• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami bringing Suikoden 1 & 2 PSone to PSN and VITA. #isthisreallife #basedkonami

krossj

With the EU blog not reporting it doesn't look like it will be getting released here anywhere near as soon or if at all..

pahamrick

No chance this is the PSP version of I and II. I don't see Konami putting in that sort of effort, it's just going to be the original PSX versions made downloadable directly on Vita.

Will grab Suikoden II before the end of the year, it'll be my first time playing it.

Murdamonk

Finally!! I have been waiting forever for this announcement.... I can die in peace now...

I have been regretting since i have sold by copy of Suikoden 2 back then..

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
yaaaas, always wanted to play 2.

V was amazing, and I used to own 1 which was pretty good, but sad I missed out on 2.

Holding onto hope they release a bundle of 1&2 on a Vita cartridge as well, not a fan of digital tbh

suikoden-2-luca-blight.JPG

So happy

MilesTeg

Banned
Next week too right? Sweet deal, I already got some funds in my wallet. Will download and play for first time in many, many years.

Meneses

I was checking my US account and it says Suikoden is not downloadable on the Vita.

Was Suikoden one of those games that needed to be copied through a PS3?

Rocky

Banned
You can't play PS1 games on PS4.

At least you can't right now. But there is still plenty of time left in the PSX conference.

I was checking my US account and it says Suikoden is not downloadable on the Vita.

Was Suikoden one of those games that needed to be copied through a PS3?

Yes, use the copy from PS3 technique. I have it on my Vita this way.

Not just Yuichi, but I and many others (particularly the digital software team) have been working for years to get this up and it is incredibly relieving to finally have the single most requested game in Konami's library available to fans old and new. I even called out those that joined us for the journey in our PSBlog post (on phone right now). Can't wait to talk to you all about what you think of it in the months to come as I replay them on my own Vita.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Seems like no EU for now :(. PS EU blog doesn't list it on the PSX announcements.

Yea they seem to have completely ignored it, which means we aren't getting it, god dammit, I just want to play Suikoden, is that to much to ask?

aEpMa1F.png

Seems like there might be a chance. I tweeted them that I would prefer the English US version. The German one is a mess.

They created the whole "US Imports" section of the store for PS1 classics so they could just throw over the US versions of games into European stores, I really don't see why they can't continue doing that for all the PS1 titles that we are missing.

Not just Yuichi, but I and many others (particularly the digital software team) have been working for years to get this up and it is incredibly relieving to finally have the single most requested game in Konami's library available to fans old and new. I even called out those that joined us for the journey in our PSBlog post (on phone right now). Can't wait to talk to you all about what you think of it in the months to come as I replay them on my own Vita.
Awesome news. Did you guys fix what was holding it back? Or was it more a legal thing?

Also, please start releasing TG16 games on 3DS VC. :-\

Awesome news. Did you guys "fix" what was holding it back? Or was it more a legal thing?

Also, please start releasing TG16 games on 3DS VC. :-

Basically. A lot of dragging feet across the pond, but in particular a new hire from the last few months has been key to making it happen.

The same dude whose job it will be to get those other titles out on other platforms, so let's show Japan that there is a real thirst in N/S America for these legacy titles with S2.

Top Bottom