• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Wii Megaton: DDR: Hottest Party

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looks like it's running on an upgraded version of the DDR with Mario engine from the video.

This game definitely sells me on a Wii (My interests in Wii just went up by 1000X). I'm too big of a DDR fan to ever pass this up (I'm also a DDR Club member at my college). It looks so sweet.

It looks like the game is being handeld by KCET (not KCEH, since they still can't get timing issues right in their DDR games), so that's great news.

DMczaf

what.jpg

Parl

Mana Knight said:
This game definitely sells me on a Wii (My interests in Wii just went up by 1000X). I'm too big of a DDR fan to ever pass this up (I'm also a DDR Club member at my college). It looks so sweet.

It looks like the game is being handeld by KCET (not KCEH, since they still can't get timing issues right in their DDR games), so that's great news.

WHAT?!!!!

Mana Knight said:

If DDR sells you on a system then you're an easy sell.

Parl

DMczaf said:

Whooooooo!!! Oh, chop to the chest!! Oh, closed fist chop!! What then hell? It's a low chop, low chop! He's putting him in the figure four leg chop!!! It's over!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This is the one game where (people who are afraid of the wiimote) can use the term "flailing" and not be very far off.

Meier

Holy shit, there's a comment from ddf on there.. could it be a sighting of the once legendary GAFfer DenisDuckFat? We miss you Denis!

Joe Molotov

"Where's the bathroom in this place?"
"The what room?"
"The bathroom."
"The bath what?"
"The bathroom."
"The what what?"

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
And now the best living teoretical physiker: Stephen Hawking !!!! He's a genius !!!!!!:) :)

STEPHENHAWKING.jpg

I think it says right on his business card: Best Living Teoretical Physiker.

I'm no physicist, but I have friends that are and from what I understand Hawking is the EA of physicists.

Gio_CoD

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
this thread is useless
no one is really talking about the game
There's not much to talk about. We all know what DDR is. Now imagine playing DDR and having to make specific motions with your hands. It's going to be completely impossible.

Alcibiades

so does this use the same pad as the Mario DDR?

they need to restock that game as it's going for $100+ on ebay new...

Haleon said:
There's not much to talk about. We all know what DDR is. Now imagine playing DDR and having to make specific motions with your hands. It's going to be completely impossible.
It was already done with the Extremes for PS2. They had Eyetoy support and had a special set of steps with integrated hand motions. I never played it myself but I'm guessing this won't be that different.

As I said in the KGD thread, they should allow Miis to be selected for the dancers. That would impress some people.

Smiles and Cries said:
this thread is useless
no one is really talking about the game

Then to reiterate from the other thread:

DDR Wii is a very wise decision of Konami, since its main target audience on the PS2 won't be updating to the PS3 for some time (at least, with its current library and price). And with Wii's reputation as a "fun" and "party" machine, DDR Wii should do rather well in both NA and especially in Europe, if it is advertised properly.

Does anybody know how well the individual DDR titles sold in the respective three markets?

Top Bottom