• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: The Two-Year Mystery Is Over: Glittermitten Grove is Frog Fractions 2

Murugo

I always suspected that the Eye Sigil ARG had something to do with Frog Fractions, but now that it's true I'm a bit disappointed. The outcome of that was a password to a secret portal which contained links to a couple pointless videos. Then the rest of the reveal took place offline. The "side" ARG felt more or less like a one-year long slap in the face.

I feel like I'm so close to the end...
Chatting with a non-English speaker, understand most of the language.
This one ain't the easiest!

ElFly

Question for people in the game already: is Glittermitten Grove worth $20?

it is worth $20 for not having it spoiled it for you, as it becomes more popular. the
ME2
save was a nice surprise and it is being spammed on my twitter timeline. got there just in time to see it by myself in game

other than that, it is hard to say; it is more of a game now, and actually quite difficult at parts. that may or may not be good for you if you are in only for the jokes/surreal experience, but there's also a chance you may not like the game itself -beyond the faerie portion I mean-

it is p funny

Plasma

Banned
I've just got the white key but I'm not sure what to do now, the only two things that I know I have left to do is one of the [0] minigame blocks in the castle where there are some green locks you have to jump on but I can't get up there. Then the other thing is the yellow key for the employees area of the gift shop but I have no idea where I can find the key.

I've just got the white key but I'm not sure what to do now, the only two things that I know I have left to do is one of the [0] minigame blocks in the castle where there are some green locks you have to jump on but I can't get up there. Then the other thing is the yellow key for the employees area of the gift shop but I have no idea where I can find the key.
Late game spoilers/response -
Get the green key from the castle and then take the bridge to the employee area between the specified time.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So, still playing the actually pretty awesome resource management game. I appear to be stuck. Any assistance appreciated.
I've dug down so far the screen doesn't scroll any more. What am I missing? I'm waiting for the weirdness.

bounchfx

Edit: Beat it, ok it's just memes. People paid 20 for a sequel to this!?

Is it? Is it really just memes? Because that confirms my feelings that literally anything is regarded as a meme these days

I could have sworn when I played it that it was just a surprising and ridiculous game with fun ideas. But I guess not; just memes lel

BiggNife

So now that a day has passed, do people know if there's an easy way to beeline to the entrance to FF2 in Glittermitten Grove?

It honestly seems like a pretty competent building sim but I just have no interest in that kind of game. I backed FF2 to play FF2.

ElFly

So now that a day has passed, do people know if there's an easy way to beeline to the entrance to FF2 in Glittermitten Grove?

It honestly seems like a pretty competent building sim but I just have no interest in that kind of game. I backed FF2 to play FF2.

just start the game and use your initial crystals to build the thing to gather sparkles; remember to put it super high so it always gets sunlight or cut branches as necessary

with one of those you can launch a bunch of fireworks; and with two you can firework almost non stop. you also need wood for the torches

for me it was p deep but basically under the initial building I think. think it would have been 10 minutes of play if I had been trying for it

Is it? Is it really just memes? Because that confirms my feelings that literally anything is regarded as a meme these days

I could have sworn when I played it that it was just a surprising and ridiculous game with fun ideas. But I guess not; just memes lel

It was quite literally nonsense for the sake of nonsense. I don't know what else to tell you. The whole structure of it's humor seemed to be based around the sort of humor you find in memes. Sorry for not liking a thing you did. If there were some deeper underlying humor going on I completely missed it.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
So... did this game end up being any good? Or was it just a 2 year in the making flash game?

LordHuffnPuff

Neo Member

butts

Frog Factions is not "just memes."

Ferrio

Banned
*Place house on branch*
*Branch breaks, faerie house plummets to the ground splintering into wood*

"Welp didn't expect that"

It's actually a fun little game, after I get through the FF2 portion I'm going to play the faerie game. It's like building treehouses in bonsai trees. Balancing the tree right, cutting branches that are blocking light etc.

BiggNife

It was quite literally nonsense for the sake of nonsense. I don't know what else to tell you. The whole structure of it's humor seemed to be based around the sort of humor you find in memes. Sorry for not liking a thing you did. If there were some deeper underlying humor going on I completely missed it.

Look man, it's fine if you don't get the humor, but saying "it's just memes" objectively is not true. People said the same thing about Undertale and there is maybe one part in that entire game that can be classified as meme humor.

zeopower6

Oh apparently to get into FF2 without using the door in the sky or in the ground, there's a bit of a 'skip'.

Type butts while playing GG and it'll start FF2

Look man, it's fine if you don't get the humor, but saying "it's just memes" objectively is not true. People said the same thing about Undertale and there is maybe one part in that entire game that can be classified as meme humor.

Ok, yeah it isn't literally all there is to it. There's a few sections that parodied certain game types too and I may have missed a bit of commentary while swimming around Mars due to volume. I dunno I guess I just expected something more for it to have the status it does.

