• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOTOR PC, why is this game so buggy

The patch fixed some of the bugs I encountered, but the game is still siezing up on random load screens. Whats the deal, im only about an hour in, but i've had the game sieze up about 3 times now

The game definetly has issues. If you're using an ATI card, Catalyst 4.2 is the driver to have. A couple of the later ones were completely broke on the Dattoine?? level. Like .1 FPS. It seems each driver had its own pleasant goodies, but 4.2 was the best (least annoying). Think the latest driver I tried was 4.7. So maybe the last couple have fixed the problems.

Sander

Check the Bioware Kotor forums, especially Technical Support. A lot of info there.

I can't continue my game because the game won't load the next area, ugh. I've tried everything. Anyone know a place where I can download savegames? At least I can then see the rest of the game since I'm not that far into it.

Sander said:
Check the Bioware Kotor forums, especially Technical Support. A lot of info there.

I can't continue my game because the game won't load the next area, ugh. I've tried everything. Anyone know a place where I can download savegames? At least I can then see the rest of the game since I'm not that far into it.

I only had this problem VERY late in the game. I got to an auto-save/go to the next area loading screen and it kept hanging. I managed to turn off the auto-save feature in the menus (though even this feature seemed broken) and that got me past the one area where the auto-save was hanging the game.

Newbie said:
would the driver actually cause the game to crash, i havn't been having any graphical problems

One of the drivers I was using was causing this to happen A LOT during loading. Like I said, there's no perfect driver, but the KOTOR forums stated 4.2 was the best driver and my experience says its true. A couple of the mid 4.s had the 2 or 3rd level completely unplayable - The one with the "wheat" fields. (So if you're using one of those, you're gonna have to switch anyway).

Sander

Newbie said:
would the driver actually cause the game to crash, i havn't been having any graphical problems
Yes, I think is has something to do with the loading of textures into the video memory.

ravingloon said:
I only had this problem VERY late in the game. I got to an auto-save/go to the next area loading screen and it kept hanging. I managed to turn off the auto-save feature in the menus (though even this feature seemed broken) and that got me past the one area where the auto-save was hanging the game.
Yeah it hangs at the saving part, so auto-save was the first thing I disabled. Doesn't work though :(

Top Bottom