• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KonoSuba Season 2 |OT| EXPLOSION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 4

Hilarious. Simply hilarious.

This episode was lewder than I expected (I expected just a normal "Gang tries to get Darkness out of her wedding" episode, not... what we got), but man, the show is just hitting it out of the park. I also like the DEEN-y style this ep and the first ep used. I didn't really find it that distracting.

Also, I admit, when Darkness said she would break Kazuma's arms in their fight, I had flashbacks to a... certain Reddit thread. Well, I'm sure Darkness would happily lend him a hand in that case.

Hastati

Episode 4

Hilarious. Simply hilarious.

This episode was lewder than I expected (I expected just a normal "Gang tries to get Darkness out of her wedding" episode, not... what we got), but man, the show is just hitting it out of the park. I also like the DEEN-y style this ep and the first ep used. I didn't really find it that distracting.

Also, I admit, when Darkness said she would break Kazuma's arms in their fight, I had flashbacks to a... certain Reddit thread. Well, I'm sure Darkness would happily lend him a hand in that case.

It was kind of an interesting scene because it's the first time I remember her actually being aggressive. She was REALLY pumped up lol

wamberz1

All caught up and man is this show great. I have to say the audio design is phenomenal, and really accentuates the jokes. Like when the music would rise and fall with megu pretending to do the explosion magic and EP 3, or the "stare" moment in ep 1. It's something I did't notice at first but now it's probably my favorite aspect of the show.

My only complaint so far is the fan service. I get it, it's a modern anime. I get it, it's a comedy so it gets more of a free pass. But man do they jam it down your throat sometimes.

Quixzlizx

I died when Darkness' father walked in and she was all messed up on the floor.

The Trashzuma art was killing me this episode, though (yes I know it's partly intentional).

Just look at how this
lewd
goddess is supposed to look:

FiUTLbF.png

Excellent episode as usual.

I was really looking forward to this episode.. and it delivered

Damn i hope we get to "that" arc this season. Volume 4 is going to be adapted , right ? Because damn , this could be the greatest animated comedy if they nail it like they have been already

Excellent episode as usual.

I was really looking forward to this episode.. and it delivered

Damn i hope we get to "that" arc this season. Volume 4 is going to be adapted , right ? Because damn , this could be the greatest animated comedy if they nail it like they have been already

Yeah, it looks like the second half of this season will be an adaptation of Volume 4. Should be great. Honestly though, I'm just hoping we get a third season next year so that we get to see the stuff from Volume 5 adapted.
Megumin's family and the rest of the Crimson Demons are all hilarious.

faridmon

Call me spoil sport, but I really hate the character design. Ep 4 looked like straight out of a hentai show.

I really don't like how Darkness look and animated at all

Yeah, it looks like the second half of this season will be an adaptation of Volume 4. Should be great. Honestly though, I'm just hoping we get a third season next year so that we get to see the stuff from Volume 5 adapted.
Megumin's family and the rest of the Crimson Demons are all hilarious.

I personally hope we get season 3
just so we can watch a bunch of elderly chuunibyou wizards. Will be funny as hell to see animated

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
OMG this episode was amazing. Holy shit this was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing.

I personally hope we get season 3
just so we can watch a bunch of elderly chuunibyou wizards. Will be funny as hell to see animated

Same.
Also hope we get to see the bit where Megumin begins to cast Explosion and Kazuma is trying to get all the Crimson Demon villagers away from the blast zone, only for them all to think Kazuma's just acting to hype up how cool and badass Megumin's spell is... until they realize what spell she's casting. And, of course, all the shenanigans with Megumin's mom...

Trojita

Aqua looked so earnest when she was putting the ripped piece of paper back together lol

OMG at when Kazuma used Drain Touch lmao.

Konosuba 2 Episode 5
Oh god I'm dying. Everything about this episode was comedic gold. Fucking Darkness with the retorts. Vanir finally showed up as well. (L/N)
Shame crunchyroll didn't keep his french though

/dead

Konosuba 2 Episode 5
Oh god I'm dying. Everything about this episode was comedic gold. Fucking Darkness with the retorts. Vanir finally showed up as well. (L/N)
Shame crunchyroll didn't keep his french though

/dead

I was howling the whole way through this episode. LOVED Best Boy Vanir.
Can't wait to see more from him moving forward.
Darkness was fantastic in this episode too!

Episode 5

That was hilarious, like usual. Vanir (is that Tatehiko Koyasu as his VA? I got major DIO vibes from him) wish to be a troll on his deathbed was icing on the cake. I was in tears laughing when he and Darkness were fighting for control. I especially loved the "Don't Bother" moment, and how both he and Kazuma did a double-take.

It's nice finally seeing things looking up for our heroes for once. Though considering this is Konosuba, I'm guessing it isn't going to last.

Trojita

It made me lol that Aqua was disgusted by the little Vanir, but when she thought it was giving her affection she started thinking it was kind of cute.

Just watched episode 5.

Goddamn the second season delivers ..BIG TIME.

I was convinced before , but now i'm fully convinced that they will delivers on the others high points of this season.
Kono%20Subarashii%20Sekai%20ni%20Shukufuku%20wo%21%202%20-%2005.jpg

The new GAF meme

The voice work by all aspects of the casting are god-tier

It's just perfect
100/10 episode

Konosuba 4 & 5

It's great to have Darkness back. Two great episodes where she got a lot of time to shine both as a perv and a pretty decent crusader. Aqua and Kazutrash also had some impressive moments to show off their abilities.

The Vanir stuff actually had me laughing out loud. This season has been seriously great. All the episodes have been top notch so far.

Just look at how this
lewd
goddess is supposed to look:

I know the sometimes sloppy art in the show is to enhance the comedy, but this looks amazing. I have the first LN pre-ordered, can't wait to read it later this month.

Konosuba 2 Ep 6

Welp, I died of laughter and went to see Eris this episode. There are so many gifs that need to be made from this episode

Cornbread78

Konosuba S2 ep.6
lkLqQ04.png

Holy sword of Excaliber huh? Megumin getting in on the pranks was great. The reaction faces on Aqua were priceless in this episode. The comedy was pretty god, but it was a little step down from the past couple weeks.

Geist-

I'm dead. Season 2 is hitting out of the park on so many levels.

Anyone who reads the LN,
I've heard Megumin has a tattoo on her ass that says Avalon? If this is true the excalibur joke has transcended so many levels.

I'm dead. Season 2 is hitting out of the park on so many levels.

Anyone who reads the LN,
I've heard Megumin has a tattoo on her ass that says Avalon? If this is true the excalibur joke has transcended so many levels.

no fucking way...holy shit if they did that on purpose...

i was dying of laughter in this ep, god can this show get better?

So I think this has legit become my favorite episode of the series as a whole. I know there's four episodes left, but this one is looking hard to top.

All the characters were firing from all cylinders. Kazuma acting like an edgelord with his new Katana. Megumin trying to do an explosion but failing because Kazuma used the drain touch on her earlier in the episode. Aqua's temper tantrum after being called useless again. Darkness attempts to be a human shield only to get trampled.

This episode was pure gold. Like I think if I were to ever recommend anyone to watch Konosuba this would be the episode I'd say perfectly encapsulates the tone and humor of the series so far.

Aqua's freakout there was the perfect payoff to the past few episodes of Kazuma grilling her for being so useless. The fact that she only continued to prove his criticisms legitimate only makes it funnier lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom