• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KonoSuba Season 2 |OT| EXPLOSION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for him, he's one of those guys where a nasty personality means a girl ain't shit, no matter how good they look lol

Not that he has much room to talk.

You kind of see a more less mean-spirited version of that with Darkness as well. When he describes the qualities he likes in a woman Darkness more or less hits every criteria but he's too creeped out by her masochism to ever actually try and make a move on her.

LotusHD

Banned
You kind of see a more less mean-spirited version of that with Darkness as well. When he describes the qualities he likes in a woman Darkness more or less hits every criteria but he's too creeped out by her masochism to ever actually try and make a move on her.

Yep, exactly.

tumblr_okdd4bzgCs1uaylcyo8_540.gif

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

And Kazuma is her type lol. Verbally abusive.

Hmm I'm loving all the gags but it feels like an aimless season so far. The first was paced so well but this just feels like a side quest season. Hope it picks up a bit and Darkness returns as I fee like the group dynamic is better with her.

LotusHD

Banned
Hmm I'm loving all the gags but it feels like an aimless season so far. The first was paced so well but this just feels like a side quest season. Hope it picks up a bit and Darkness returns as I fee like the group dynamic is better with her.

Meh, I could barely tell you what the first season was about tbh. All I know is that these guys make me laugh, so I keep watching it lol

Trojita

***,*69位/***,*90位 (**1,815 pt) [*,*28予約] 2017/03/24 Konosuba

OMGGGGGGG

This is good. Really good. Basically Konosuba is doing well in Japan right now. Much better than a lot of the other airing shows.

Isn't there enough material for them to do a full 26 ep season, and still have plenty leftover for a 3rd season?

The light novels are currently at Volume 10 and they are adapting them at a rate of 2 volumes per season. Not to mention considering the 10 episode seasons they are also skipping a bunch of arcs from what they do adapt that while not be all that important to the plot are comedic gold.

That's also only the mainline series. In addition we also have the excellent Crimson Demon Spinoff LN of which there is 3 volumes and a sequel Megumin series... also another series that follows YunYun and Wiz with currently 1 volume out.

So with that information, to just adapt the Mainline series we would have more than enough material for 3 additional seasons of 10 episodes each just to get us to Volume 10; at which point 3 years would have also passed of even more volume releases.

So thankfully lack of content is not a problem at all. It's all down to the will to make them; and I hope it is there because Volumes 5 and up, what would be covered in a Hypothetical Season 3, are where the series really takes off beyond where it is now

Voror

I think one of the things that really sells it is the performances, especially Kazuma's VA if that makes any sense. Just the range he uses for his voice as the character does a lot for the comedy I feel.

Trojita

I think one of the things that really sells it is the performances, especially Kazuma's VA if that makes any sense. Just the range he uses for his voice as the character does a lot for the comedy I feel.

I was surprised to hear he actually adlibs a lot of what he says which wasn't intentionally planned by the staff.

Hai, Kazuma.

kewlmyc

Hopefully this is a yearly thing and starting next year we get 24 episode seasons. Studio DEEN is working on Rakugo at the same time as this and it's a really good looking show, so next year, if Konosuba S3 is their only show airing that season, maybe we can get more episodes.

Ascheroth

Yeah. His deadpan 'Hai, Kazuma desu.' cracks me up everytime.
Aquas God Blow was amazing as well.

I was surprised to hear he actually adlibs a lot of what he says which wasn't intentionally planned by the staff.

Hai, Kazuma.
Ha, that's awesome. Really curious now about what's adlibbed and what's planned.

Voror

Hai, Kazuma.

Oh didn't know that. Is adlibbing that common in anime or at least with Japanese VAs? I can think of some dubs that are cases of adlibbing.

Yeah. His deadpan 'Hai, Kazuma desu.' cracks me up everytime.
Aquas God Blow was amazing as well.

Ha, that's awesome. Really curious now about what's adlibbed and what's planned.

Same here and yeah that was pretty good.

I really liked the story with the Wizard this episode. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and something to happen, but was glad when it didn't.

The light novels are currently at Volume 10 and they are adapting them at a rate of 2 volumes per season. Not to mention considering the 10 episode seasons they are also skipping a bunch of arcs from what they do adapt that while not be all that important to the plot are comedic gold.

That's also only the mainline series. In addition we also have the excellent Crimson Demon Spinoff LN of which there is 3 volumes and a sequel Megumin series... also another series that follows YunYun and Wiz with currently 1 volume out.

