• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Studios and Kojima Announce Tatical Espionage New IP

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
While true, I think it's important to keep in mind that Kojima often takes several lead roles in these projects. DS2, OD, and now PHYSINT.

I just find that level of drive impressive considering how long he's been doing this for, and how time-consuming and stressful game development can be.
I think most people would've burned out or retired by that point.

Don't bother man, that was just the usual Console warz jab, just look at the dude's last posts/post history and...yeah

I'd like to know where he stands regarding the next perfect dark, Everwild , the Indiana Jones game and Fable which were shown aeons after being announced.

See ? It's easy throwing jabs and concern troll 😉

They really came out of the woodwork today, there's a guy that mentioned that the lighting (of all things) in DS2 looks "PS4 level", I mean, shit writes by itself.
Apparently, Console warz = serious business

Last edited:

Kumomeme

plot twist :

it gonna be directed by this guy

bandaged-Joakim-Mogren-talks-Phantom-Pain-in-new-interview-2.jpg

I’d pay good money to hear JCVD speak some of Kojimas dialogue

Cast him Hideo , make it a dark comedy with Steven Seagal as the bad guy

Holammer

Jesus dude don't jinx it.

Kojima already has ds2 and OD to sniff his own farts for a couple of years, let this be a classic game.
Kojima's been high off his own supply of farts since MGS4.
It happened earlier, but the mask was off with that one. When the gameplay/cutscene ratio went tits up and it was obvious he fancied himself an auteur film director rather than a game developer.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Loved MGS 1 through 4 ... hated 5 and couldn't pass the 2 hour mark in
DS obviously DS2 is not for me ... I can only hope this time around I get to play and like again another Kojima game

DeNoro

Neo Member
Weirdest thing to annouce this. First, Sony says that it will stop announcing games too early... Now, they are announcing a game that is not even in production yet. So, we know very little of what the first party studios are working on, but we know that Kojima will start producing a new IP after 2025. Right...

Hulst needed his own announcement of intent. It's such a tease; these Kojima games are so far from release.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

So the studios either give me 2 vibes. Either it's full on cross media...

Or he is digging up some super old license from like the 60s the man from U.N.C.L.E type of thing.

All you kojumbo fans that dissect every Instagram pic and tweet. Are there any really old TV shows he posts about spies

Although espionage could be anything really

Gaelyon

Gold Member
"I've written a solid story about tactical espionnage with an engineered genetic super soldier and advanced gear. And there will be a codec."

Konami : :messenger_pouting:

Everyone else : :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Why announce a game 3-4 years before its release?
This is how partnerships are usually announced.

Kojima and Microsoft announced their partnership in 2022. It has already been 2 years. And the game isn't releasing anytime soon.
Kojima and Death Stranding partnership was also announced in 2015. The game (Death Stranding) launched in 2019.

John Wick

So is it going to both a movie and game combined or does he mean there will be a game and movie being made in parallel and released together.

Embearded

That's optimistic. Aren't they planning to start on this when Death Stranding 2 is released? So next year?
3-4 years?
I'd say 2030 best case scenario.
They will start production after DS2 releases and thst can be as far as 1.5 years from now.
Then with a 5 year dev cycle, you got 2030.

I believe we'll see the first trailer around 2027.

Top Bottom