• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KonoSuba Season 2 |OT| EXPLOSION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 6

That was great. First off, Vanir's back. Why does it seem all the Devil King's commanders aren't really bad people, even when they're demons. The rest of the episode was also incredibly hilarious. I love how Kazuma gets so fed up with the group that he chooses to be reincarnated instead. Of course, just when he thinks he's out, they manage to pull him back in.

Other highlights include Aqua's freakout, Megumin's reason for not being able to cast explosion and what she wrote on Kazuma, and Kazuma's attempts to be a stereotypical JRPG hero with his new sword.

I hope this show makes it to Season 4 so they can finally reveal that [LN SPOILERS]
Chris is Eris in disguise. They dropped a few hints towards it in this episode with her mentioning that she sometimes drops into the world for fun and the fact that she scratches her cheek where Chris is scarred. In the anime they share the same VA

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This episode was amazing.

I need to gif or webm that sakuga of Kazuma Sniping.

I'm dead. Season 2 is hitting out of the park on so many levels.

Anyone who reads the LN,
I've heard Megumin has a tattoo on her ass that says Avalon? If this is true the excalibur joke has transcended so many levels.

I can't corroborate that specifically. I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the LN's.

I do have something that might raise your spirits though and corroborate one thing!

Light LN Spoilers. One of these already occurred chronologically.

All Crimson Demons have a tattoo as a part of their clans rites.

2. During the bath scene that was covered in the anime already,
Kazuma thinks he briefly saw a tattoo on Megumin's butt, but he isn't sure. This is the first time the tattoos were hinted at.

3. Later on in the next volume
Kazuma, Megumin, and Yun-Yun are together. Megumin tells Kazuma about how every Crimson Demon has a tattoo from birth. "The placement of the tattoo is different for everyone, and Yunyun's tattoo is at..."

”Shut up, what are you telling Kazuma-san! And why do you know the position of my tattoo!?"

I don't need to tell you what this means. The location of Yun-Yun's tattoo is embarrassing and shameful. There is two specific spots it could be at. And I'm pretty sure the real answer is that it is somewhere south.

By this point you are either

z0ny3wV.gif

or

bUZaX0l.gif

or

WbJSZb2.gif

I'll add one other thing

Number 3 happens
after they escape from a horde of incredibly horny female Orcs that want to rape Kazuma for his "strong" genes.

I hope this show makes it to Season 4 so they can finally reveal that [LN SPOILERS]
Chris is Eris in disguise. They dropped a few hints towards it in this episode with her mentioning that she sometimes drops into the world for fun and the fact that she scratches her cheek where Chris is scarred. In the anime they share the same VA

Really the only hint they needed was just a few episodes ago when it was mentioned that
Darkness used to go to the church to pray for friends before suddenly meeting Chris. Also Eris and Chris are pretty similar names.

SuperOrez

There's so many reason why I should hate this show. It's got way too much fan service. It involves being transported to a fantasy realm. It's almost a harem. But this show is just too damn funny. I think when I watched the first episode what stuck was the fact that Kazuma thought he was gonna be this big hero but he spends his first week doing construction. Then I was hooked when they were being eaten by frogs. This stuff is funny and I'm glad I stuck with it.

Good episode , but i think it will be one of the weaker one of this season.

Don't get me wrong i loved the ep from start to finish but i'm already looking forward to next week for more vanir

vanir is good

Bookmarked for next week

Crayolan

Just recently caught up with this series, it's great. Thought it was just okay at first but then I hit episode 5, couldn't stop laughing, and was hooked.

Megumin is the best.

Hastati

Oh god I really want to read those spoilers, I haven't read the LNS yet. Do you think knowing them would increase anticipation for future seasons?

Anyway episode 6 was great, kazuma was being a dick as usual (does he remind anyone else of a low-key version of Ataru from Urusei Yatsura?), And aqua's laugh at the end was icing on the cake.

I gotta say the animation is pretty uneven but the show still manages to pump out one awesome or memorable sequence per episode. I loved when Aqua was rolling around on the ground in despair and every frame looked like a still taken from a different episode of Looney tunes.

Trojita

Oh god I really want to read those spoilers, I haven't read the LNS yet. Do you think knowing them would increase anticipation for future seasons?

Anyway episode 6 was great, kazuma was being a dick as usual (does he remind anyone else of a low-key version of Ataru from Urusei Yatsura?), And aqua's laugh at the end was icing on the cake.

I gotta say the animation is pretty uneven but the show still manages to pump out one awesome or memorable sequence per episode. I loved when Aqua was rolling around on the ground in despair and every frame looked like a still taken from a different episode of Looney tunes.

They are very very light spoilers. I'm actually excited to see the one scene happen with
the female orcs

In general, the spoilers we are talking about are mostly about things that would happen during a hypothetical Season 3, mainly because LN5 is where the story for Konosuba really begins to hit its strides.

