• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Leaked Images Reveal One Of This Fall's Two Assassin's Creed Games

Squire

Banned
I don't get it. The games you listed all launched in 2013 - Call of Duty, Battlefield, and AC4. With the exception of Halo, but we're only getting an HD collection anyway.

The versions of those games releasing this year are going to be full-hog. AC has a title for current and last gen, Activision says the new CoD is "next-gen first" and this years Battlefield is almost certainly in the same boat as that.

Even though the latter two are probably cross-gen, the experience will be all the more favorable on PS4/XBO. The gap is going to be wider than it was last fall. Even if only slightly so.

DocSeuss

It looks boring compared to all the other, cooler locations it could have been set in. What happened to Ancient Egypt? What about Sengoku Jidai Japan? Why isn't Ubisoft willing to take a risk on these settings? Instead they play it safe with stuff we've already seen before.

Wait, when have we played games in the golden age of piracy, the American Revolution, the French Revolution, Renaissance Italy, etc?

Assassin's Creed always takes risks.

They've stated, repeatedly, the reason they don't want to do Japan is because everyone does Japan.

AU Tiger

Looks ok I guess but we'll have to wait and see how it looks after they downgrade it.

amirite? :| IhopeI'mwrong

This looks the most like AC2 since AC2... I'm in danger of getting interested in this game. I should leave now before I back out on my promise to never play another after AC4.

AC game built ground up on current gen? Good god yes

AC4 was a pretty game on PS4, but that was do more to art as the engine really showed it's age

Just make sure the PS4 is LOCKED 30FPS again along with 1080p

Wait, when have we played games in the golden age of piracy, the American Revolution, the French Revolution, Renaissance Italy, etc?

Assassin's Creed always takes risks.

They've stated, repeatedly, the reason they don't want to do Japan is because everyone does Japan.

And it's what everyone expects. If they tried, they'd never meet expectations. Assassins being synonymous with ninjas doesn't help either. It's too obvious, ya know?

But a lot of people want Japan and we're the ones buying the game.

I mean, I'm sure France will be a cool location but it would have been nice to have something completely different.

I hope they never do Japan. So goddam unimaginative. There are tons of much more interesting locales all over Asia they could do before fucking cliched to hell ninjas.

Yeah don't do Japan. Do China when they had an empire that made Europe look like the fucking stone age and sailed a fleet of ships each of which was 20 times the size of the Santa Maria

Epcott

What bothers me about Ubi saying this is who are these "everyone" people they're referring to?

Are they talking about games like Tenchu? When was the last time a Tenchu was released? Are they speaking about games by Japanese developers? Since when have they made stealth games other than MGS? Or one that took place in Japan?

Maybe they're referring to all ninja/assassination games in general, from Shinobi to Samurai Warriors? If so, that's still a broad statement to make. Games taking place in Merica have been done to death yet they based 3 in the good ole USA.

Top Bottom