• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami's clarification about Pro Evolution Soccer 6

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
But thats what they are trying to say, isn't it? :/

Probably, but the point being (as already mentioned earlier in this thread), is that they SHOULD have just listed out the platforms right on the page, the page as is only slightly clears up the picture for someone who thought only the X360 was getting a version of PES6.

DarienA said:
Probably, but the point being (as already mentioned earlier in this thread), is that they SHOULD have just listed out the platforms right on the page, the page as is only slightly clears up the picture for someone who thought only the X360 was getting a version of PES6.
Well, its actually really weird because its the japanese website...I mean, they get Winning Eleven and just for PS2 and NDS actually.

I really don't get why they put there such a notice...

DSN2K

Konami not happy with MS PR attempts at making a mountain out of a molehill.

cant blame MS for taking advantage of situation mind, looks very good on them it is a "Next Gen" exclusive.

DSN2K said:
Konami not happy with MS PR attempts at making a mountain out of a molehill.

cant blame MS for taking advantage of situation mind, looks very good on them it is a "Next Gen" exclusive.

More like Konami tryign be coy about damage controlling not having PES on the PS3 to begin with

jett

D-Member
There's no exclusivity deal, that's all they're saying. PES6 isn't on PS3 because it wasn't planned to be. Look for WE11 or whatever it ends up being called. :p

DSN2K

meltpotato said:
More like Konami tryign be coy about damage controlling not having PES on the PS3 to begin with

heh I'm sure that is part of it but I don't think they want mixed messages out there that its exclusive to 360 when PS2 version is the real money maker.

DarienA

Luckyman said:
http://pelaajalehti.com/2006/08/25/pes6-xbox-360-this-year/

In this interview with a Finnish magazine at GC, Shingo Takatsuka creator of PES, says MS has exclusivity for only this year. Not 12 months.

PS3 version will come out before summer. He even says PS3-version is in development.

Does it say on the page when the interview took place? If I read Jim's comments in a previous thread correctly this 12 mos exclusivity is relatively new.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Seriously!!!!! GO OUTSIDE have fun.... stop worrying about console Next gen exclusitivity!! this is sad....

koam

Is it really that hard to understand? They simply aren't able to create the games in time for the wii and ps3 system launch. The 360 games are exclusive by default :)

Ajax

Banned
koam said:
Is it really that hard to understand? They simply aren't able to create the games in time for the wii and ps3 system launch. The 360 games are exclusive by default :)

It's very easy to understand. What happens though when you don't want to understand? Meltpotato for example keeps repeating the same things over and over again even after EA's clear explanation and Konami's obvious annoyance to the MS PR bullshit.

koam said:

i thought it was only NextGen Exclusive? :p

joke

Ajax said:
It's very easy to understand. What happens though when you don't want to understand? Meltpotato for example keeps repeating the same things over and over again even after EA's clear explanation and Konami's obvious annoyance to the MS PR bullshit.

:lol sucks that Madden got delayed to 08 on PS3, huh? im still really irked about that

Ajax said:
Different teams different schedules/staff/devkits-arrival genius.

christ, youre makin me dizzy.

it sucks that these games are not going to be available across platforms, something that should never happen with sports titles, but some of the fanboy damage control is incredible, all i can really do is laugh.

Let's get a couple of facts (darn these things!) out the way

1) EA NEVER released a statement or went out of their way in any way, shape, or form to correct anything about MS' PR. Our very own Jim (of his own volition) contacted EA's US PR dept and got word from them that exclusivity was only for this year.

A few hours later EA US PR dept, obviously having been corrected, return a call to Jim and state that infact there is a 12 month exclusivity re: FIFA 07 on nextgen platforms. Any EA press release "correcting" MS is pure fantasy on the part of Ajax and others.

2) Konami have a veryyyyyy strong partnership with Sony, so they very much are annoyed that MS is touting exclusivity with PES 6, because it isn't some part of a deal or partnership with MS, it's just something that's happened by default due to the 360 being the last release platform on the WE10 schedule. Expect a glorious nextgen WE11 on PS3 sometime late spring/early summer.

