• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Leaked Images Reveal One Of This Fall's Two Assassin's Creed Games

injurai

Banned
They'll perfect it one of these days. Damn AC is pretty much enjoying the same treatment that MegaMan and FF enjoyed back in the day. It's going to have like 30 games eventually.

Moonlight

Banned
Thank God it wasn't Japan/China. Can't think of a more boring and uninteresting setting as that.

French revolution sounds interesting. Plenty of history there.
What?

You mean the oldest continuous civilization in the world, often among the most advanced during at least half that history, with its' distinct architecture, and very rarely seriously explored... is somehow a boring setting?

Like it doesn't have 'plenty of history'? You can't think of any way it could be more interesting than literally any other historical setting?

I'm not even that mad that they're going to the French Revolution, but China threatens to be anything but 'boring'.

Epcott

Yawn...

I feel a little more interested in Comet than Unity now.

I wish we could finally get an AC that didn't just focus on cities from one region, and allowed for globe trotting to aesthetically different cities in a single game. Like, visiting Petra in Jordan, Shanghai, and London, all in a single game. I would love the variety.

Paris seems too "more of the same", and even when we visit a neighboring city, it'll probably look just like Paris (like how Boston was a carbon copy of New York and every populated island looked like a little Havana).

okayfrog

Banned
Is anyone even remotely excited for this?
Another year another AC.... sigh.

I'm not really excited, but I do know that come December, I'll be givin' Ubisoft another $30-40 (no way I'm buying it at full price, but that doesn't stop me from being a fool and buying it).

Ya, 3 titles. Unity for current gen, comet for last and a 3rd game by an external dev who had a title release this month itself.

Have no idea about comet but i received a message from a fellow gaffer who described a a game that is completely different from unity. From what he told me, its a pirate based game set in 1758 and takes place on the atlantic ocean, you play as a english guy called shay and betray a old and bearded adewale who is his captain. If true, this should be one of the other titles for the year.

Again, this is something that was messaged to me so unlike the plane rumor i didn't see this stuff personally. I personally have no reason to trust the sender but i also no reason to believe that he would waste his time on something that wouldn't even get him any credit.

As for the game developed by the external dev mentioned in the last thread. The developer mentioned to me is so small its hard to even imagine ubisoft handing them a title like AC given they have gazzillion people working for themselves. i doubt they could even ship a AAA console title let alone a game with the size and scope ASsassins requires. So as far as i can think, its either a mobile title or its for the vita with sony footing the bill and having an external team work on it (think bl 2, black ops vita). That team has some vita experience too btw.

Very interesting. Thanks for answering!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The leaker was right again, right down to even how the logo looks.

Ubisoft needs to keep those flights in check, damn.

Thank God it wasn't Japan/China. Can't think of a more boring and uninteresting setting as that.

French revolution sounds interesting. Plenty of history there.

Japan I'm with you because it's already pretty well represented in videogames.

But China? Anywhere from 16th to 18th century China would have been amazing.

KORNdoggy

I really don't understand people who 'suffer' from franchise fatigue. It essentially does not exist for me when each game in the series has enough variation in setting and story.

Do the core mechanics not get tiring for you? Like the same, unchanged (if anything made simpler) automated free running? Or the automated, counter heavy "take turns to attack" combat system? Or the same old mission structures and collectibles? The change in characters and locations/time periods is great. But at a systems level it's the same thing, no more evolved then a re skin. The only step forward the series has seen in terms of big differences is the naval combat/boarding.

Some settings would peak my interest though, mid west america, victorian london, and feudal japan. But that's mainly because those time periods and locations would require a drastic change in their approach to combat and stealth. Be it japan forcing a more refined stealth system (actually being able to crouch, and sneak), or a western forcing new combat opportunities due to developments in handguns etc

Shadownet

Banned
Assasssin's Creed

dave-chappelle-as-rick-james.jpg

UNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTYYY!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Looks incredibly boring. I imagine this may be the iteration that just sinks the AC boat totally. Constantly skipping Victorian London just feels like insanity.

injurai

Banned
Interesting setting but I tired of this franchise long ago.

I'm thankful for it to be honest. While I would really like new IPs for these settings, AC makes it cool for the masses to take interest, which allows these games to sell and thus get funding.

Coolade

In theory everyone should be happy they are doing two AC games. One is next gen only so it's not held back by old gen hardware. And PS3/360 owners get their stale run of the mill AC game to keep them happy. It's a win win for everyone.

AHA-Lambda

In theory everyone should be happy they are doing two AC games. One is next gen only so it's not held back by old gen hardware. And PS3/360 owners get their stale run of the mill AC game to keep them happy. It's a win win for everyone.

Wouldn't it be better just to cut out the stale run of the mill one?

Surely 2 a year just leads to further fears of fatigue, burnout, saturation and also confusion to the average consumer?
I do not understand why Ubi would do this.

The fact you don't makes me wonder whether you learnt it at school, both countries have an incredibly fascinating history. Hell, even their modern histories would be fantastic.

It sounds like you haven't even bothered to go so far as to try and learn about it.

I learnt about it in school.

You guys really are defensive about my opinion huh?

It's alright guys, I don't work for Ubisoft. It may still happen. There's no need to be upset.

sjay1994

Are you not burnt out on the series yet?

Just because you burnt out, doesn't mean everyone has.

AC4 freshened up the series, and I am excited to see what they do with PS4/XBONE.

Also the two games is fine, it lets us see what they can do unshackled from the PS3/360, but doesn't mean they abandon the people who haven't upgraded yet

If the two games connect and are pretty different I would get both versions.
But as for now, I will go with the PS4 next gen version. : )

Lucreto

I know people who are excited about a game based in Japan. But sadly these people think the Ninjas they see in movies are historically accurate and will be on the Internet voicing their displeasurewhen it is nothing like it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I know people who are excited about a game based in Japan. But sadly these people think the Ninjas they see in movies are historically accurate and will be on the Internet voicing their displeasurewhen it is nothing like it.

Yeah, it's nothing historically accurate like...the pope fistfighting a contract killer using future past alien technomagic.

Is anyone even remotely excited for this?
Another year another AC.... sigh.
After how surprisingly good IV turned out to be, I'm down for more. Though, I need to actually see the gameplay before I decide whether they'll be purchases or rentals. The setting for these games can do a lot for me.

Olaf

Banned
Paris?

I'm interested. Saboteur was fantastic. Assassins Creed in a similar setting would be great.

Would be the first one I've bought since 2. The best Ass Creed.

Ugh, they're still making these...

Is what I think when I read posts that begin that way in AC threads. The games are good, and make money, and make substantial changes entry to entry. Get over it.

Top Bottom