Honestly when it swapped over to making me type words to catch bugs I think it set the bar higher in my mind than it went in the end.

bounchfx

shrug, I don't care if you liked it or not, really. It was more that I just find it funny what 'memes' have become to many. They used to mean something, dammit! Haha. A specific internet joke or thing that got wildly popular would become one, but now it's quite literally anything that people want to use the word on, usually reserved for quite bad humor, as opposed to what memes used to represent. I'm just nostalgic for the memes of days past, I suppose, baha.

but in FF itself.. none of those things were memes. It's fine if you don't like it though. It's certainly not for everyone and that's no surprise.

shrug, I don't care if you liked it or not, really. It was more that I just find it funny what 'memes' have become to many. They used to mean something, dammit! Haha. A specific internet joke or thing that got wildly popular would become one, but now it's quite literally anything that people want to use the word on, usually reserved for quite bad humor, as opposed to what memes used to represent. I'm just nostalgic for the memes of days past, I suppose, baha.

but in FF itself.. none of those things were memes. It's fine if you don't like it though. It's certainly not for everyone and that's no surprise.

That's where wires crossed for me I think. I thought this had attained quite a lot of fame in that sense and that I'd just missed the buzz at the time. I wasn't even so much I disliked it, more I really liked how it flipped things on it's head at first with changing to words, but then it didn't go as far with it as I was hoping and lost it's steam as it went on. I was hoping for really abstract idea of gameplay following from that but it seemed to lean heavier to humor as it went on instead. Just went a different way than I was hoping.

To be honest I can see why people would be interested in a sequel because there was potential in there, but I'd struggle to pay $20 for it personally.

Pejo

Not going to read much of this thread since I want to go in blind, but I'm glad it's finally been found. Really disappointed that Shower With Your Dad Simulator wasn't a part of it though, I thought for sure that would be coming back around.

Anyways, see you on the other side GAF, picking this up later tonight.

Alec

Did anyone find the purple Up Arrow?

The only thing I haven't done (to my knowledge) is unlock every character in Biker Chicks...and as much as I love the music, I really don't want to do this.

I like the meta parts but I hate the ZZ shit.

Yeah, it's too much of an "actual" game now. I've gotten stuck a few times which sucks all of the fun out of it. The original FF was short, but it kept moving and never stayed on any one thing too long. That was part of its brilliance. I'm pretty bored of the TXT WORLD stuff.

Alec

For me it's missing these, can you please help? I can see both of them, but didn't manage to reach it :(

http://i.imgur.com/SQPRkir.png

Where did you find the purple Up Arrow? :-O

Purple √ - http://imgur.com/a/NT3eA

Purple ì - http://imgur.com/a/rGNBm (Must *not* be in possession of the sword and must enter from the bottom-right of the screen. You must lure the ä's up towards the boulder (0) in the middle-left, then run past them all the way to the right. They will be hot on your tail.)

mrqs

Where did you find the purple Up Arrow? :-O

Purple √ - http://imgur.com/a/NT3eA

Purple ì - http://imgur.com/a/rGNBm (Must *not* be in possession of the sword and must enter from the bottom-right of the screen. You must lure the ä's up towards the boulder (0) in the middle-left, then run past them all the way to the right. They will be hot on your tail.)

Thank you so much! :)

Just one more thing, how do i get to be without a sword?

Alec

Just unlocked every character in Biker Chicks (except the supposed "Kickstarter exclusive" one, which I can't find any reference to in any of the backer tiers). Nothing happens. :-\

Thank you so much! :)

Just one more thing, how do i get to be without a sword?

Exit your game with the Escape key, then go back in and click "Continue". You'll plop right back into TXT World. Your whole inventory will be saved in the top-left Storage area on the first screen. Just don't pick up the sword.

MarquesZero, where did you find the purple Up Arrow? Please. :)

mrqs

Just unlocked every character in Biker Chicks (except the supposed "Kickstarter exclusive" one, which I can't find any reference to in any of the backer tiers). Nothing happens. :-\

Exit your game with the Escape key, then go back in and click "Continue". You'll plop right back into TXT World. Your whole inventory will be saved in the top-left Storage area on the first screen. Just don't pick up the sword.

MarquesZero, where did you find the purple Up Arrow? Please. :)

Sorry man, i just can't remember :( They were so many of them and i was so confused for the longest time, i don't even know where i got.

I'm literally stuck here, THERE'S NO WAY http://i.imgur.com/T01AqLD.png

Alec

Sorry man, i just can't remember :( They were so many of them and i was so confused for the longest time, i don't even know where i got.

I'm literally stuck here, THERE'S NO WAY http://i.imgur.com/T01AqLD.png

Dangit. :(

You have to move up towards the boulder so they start coming after you, then move back towards the entrance to the screen (so they're up near the boulder) then you run past them. It took me a little bit but that's how I did it.

Alec

GOT IT!

But... I missed one somewhere :( http://i.imgur.com/DBT2w6f.png

http://imgur.com/a/RFzvV

Did you get this? Go in with the sword and then use it Scrooge McDuck-style to get enough height to grab it in the top-right.

Also, if you haven't gotten this mind-stone yet, you must go in without being in possession of the Green Key and you must be full on gems. That way, you can jump on the Green Locks without opening them and then you can jump on the gems without collecting them.

Man I wish you were recording your gameplay or something. I've been scouring streams to find someone else who has grabbed the purple Up Arrow and I haven't seen a single other person who has it.

EDIT: Lol, just found it. Gotta push this dude down and he'll "find" it for you. http://imgur.com/a/viMyD

Top Bottom