Can every please stfu now and let this die?!!

skybaby

Ajax said:
EA who often releases 3 Fifa games in the same year, didn't receive ps3 kits in time! It's so easy to understand! :lol

arne

radicalbunny said:
2) Konami have a veryyyyyy strong partnership with Sony, so they very much are annoyed that MS is touting exclusivity with PES 6, because it isn't some part of a deal or partnership with MS, it's just something that's happened by default due to the 360 being the last release platform on the WE10 schedule. Expect a glorious nextgen WE11 on PS3 sometime late spring/early summer.

That's not what Konami is annoyed about.

Ryck

Ajax said:
Is this all you do? Run sub par damage control for sony, Every thread same bullshit . CAN YOU UNDERSTAND YOU DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND, just shut up already.

Ajax

Banned
radicalbunny said:
Let's get a couple of facts (darn these things!) out the way

1) EA NEVER released a statement or went out of their way in any way, shape, or form to correct anything about MS' PR. Our very own Jim (of his own volition) contacted EA's US PR dept and got word from them that exclusivity was only for this year.

A few hours later EA US PR dept, obviously having been corrected, return a call to Jim and state that infact there is a 12 month exclusivity re: FIFA 07 on nextgen platforms. Any EA press release "correcting" MS is pure fantasy on the part of Ajax and others.

Can every please stfu now and let this die?!!

Uh...

EA didn't have enough time for FIFA 07 and they got the PS3 div kits too late for FIFA 07 so that the first PS3 FIFA is FIFA 08 next year.

http://www.gamefront.de

3 Fifa games in the 360's first year, but it'll take a year for the first PS3 FIFA because EA haven't got enough dev kits to go around?

does that really make sense to you?

sangreal

Ajax said:

:lol You believe EA, the world's largest publisher, didn't get dev kits in time to make ****ing Fifa (but conveniently this hasn't stopped them from releasing other PS3 games). You don't think its a little suspicous that they are releasing the first PS3 version 12 months after the 360 version? You don realize that this is the same company that released three Fifa games in the past year, right?

I'm sorry, but if you think EA was unable to get dev kits to develop one of their largest franchises you are delusional. They could probably get dev kits NOW and have a Fifa game out in the first half of 07

Ajax

Banned
radicalbunny said:
What the hell is that? It's sure not a press release from EA. It's a damn website article reporting what they heard the Managing Dir. @ EA Germany saying.

exactly

sangreal said:
:lol You believe EA, the world's largest publisher, didn't get dev kits in time to make ****ing Fifa (but conveniently this hasn't stopped them from releasing other PS3 games). You don't think its a little suspicous that they are releasing the first PS3 version 12 months after the 360 version? You don realize that this is the same company that released three Fifa games in the past year, right?

I'm sorry, but if you think EA was unable to get dev kits to develop one of their largest franchises you are delusional. They could probably get dev kits NOW and have a Fifa game out in the first half of 07

he will ignore this post.

Ryck

This guy isn't gonna get it. Either lock the thread or something cause this is gonna keep going in circles like the thread yesterday..

Lol same guy too...

arne

plagiarize said:
3 Fifa games in the 360's first year, but it'll take a year for the first PS3 FIFA because EA haven't got enough dev kits to go around?

does that really make sense to you?

who cares why though? everyone is fighting about why it isn't on PS3 and even EA is coming up with reasons. that still doesn't change the fact that it won't be until FIFA08 next summer/fall/whatever.

ugh.

Ryck

arne said:
who cares why though? everyone is fighting about why it isn't on PS3 and even EA is coming up with reasons. that still doesn't change the fact that it won't be until FIFA08 next summer/fall/whatever.

ugh.
EXACTLY....

arne said:

ugh.
i know. i said that on the first page.

but i guess reiterating it again myself might help.

