• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Leaked Images Reveal One Of This Fall's Two Assassin's Creed Games

I really hate the idea of a two different games for current and next gen consoles.

cant blame ubisoft for it.

1. release different games for current and last gen.
2. port last gen game to current gen months later
3. port current gen game to last gen months later
4. ?.
5. profit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm liking what's on display in the second image. Maybe I'll get my wish after all (a return to sprawling cities with interesting architecture).

Moff

I just wish these game werent so goddamn repettiive and boring. climbing around paris would be something that really interests me.

French Revolution means a 87.90% reuse of Black Flag's assets. The timeframe is basically the same, so the costums, weapons and wigs can be resused. The setting and achitecture....well they don't even have to model the Eiffel tower.

I understand these proceedings, it's the easy way out. Maybe they can use the extra time to completely revamp the battle system, traversal mechanics/platforming/climbing and bring AC to modern times, because AC is not just stale, it's decaying.

Magwik

Banned
I don't understand how people are saying "looks boring" and such after seeing two images from early builds of the game not due out until October/November

gribbles

Banned
I don't understand how people are saying "looks boring" and such after seeing two images from early builds of the game not due out until October/November

It looks boring compared to all the other, cooler locations it could have been set in. What happened to Ancient Egypt? What about Sengoku Jidai Japan? Why isn't Ubisoft willing to take a risk on these settings? Instead they play it safe with stuff we've already seen before.

iNvid02

It looks boring compared to all the other, cooler locations it could have been set in. What happened to Ancient Egypt? What about Sengoku Jidai Japan? Why isn't Ubisoft willing to take a risk on these settings? Instead they play it safe with stuff we've already seen before.

yeah i've had enough of all these games based in 18th century paris

It's a similar setting to AC3 and AC4, so my point still stands. Enlightenment-era European architecture is boring.

I see them making the highlight of the game, a chapter with the ''Storming the Bastille''. Jean Pierre firing some cannons and keep R2 pressed to sprint and jump to some wigged soldiers with bayonets and start mass killing them with two button combos.

Sloane

Banned
I just wish these game werent so goddamn repettiive and boring. climbing around paris would be something that really interests me.
Yeah, same here. I already really liked the pirate setting of the last game but everything else about it just feels so dull.

Mael

French Revolution means a 87.90% reuse of Black Flag's assets. The timeframe is basically the same, so the costums, weapons and wigs can be resused. The setting and achitecture....well they don't even have to model the Eiffel tower.

I understand these proceedings, it's the easy way out. Maybe they can use the extra time to completely revamp the battle system, traversal mechanics/platforming/climbing and bring AC to modern times, because AC is not just stale, it's decaying.

Wut? Havana is like Paris's architecture?
Is this some kind of joke I'm not getting or something?

bud23

It's a similar setting to AC3 and AC4, so my point still stands.

Are you aware that we´re talking about Paris, France and not Paris, Oneida County, New York, USA? I know, insignificant clarification.

I agree that Caribbean Sea=Seine River, and yes Havana, Nassau and Kingston are very similar to Paris, I´ll give you that.

Pop

They could literally apply any era, in any setting and AC would still sell millions. I'm not even shocked anymore. It's been the same for years now.

18th century Paris has nothing to do with colonial architecture from the Caribbean at the same time...

Wut? Havana is like Paris's architecture?
Is this some kind of joke I'm not getting or something?

Havana is much more interesting than Paris, purely based on the fact that it is Carribean. Also Florence and Rome have done that era before and are its architecture is much more interesting than Paris, yea. Outside maybe of the Notre Dame, and some other churches and cathedrals Paris has a that time. I am not looking forward to climbing churches. Sorry.

Waveset

Ubi are normally pretty quick to support new hardware and control schemes, reckon we'll see VR support on either of these or, is it too early?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Havana is much more interesting than Paris, purely based on the fact that it is Carribean. Also Florence and Rome have done that era before and are its architecture is much more interesting than Paris, yea. Outside maybe of the Notre Dame, and some other churches and cathedrals Paris has a that time. I am not looking forward to climbing churches. Sorry.
You're aware that there's about 300 years separating the setting of ACII and this one, right? It's a similar period of time as between AC and ACII.

Well, Paris with a new-but-generic-looking assassin doesn't quite capture my imagination as the reveal of Black Flag did.

But I do love the The Scarlet Pimpernel and the The Three Musketeers so it might turn out okay. I hope their lack of ambition with the setting and time period is not reflected in the game systems - we really do need a better combat, traversal and stealth engine.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Looks boring.

Two shots from an early build.

"Looks boring"

1166.gif

You're aware that there's about 300 years separating the setting of ACII and this one, right? It's a similar period of time as between AC and ACII.

And what does that do? Ok you don't have Man'o'wars in ACII I give you that.

Outside of the characteristics of politics with the revolution, that 300 years doesn't change Paris that much for an AC game.

In terms of architecture in past AC games, the monuments, the most interesting like the Pantheon, San Marco Plaza and the Vatican are much older and proceeds specific AC timeframes for at least a few hundred years.

Versailles, man. What the hell are you even talking about?

1166.gif

Anyway, I hope this is the start of a new trilogy a la AC2. Give me ancient regime, revolution and Napoleon.

I eagerly await the PS4 version of the Assassin's Creed series this year. I don't care other people don't like them. They are so much fun with a lot to do even if it is "chore" work. Some people like that.

Also, the multi-player is still the only multi-player I find fun.

jcm

I hope it still has shanties. They can just claim the animus is glitching and mixing streams or something. It doesn't have to make any sense, because the rest of the story doesn't either. Down to Trinidad to see Sally Brown, boys.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I really hate the idea of a two different games for current and next gen consoles.

With call of duty, battlefield, halo, and AC all coming out the same year on new hardware, you think any of them can afford to compromise on how their title looks on new gen?

UrbanRats

Battlefield 5 is coming out this year? I was under the impression that it was a 2-year-cycle series (even though Medal of Honor is no more).

Tagg9

I didn't mean to imply that; I just meant, everyone is planning to launch their AAA brand this year... which is kind of unprecedented.

I don't get it. The games you listed all launched in 2013 - Call of Duty, Battlefield, and AC4. With the exception of Halo, but we're only getting an HD collection anyway.

Top Bottom