• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima to casual gamers - Do you want Zone of Enders 3?

Threi said:
since I am in a curious mood, to the people who posted specific platforms in this thread: Would ZoE3 being a PC exclusive be an ideal platform choice for the next installment?

It wouldn't be ideal, but i'd still get it. Anything other than the PS3, 360 or PC and I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

pswii60

To Kojima:

No, I don't want ZOE3.

Edge got it right IMO with the 4/10 review for ZOE2. The first was useful for the MGS2 demo though.

Grayman

I thought the point of this was to ask your casual friends, who do not hear the podcast, and post what they said on the blog, that they do not know about.

Threi

notag
SolidSnakex said:
Because I wouldn't be sure just how well my computer could run it.
so ideal in your view is not the technical achievements of the game, but what you can actually play it on.

gotcha.

Green Biker Dude said:
If it's on the Wii, ban Threi.
D=

ShortBus

Seriously, if Kojima is going for the Casual market now, I don't want a damn thing from him.
You had a good run,Kojitard.

Threi said:
so ideal in your view is not the technical achievements of the game, but what you can actually play it on.

Where'd you get that from? I already said I wouldn't have a problem with it being on the PC, and the biggest reason is because it would be technically advanced.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Bluemercury said:
Wow, the graphic whoreness continues.....
Come on, graphic whoreness has nothing to do with this thread.
There aren't many graphic whores on GAF. If there were any, they would all be asking for the biggest games to come out on PC only.

Threi

notag
SolidSnakex said:
Where'd you get that from? I already said I wouldn't have a problem with it being on the PC, and the biggest reason is because it would be technically advanced.
You said it wouldn't be ideal though. Good is one thing, ideal is another.

Jocchan said:
Come on, graphic whoreness has nothing to do with this thread.
There aren't many graphic whores on GAF. If there were any, they would be asking for all games to come out on PC only.

Well you're right but you see these kind of graphic whore's probably dont have the money to buy a top of the line pc, so they pretend it doesnt exist......still.....i sure hope its coming for the wii......

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Bluemercury said:
Well you're right but you see these kind of graphic whore's probably dont have the money to buy a top of the line pc, so they pretend it doesnt exist......
Then it's not graphic whoreness, it's called brand fidelity :p

ArjanN

U K Narayan said:
No, I want a Snatcher remake.

Why? It's been re-made like 3 times already. I'd like a sequel in the same vein as Snatcher/Policenauts though. (by the way, Policenauts fan translation: 5 bugs until beta)

Barakov said:
Weird that they're asking the casuals. Wherever they release it I'll pick it up. Unless it's on iphone. If that happens then I'll just rage about it and then move on.

Well, obviously they're not really asking the casuals. Casual gamers won't even see their question. They want to know if it would sell enough copies, and for that you need more than just the hardcore crowd. IMO they're just fishing to see how much buzz this generates.

Grayman said:
I thought the point of this was to ask your casual friends, who do not hear the podcast, and post what they said on the blog, that they do not know about.

So they can give their opinion on a sequel to a game series they're never even heard of! Brilliant!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ArjanN said:
So they can give their opinion on a sequel to a game series they're never even heard of! Brilliant!
It would be an awesome training to turn them into GAFfers. Kojima is a genius :D

Threi said:
You said it wouldn't be ideal though. Good is one thing, ideal is another.

Because it wouldn't be my first choice but I still wouldn't have a problem with it being on the PC. I'd actually prefer it to be a PS3/360/PC game if it were to happen. That should give it a big enough potential fanbase.

jett

D-Member
Kojitard should release ZOE2-HD on PSN as a test, or maybe just for the lulz. Game still looks pretty hawt. As-is in HD resolutions would still be crazy.

anubis_800_600_no18.jpg

anubis_800_600_no20.jpg

Threi

notag
SolidSnakex said:
Because it wouldn't be my first choice but I still wouldn't have a problem with it being on the PC. I'd actually prefer it to be a PS3/360/PC game if it were to happen. That should give it a big enough potential fanbase.
how about PS3/360/PC/Wii/DS/PSP/iPhone game? You would get a pretty big fucking fanbase if you cover all your bases :)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Threi said:
since I am in a curious mood, to the people who posted specific platforms in this thread: Would ZoE3 being a PC exclusive be an ideal platform choice for the next installment?

The PC is the ideal platform anything. Putting that aside, sure, why not? That way my face would melt like that Nazi dude from Raiders of the Lost Ark everytime it booted up. Get a western dev to work with so you could have supreme multiplayer without Konami Japan fucking it up and we're good. :D

Bluemercury said:
Well you're right but you see these kind of graphic whore's probably dont have the money to buy a top of the line pc, so they pretend it doesnt exist......still.....i sure hope its coming for the wii......

Oh please, you don't need even need a top of the line PC to beat the specs out of a 360 or PS3 let alone the Wii.

We already have ~$120 graphic cards that best the 360/PS3.

If Kojima really wants to capitalize on the current gen market, he should have it on all platforms.

