• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KonoSuba Season 2 |OT| EXPLOSION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist-

q1M2Vkt.png
Qw7XFA8.png

qGRDraJ.png
NT4H1ak.png

EBaJZbO.png
AUFI9vX.png

Absolutely savage
He's just telling it like it is. And let's not pretend he hasn't earned this since she indirectly caused his death multiple times.

Episode 7

Help. I'm running out of ways to say "This is great". This episode was amazing. Darkness being turned on by the stampede, Kazuma and Aqua acting up at the start (Were they doing that to troll Megumin, or was it due their hitting the jackpot? I already know the answer is yes. Was it both?)

I was just laughing so hard. The reaction faces in this show are amazing. I especially loved the RPS scene. Aqua being so confident to getting crushed was amazing. The moment I realized Kazuma was playing a game of luck, I knew things weren't going to work out for her. She really is an idiot, doesn't she know Kazuma has the best luck and she has the worst. Not even boosting it could help her.

Anyway, this show stays hilarious.

Quixzlizx

Episode 7

Help. I'm running out of ways to say "This is great". This episode was amazing. Darkness being turned on by the stampede, Kazuma and Aqua acting up at the start (Were they doing that to troll Megumin, or was it due their hitting the jackpot? I already know the answer is yes. Was it both?)

I was just laughing so hard. The reaction faces in this show are amazing. I especially loved the RPS scene. Aqua being so confident to getting crushed was amazing. The moment I realized Kazuma was playing a game of luck, I knew things weren't going to work out for her. She really is an idiot, doesn't she know Kazuma has the best luck and she has the worst. Not even boosting it could help her.

Anyway, this show stays hilarious.

Intelligence is her worst stat, remember.

Kthulhu

He's just telling it like it is. And let's not pretend he hasn't earned this since she indirectly caused his death multiple times.

I wonder if they will ever go into how Aqua got into what appears to be an important position if she's such a loser.

Crayolan

Good episode, despite not much happening. Every time Kazuma just goes in on someone I keep thinking "is he gonna say sorry?" then remember this is Konosuba and everyone's used to Kazuma being a dick, lol.

And it's probably already been mentioned, but man the Season 2 OP is so good. I mean, musically it's nothing too special, but the visuals encapsulate the series so perfectly. Especially that dopey dancing.

Holy shit, Megu grew some breasts suddenly. wtf

Yeah, it took me a minute to figure out what was going on there too.

Damn this episode.

THE VAs manages to make it on par with the book or even slightly better.

This is just magnificent.

The kazuma aqua troll , the vanir vs aqua exchange the stampede event and the misunderstandings from the guard.

SUPERBE.

Just superbe.

For those who last page asked for more , yu-yun , chris and so on ..it's happenning later ..but it's no less glorious. don't worry guys.

Ah , this episode , that kazuma rant was savage , this season is so much fun.

Nephtis

I laughed hard when the guards were just misunderstanding everything. I had tears streaming down my face throughout the episode 😂😂😂

Hastati

Why is it that nearly every animal in this world has a mating ritual involving running in a marathon stampede and crushing everything in their path? Even the cabbages are a destructive force.

I also really liked the music in the voiceless sequence while they were traveling by carriage.

Two very undersold gags that were hilarious in that episode were Vanir coming at Wiz with his arms in an Ultraman pose while she asked him not to charge his murder ray and whatever the fuck Darkness did in the background by the kotatsu while Megumin and Kazuma were talking before cutting to the hot springs suggestion. She was like floating upside down for a second

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
OMG this episode lmao.

The money slapping part was hilarious

Vanir is amazing. I love his laugh.

The scene with the monsters running at Darkness and Kazuma's apologies to the adventurers

Next episode looks like it will be amazing.

deoee

Hello,

I just started watching this a week ago, I can't stop.

I need more, but the week goes over so slowly...
send help

He can only blame himself for his lastest death.

It's also the selling point of the series that no one gets really away with their shit.

Bulzeeb

Why is it that nearly every animal in this world has a mating ritual involving running in a marathon stampede and crushing everything in their path? Even the cabbages are a destructive force.

I also really liked the music in the voiceless sequence while they were traveling by carriage.

I heard somewhere that this is fantasy world Australia hehe

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
A picture of Megumin and her sister.

gYrpUak.png

That poor pussy

I was going to make a joke about pussy being eaten

Konosuba Light Novel 1: Prologue

Ended up buying the first light novel (just recently translated and released in English) and it just came in today. I only got through the Prologue and about halfway through Chapter 1(If you've never read an LN before, like I have, the "chapters" are more like parts, and they're split up into smaller numbered sections which are basically like chapters in themselves).

Anyway, there are some pretty great drawings in there. They're downright gorgeous. It's strange going from the derpiness of the anime to the beauty of the stuff in the LN. I mean, I love Konosuba's derpy animation (stuff like Aqua's breakdown in Ep 6 is great), but it's weird seeing these characters drawn in such high quality.

Also, this doesn't really apply to the anime, but one of the LN drawings shows that Aqua does, in fact, wear panties. They're blue and white striped, matching her regular colour scheme.

Cornbread78

Konosuba S2 ep.8
OK, I can't watch this at my desk anymore, I cracked up laughing too many times again. Between Darkness being tossed around like a rag doll to the scenes with the villagers spitting at her Exis worship, this was too damn funny. Oh, YunYun got some screen time again, lolololololol.

Konosuba S2 EP8
I'm all out of ways to say this show has yet again killed me with laughter. They perfectly adapted the Light Novel this episode.

Also on another thought, man the artwork for both Axel and Alcanretia are absolutely beautiful. Even if the characters themselves are derpy looking at times, the scenery and ways they are using to make each city look unique and full of energy is great.

25lG5A7.png
upPcE8O.jpg

Axel | Alcanretia

Man, this episode was downright incredible. My favourite bit had to be Darkness rambling when being dragged by the cart and Kazuma complaining off-screen whenever his name was mentioned.

Of course a town that worships Aqua as their Goddess would be filled with a bunch of fanatical snake-oil salesmen.

It amazes me how inspired the writing of that was in fitting with Aqua's whole character. The light novel author deserves so much recognition for how brilliant that idea was.

Yun-yun also continues to be both the most depressing character to laugh at.

Mazre

Aqua being the goddess for a scam cult is so so right. Loved the dog bone for Darkness at the cafe. You could almost see Kazuma's soul break when he realized the little girl was in on it too.

It amazes me how inspired the writing of that was in fitting with Aqua's whole character. The light novel author deserves so much recognition for how brilliant that idea was.

Yeah, it's like the obvious joke, but at the same time sometimes it's obvious because it's right. This was definitely some great world building on the part of the author.

The moment that got the biggest laugh out of me was the cults reaction to Darkness admitting she's a follower of Eris.

Mazre

Also need a gif of Darkness landing in front of the cave with the kites hopping over her and Kazuma celebrating

Something I've been wondering about is do Megumin and Darkness know Aqua the derpy archpriest is actually Aqua the Axis goddess? Or is Kazuma the only one that knows this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom