😂

• LOL
Reactions: LMJ

yurinka

Who is Matt from Reeeeee? Btw, Death Stranding is a Sony game. But Sony allowed Kojima to release it on PC with another publisher.

Kojima could talk with MS or even to develop a game to be published by MS at the same time he develops a game to be published by Sony. As far as we know this 'Sony rejected a Kojima game' and 'MS will publish the next Kojima game' can both be fake rumors, like the already debunked ones saying the next Kojima game was going to be for Stadia or that he was working on Silent Hill.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Did Phil Spencer like the tweet?

Some site is going to write a full article because Sony's logo is in the background.
If by full article you mean 3 paragraphs of superficial information about Kojima with a click bait title, then yeah it is likely.

He's t-shirt is from the movie "The Holy Mountain" (1973)

pic
imdb
Thank you, I thought this was more interesting and likely related to his next project than anything else in the photo.

reforen

I've read that Sony was not happy with KojiPro due to the sales numbers of Death Stranding, is it true? Also if Kojima show something of his new project maybe will be on 2023 or something

matty3092

I would love a new MGS by kojima just like everyone else but the man has been making MGS games for decades I'd say he's earned his rest.

Bro there's a Sony logo in the image in the tweet. LOL he's not working with MS.

Top Bottom