WHETHER OR NOT MS DID THIS ON PURPOSE OR JUST GOT LUCKY IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

whether they did it on purpose or not the impact or lack their of on ps3/xbox 360 sales will be identical.

arne

szaromir said:
What are they annoyed about, then?
I'm really curious.:)

That's for Konami to say, let's just say that, at the surface, it's not about relationships with hardware manufacturers that is the cause of friction.

DarienA

arne said:
That's for Konami to say, let's just say that, at the surface, it's not about relationships with hardware manufacturers that is the cause of friction.

Ok this is vague as shit... TIME TO RIOT!!!!! <punts baby>

szaromir

Banned
arne said:
So it's really abour game journalists who misunderstood MS' statement? That's sounds believable.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
szaromir said:
So it's really abour game journalists who misunderstood MS' statement. That's sounds believable.

Imagine what the response would have been if we were talking MGS4 and not PES6 as a game being exclusive to X360. 50 page thread!

Ajax

Banned
sangreal said:

3? This year? Really? For 360 (for other platforms they're more than 3) they were 2 and one of them was for WorldCup which won't happen again anytime soon. Which leaves us just one for this year. FIFA 2007. The only one 360 will be receiving too (didn't bother to check that out, did you?) So much for that excuse huh?

Kabuki Waq said:
he will ignore this post.

No I won't.

And since the XDF has arrived full force in this thread I'm bailing out.

edit: I see the retaliation to my post has already begun. No real arguments though. Oh well...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ajax said:
3? This year? Really? For next gen (for other platforms they're more than 3) they were 2 and one of them was for WorldCup which doesn't happen again anytime soon. So much for that excuse huh?

No I won't.

And since the XDF has arrived full force in this thread I'm bailing out.

Please don't. To be honest, this thread has more to do with you than the Topic.

meltdown_10jul92.jpg

Superfrog

arne said:

They probably didn't like the fact that there was an MS press release including both PES and FIFA?

hadareud

The Translator
Superfrog said:
They probably didn't like the fact that there was an MS press release including both PES and FIFA?
that would still be being mad at a hardware manufacturer though.

My personal guess is that it is Ajax that pisses them off.

Ryck

Ajax said:
backseat modding much?
Just stating a fact and giving you a not so subtle warning. I mean your here arguing a point that is meaningless. I mean really at this point what are you trying to prove? Do you even remember your point?

Was it um Fifa 07 isn't coming out for ps3 becuase they didn't get the dev kits in time? That's your point right? NOONE CARES WHY IT ISN'T COMING OUT THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT IT ISN'T. Your just grasping at straws, this thread isn't even about Pes anymore it's about Ajax trying depseratly to be right about something, anything.

Ajax

Banned
Ryck said:
Just stating a fact and giving you a not so subtle warning. I mean your here arguing a point that is meaningless. I mean really at this point what are you trying to prove? Do you even remember your point?

Was it um Fifa 07 isn't coming out for ps3 becuase they didn't get the dev kits in time? That's your point right? NOONE CARES WHY IT ISN'T COMING OUT THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT IT ISN'T. Your just grasping at straws, this thread isn't even about Pes anymore it's about Ajax trying depseratly to be right about something, anything.

Oh yes they do. Just ask meltpotato, Kabuki Waq, sangreal and the rest. And since you're trying to seem so objective I wonder. Why aren't you saying anything to them about this "stupid" argument?

Ryck

Ajax said:
Oh yes they do. Just ask meltpotato, Kabuki Waq, sangreal and the rest. And since you're trying to seem so objective I wonder. Why aren't you saying anything to them about this "stupid" argument?
Because they aren't as annoying as you are. You pass off your biased opinion as fact, you make arguments that barely make sense, then act like the other people are the ones with the comprehension problem when they disagree with you. Plus I hate fanboys... I could not care less which system is selling better or any of that bullshit the fact that your loyal to a heartless corporation speaks volumes about your intellegence.

and just for kicks...

meltpotato, Kabuki Waq, sangreal and the rest

Does it really matter why Ps3 isn't getting a Pes or fifa this year?

There happy?

Top Bottom