Kthulhu

not a gif but I saw this webm a short while ago

https://www.webmshare.com/jQKaa

How to save money while also being hilarious.

In general, the spoilers we are talking about are mostly about things that would happen during a hypothetical Season 3, mainly because LN5 is where the story for Konosuba really begins to hit its strides.

Wait, what?

You're telling me this fantastic show hasn't even gotten to the good part?

How to save money while also being hilarious.

Wait, what?

You're telling me this fantastic show hasn't even gotten to the good part?

Yep! While LN1-4 (Season 1-2) are good, once you get to Volume 5, 6 (Season 3) and beyond it gets way better. All the characters (main and sideline) will have been introduced and in general the Author just feels comfortable with the universe they have created...Which matches up since supposedly Volume 5 is where the LN starts to diverge from the original Web Novel.

I have never wanted to watch a show based on gifs so bad in my life

but alas

girl-with-crying-face-with-empty-wallet-picture-id177766611

But thank you Trojita for at least making a potential sale in 2024

Its $6.95 for a crunchyroll sub.

Thanks but I'd rather not make any subs, I'd just be more tempted to watch everything I can and I have enough distractions. Also I tried to get a trial with them years ago but they didn't like my card so meh fuck'em.

Maybe a bluray down the line

you couldn't find a better image than one with watermarks all over? lol

no

The show has yet another wonderful episode. The kotetsu and katana bits were hilarious. The animation was also really stylish during the lizard runner scenes. That being said, I wonder if Kazuma can actually die permanently if Aqua is around.

I'm dead. Season 2 is hitting out of the park on so many levels.

Anyone who reads the LN,
I've heard Megumin has a tattoo on her ass that says Avalon? If this is true the excalibur joke has transcended so many levels.

post-62416-The-Wire-Wee-Bey-Brice-OMG-WTF-tm9I.gif

I have never wanted to watch a show based on gifs so bad in my life

but alas

girl-with-crying-face-with-empty-wallet-picture-id177766611

But thank you Trojita for at least making a potential sale in 2024

Thanks but I'd rather not make any subs, I'd just be more tempted to watch everything I can and I have enough distractions. Also I tried to get a trial with them years ago but they didn't like my card so meh fuck'em.

Maybe a bluray down the line

no

... Do you want some 2 Day Guest Passes? I sure as hell don't use mine, and I'm sure a bunch of others in this thread don't either.

Don't worry about it. If you didn't use them nobody would and they'd just end up expiring. I'll PM you a couple once the page stops erroring out, that way you can use them whenever you want.

Don't forget to use them on sock puppet accounts because if you use it on your main you won't be able to use one again.

Trojita

They are releasing a blanket with Megumin on it. A lewder blanket with Megumin and Aqua.

Two extremely lewd bath towels.

and a classy smartphone case

swf7OKb.jpg

Bakuretsu

Kthulhu

They are releasing a blanket with Megumin on it. A lewder blanket with Megumin and Aqua.

Two extremely lewd bath towels.

and a classy smartphone case

swf7OKb.jpg

Bakuretsu

raw

Yep! While LN1-4 (Season 1-2) are good, once you get to Volume 5, 6 (Season 3) and beyond it gets way better. All the characters (main and sideline) will have been introduced and in general the Author just feels comfortable with the universe they have created...Which matches up since supposedly Volume 5 is where the LN starts to diverge from the original Web Novel.

Now I'm really hyped.

Kthulhu

Thanks Trojita for the pics you PM'ed me.

As for my thoughts...

XPMrfG3.gif

Also I wasn't serious lol

or was I?

Cornbread78

Fu(k you Kazuma you total a$$hole, lol. Tell that useless Goddess how it really is. I can't believe how Kazuma grabbed Darkness out of the back of the cart like a ragdoll (she is totally thirsty for Kazuma, btw) This was good yet again. Kazuma's a$$holeness on full display!

Konosuba 2 EP7
Oh my god, I'm dead. Everything about this episode was gold from Kazuma and Aqua being pompous rich people to Darkness jumping into the fucking rope.

Don't forget to use them on sock puppet accounts because if you use it on your main you won't be able to use one again.

Unfortunately I think my account is broken. I've been trying to grab the codes for a couple days now but the page to get them keeps on giving me a generic error :/

Aqua can't beat Kazuma in rock paper scissors even with a luck boost. XD

Pretty much a set up episode but it was executed very well. Aqua and Kazuma have amazing interactions and I'm loved the animosity between Aqua and Vanir. It's really funny how ignorant the other adventurers are of how depraved Kazuma and his party are, namely Darkness towards the ending of this episode.

Honestly, every episode so far this season has entertained me. I hope that continues towards the end of the season.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Wish they'd use Wiz, YunYun, and Chris more. Let's see if Wiz actually gets to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom