• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Studios and Kojima Announce Tatical Espionage New IP

b169961c907afd8f47f68bdfd11fcc1f_w200.gif

Can't fucking wait

Saber

Gold Member
Hey as long it doesn't have interference or dirty touch from Sony, I'm pretty happy for him. Can't wait to see what he is producing.

ungalo

Very big news.

Death Stranding 2 looks crazy but i know it's not for me, so the fact he's going to make another MGS-like game but an entirely new IP is perfect for me. Best surprise for a long time.

Midn1ght

FININT
Financial intelligence (FININT) is the gathering of information about the financial affairs of entities of interest, to understand their nature and capabilities, and predict their intentions. Generally the term applies in the context of law enforcement and related activities. One of the main purposes of financial intelligence is to identify financial transactions that may involve tax evasion, money laundering or some other criminal activity. FININT may also be involved in identifying financing of criminal and terrorist organisations.

Brace yourself, Kojima's about to predict the collapse of modern society.

sig-4278900.kojimaprophet.jpg

Naked Lunch

The guy spent most of his life developing espionage games.
I was hoping with him leaving Konami - he would work on all new genres and ideas till he retired.
Now hes going right back to retread?
The dude isnt getting any younger.
Even as a huge MGS fan, not a fan of this news.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
"It's an interactive game but also a movie at the same time"

So he's making 2 interactive movie-like games after Death Stranding 2. That's his new shtick ?
You a fan?

If this is a new generation Snatcher then he can make it as cinematic and crazy as he wants. How many games even excite people these days from guys like Kojima?

This one could hit all the right cords and the the new proper MGS or whatever espionage game of the future.

And let it be very clear, Kojima hasn't hit the right note with me since MGS4 and Peace Walker. I'm no advocate or ardant defender. This new DS looks legit crazy good in a crazy way and new espionage from him is instant interest.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

"It's an interactive game but also a movie at the same time"

So he's making 2 interactive movie-like games after Death Stranding 2. That's his new shtick ?
These are the same words I use in OD for Xbox. Including "it's something I've always wanted to do and it's going to redraw the boundaries between gaming and film" and "it'll be made with a group of geniuses I call Avenger."

Cloud tecnologie will be used surely also....

I don't know what it will be, we are talking about 2030-32. But the coincidence in words is still curious. I don't know, maybe a project more focused on horror and another on espionage??

Last edited:

Camreezie

He should release his other projects or at least give release dates before announcing more with vague to no info

Bartski

Gold Member

Water Fail GIF

The acronym "PHYSINT" typically stands for "Physical Intelligence." In various contexts, it might be associated with different meanings. Here are a couple of possible associations:
  1. Military and Security: In military and security contexts, PHYSINT might refer to Physical Intelligence, which involves the collection and analysis of information related to physical elements, such as infrastructure, terrain, or the characteristics of physical objects. It can be a part of intelligence gathering to support military or security operations.
  2. Technology and Cybersecurity: PHYSINT can also be associated with the field of technology and cybersecurity. In this context, it might refer to Physical Intrusion, a term used to describe unauthorized physical access to secure areas, facilities, or systems. It involves assessing and preventing physical threats to information systems.

The connection between PHYSINT (Physical Intelligence) and tactical espionage lies in the utilization of physical information and characteristics to support espionage activities. Here are some points of connection:
  1. Surveillance and Reconnaissance: PHYSINT plays a crucial role in surveillance and reconnaissance activities. In tactical espionage, operatives may use physical intelligence to gather information about the layout of buildings, locations of security systems, and other relevant physical details to plan and execute covert operations.
  2. Infiltration and Access: Tactical espionage often involves gaining physical access to secure locations. PHYSINT can aid in understanding the physical security measures in place, identifying vulnerabilities, and devising strategies to infiltrate or bypass them without detection.
  3. Asset Identification: PHYSINT can be employed to identify and track specific physical assets of interest. This may include monitoring the movements of individuals, tracking the transportation of sensitive materials, or understanding the physical infrastructure of targeted facilities.
  4. Physical Security Analysis: Espionage operatives may use PHYSINT to analyze and exploit weaknesses in physical security measures. This could involve assessing the effectiveness of barriers, surveillance cameras, access control systems, and other physical defenses.
  5. Covert Communication: Physical intelligence can be used in the development of covert communication methods. Understanding the physical environment helps operatives establish secure communication channels while avoiding detection.
It's important to note that these connections are based on the general principles of espionage and security. The specifics may vary depending on the context, mission objectives, and the nature of the intelligence being sought.

Last edited:
Top Bottom