PS3/Xbox360/PC version could be called Enders of War and focus on the story of Nathan Balding, young space marine who now pilots Jehuty-Wraith, a modified Jehuty with only long range weapons. Jehuty-Wraith has to inteverne in World War Space 2 to defeat Anubis-Prowler.

On the Wii/DS, you could have Zonez, a minigame collection where you get to:
- Pretend you're ADA and instruct a dumbass on how to play the game
- Play hide and seek with L.E.V.s on containers
- Waggle to charge the Vector Cannon
- Rub Ken's tits
And much more for only 39.99.

Threi

notag
Kintaro said:
The PC is the ideal platform anything. Putting that aside, sure, why not? That way my face would melt like that Nazi dude from Raiders of the Lost Ark everytime it booted up. Get a western dev to work with so you could have supreme multiplayer without Konami Japan fucking it up and we're good. :D
Absolutely. I am trying to get a proper response as to why the game should be compromised to fit on PS3 and 360 specifically.

There is indeed a proper response, but everyone opts for simple statements that in retrospect are completely hypocritical due to the platforms currently available. I keep bringing it up though because people keep doing it :(

Durante

Threi said:
Of course. PC is the ideal platform of coice for every single game. If you really want to you can even use the wiimote with it or have people blowing into their microphones or capture their movement on webcams or have them play with a gamepad or whatever. Or all at the same time. At 60 FPS and 1920*1200 with AA. And 16x AF. And friggin triple-buffered vsync.

No, I'm not joking.

Green Biker Dude said:
If Kojima really wants to capitalize on the current gen market, he should have it on all platforms.

PS3/Xbox360/PC version could be called Enders of War and focus on the story of Nathan Balding, young space marine who now pilots Jehuty-Wraith, a modified Jehuty with only long range weapons. Jehuty-Wraith has to inteverne in World War Space 2 to defeat Anubis-Prowler.

- Rub Ken's tits

I like the way you think.

John_B

This generation has japanese developers mindboggled.

Is there really a point to make it for casuals? This game could never be altered to reach the fit/band/party crowd anyways. There would be close to zero franchise recognition in the Wii base, and dumping it down would only turn away the only potential customers.

I think that either Kojima has come up with a new franchise that would push ZOE out of the big production cycle, or Kojima is really set on doing something awesome for the Wii but has failed to come up with a new Wii franchise.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Oh please, you don't need even need a top of the line PC to beat the specs out of a 360 or PS3 let alone the Wii.

We already have ~$120 graphic cards that best the 360/PS3.

Well, then whats the excuse....?:lol I guess its really brand loyalty....still im wainting for my GTX m260 1GDDR5 for my clevo laptop:.....:p

Green Biker Dude said:
- Rub Ken's tits
Will buy for my Wii.

FtsH

Dear Kojima, you don't need to force yourself to be Miyamoto. There are enough fans following you and your games. Just keep up with your previous standard for ZOE3 and it will sell!

BTW, same notice to MS: don't try so hard to act as a lolicon in JP. It won't save you. Be yourself, stupid!

John_B said:
This generation has japanese developers mindboggled.

Is there really a point to make it for casuals? This game could never be altered to reach the fit/band/party crowd anyways. There would be close to zero franchise recognition in the Wii base, and dumping it down would only turn away the only potential customers.

I think that either Kojima has come up with a new franchise that would push ZOE out of the big production cycle, or Kojima is really set on doing something awesome for the Wii but has failed to come up with a new Wii franchise.

Well, i sure would like to see decent developers actually trying with the wii interface, thats the main realson i would like to see it on the wii.....

Opiate

Jocchan said:
Then it's not graphic whoreness, it's called brand fidelity :p

Seriously. A couple people in here are being reasonable (Kintaro, for example), but for the most part, this makes me very upset.

You claim to be concerned with the technology behind the game, but you hope for the PS3 -- which is now three year old technology.

Then this isn't about technology: you're just console fanboys.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Shouldn't it be, "hardcore gamers, do you want ZoE3?" Cause we failed with ZoE2.

And Kojima doesn't direct ZoE, so does it really have anything to do with him?

I'd like the game a lot. ZoE2 was really quite a step up from ZoE1, and though it started a bit slow, once you got the zero shift maneuver thing the game was so awesome. Actually, it was awesome starting with the Vic Viper fight.

I want a ZOE3. I want it on the Wii.

I'm not kidding. I love the Wii and enjoy the games it has. I have an HDTV but I don't really care if it's there or not.

BigBoss

Y2Kev said:
Shouldn't it be, "hardcore gamers, do you want ZoE3?" Cause we failed with ZoE2.

And Kojima doesn't direct ZoE, so does it really have anything to do with him?

Kojima is the producer of the ZOE series and the head of Kojima Productions so he decides which games are made.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Then forget it. Greenlighting something like ZoE3 is basically asking to lose autonomy. Kojima won't Clover himself.

as if konami would ever greenlight another Z.O.E.

at best it will be featured in a SRW game, but it doesn't really matter since those never leave japan

Top Bottom