So with that information, to just adapt the Mainline series we would have more than enough material for 3 additional seasons of 10 episodes each just to get us to Volume 10; at which point 3 years would have also passed of even more volume releases.

So thankfully lack of content is not a problem at all. It's all down to the will to make them; and I hope it is there because Volumes 5 and up, what would be covered in a Hypothetical Season 3, are where the series really takes off beyond where it is now

No lie detected. I was reading Volume 5 just last night and was cackling at what all goes down in that book and what details I've heard about the plot following it are pretty great too.

Megumin's mother is incredible.

Trojita

Oh didn't know that. Is adlibbing that common in anime or at least with Japanese VAs? I can think of some dubs that are cases of adlibbing.

From what I've heard it's common. Sometimes it happens in the booth or other times it comes when the director asks for the actors input. A famous example of the latter is the last line in End of Evangelion.

From what I've heard, the "Hai Kazuma desu" was an adlib that Jun Fukushima said in the booth. The director liked it so much they kept it. Shit is hilarious, I laugh everytime I hear it.

Mendrox

I also love Aquas annoying voice. Really puts me into the mind that I would hit her straight in the face if she would be real. Love that.

Voror

From what I've heard it's common. Sometimes it happens in the booth or other times it comes when the director asks for the actors input. A famous example of the latter is the last line in End of Evangelion.

From what I've heard, the "Hai Kazuma desu" was an adlib that Jun Fukushima said in the booth. The director liked it so much they kept it. Shit is hilarious, I laugh everytime I hear it.

That's right! I forgot that last line was due to Anno asking Asuka's VA what she would say or feel in response.

I love that gag too so it's funny to hear it's just something Fukushima threw in.

Quixzlizx

I've been following the novels for awhile, but I just started watching the anime this week. It feels like a condensed recap, even by LN to anime conversion standards, but it's still hilarious.

Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Nature's Beauty! Turn Undead! Turn Undead!

I've been following the novels for awhile, but I just started watching the anime this week. It feels like a condensed recap, even by LN to anime conversion standards, but it's still hilarious.

Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Nature's Beauty! Turn Undead! Turn Undead!

I'm hoping we get a season three next year. I loved reading the fifth volume of Konosuba's LN series. I can just imagine how they'd adapt that stuff onto the screen.

Quixzlizx

And I just want to remind everyone that the first novel is being released in English by Yen Press next month, in case you were unaware that the novels were licensed.

Man I love how stupid Aqua is. People usually like Megumin, but I'm an Aqua man. She's like Kazuma's dumbass drinking buddy that gets him into trouble.

I recently binged the first season + OVA, and I absolutely love this series. It's totally irreverent and hilarious. Definitely my favorite anime of the season, I love seeing all the misadventures of the party.

Episode 3

It was great to see Aqua get to show more of her serious side. And while I love Megumin and Darkness, I do love getting to see Aqua and Kazuma having to work together.

Poor Chris. I'm sure she regrets teaching Kazuma that move, lol.

Konosubs! S2, Episode 4
Oh my god, I'm dying. They adapted that so perfectly, even the small parts like Aqua feeding the fish.

The funniest anime at the moment. I loved season 1 and season 2 is topping the comedy on that as well. Kazuma VA is crushing it with his voice acting.

Konosubs! S2, Episode 4.

OK, seriously, this anime is FANTASTIC. It is so ridiculously ridiculous and yet, everything fits perfectly, I love it.

Hastati

Episode 4 is AMAZING. Probably my favorite episode yet.

The characters feel quite different this season, Megumin is more snarky and assertive, and Darkness has just completely gone over the edge lol. Not having her around for a few weeks made her return that much better, absolutely priceless facial expressions.

I think I'm gonna import that blu ray.

Edit:
From the gameplay session, the last difficulty is Very Hard Mode, "Intended For Players as Hard M as Darkness" lol

Marow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aKG7OmAmks

The BD bonus is an actual game. It look pretty impresive
Unless I'm mistaken (for some reason the video description uses katakana even though he himself seems to use latin), the game is created by Krobon in the Mogura engine. Basically, he's a legit developer and Pharaoh Rebirth+ which released last year here is one of my favorite games of 2016.

I expect this to be great. And I so want to play it.

janoDX

Kazuma accidentally (?) being mistaken as a pervert piece of shit. And well, Darkness was looking for someone as Kazuma.

lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom