• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KPop-GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikkemenx

Watched the Sixth Sense MV. Damn, BEG just brought it. Doesn't top Abracadabra but it's convinced me that they're my favourite KPop girl group.

Blablurn

yeah, sixth sense is a pretty good album. nothing revolutionary, but pretty good. i like it a lot too.

and fuck yea @ clazziquai love. they are awesome and i would love to see something new.

Ashhong

Sealda said:
The only reason BEG and Nega can play in the big league is because of Abracadabra and G.Sound. If their new album bombs then i can imagine them falling apart. Its 2 years since G.Sound and for the last 2 years they have lived under the thought of them being one of the "big ones". The members have been able to have solo-campaigns etc. However, its 2 years since G.Sound and its time to renew that "big one" status of theirs. With the money, emotions and hard work gone into this album i think it would be a huge setback if they fail. I mean, what happens if they barely hits Top 5 for a week or two. Will they retire with the few money they earned for another 2 years? I am pretty sure BEGs new album have the same budget if not larger (its likely) than SNSD, T-aras stuff.

The problem is that BEG have not competed for 2 years now.
They are 30 years old.
They are from a small record company who basically relies on their success.
They have had 1.5 smash-hits in the past.
They have a brave new concept that we do not know if it will make it or not.

My prognosis.

Highest number: 2 to 4 for both single and album. (Gaon charts)

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/09/brown-eyed-girls-grab-an-all-kill-with-sixth-sense

The Brown Eyed Girls are already showing their force with their comeback through music.

The Brown Eyed Girls, composed of Jea, Miryo, Narsha, and Ga-in, released their 4th official album with the title track, “Sixth Sense“, on September 23rd. It is the first album released with new songs in 2 years.

As of September 24th, 1:30PM KST, “Sixth Sense” is sweeping the number 1 spot on various major music charts, such as Melon, Mnet, and Bugs. The overwhelming response speaks for the high expectations the fans are holding for their return.

The Brown Eyed Girls’ agency stated, “The title track, “Sixth Sense”, expresses the need to escape from the boundaries of the 5 human senses”, and that “The style is very free and it will be an anomaly in the current structure of music”.

Alex from Clazziquai did an interview recently saying that Clazziquai "isn't a group" but that he and Horan were basically instruments for DJ Clazzi to use to make music. I guess that means if we want more Clazziquai we better hope DJ Clazzi gets his act together. Alex and Horan have a pretty decent set of solo/side projects however. Alex seems to be more popular, but I actually prefer Horan's work in Ibadi over his solo stuff.

If you like Clazziquai check out W & Whale, who are label mates of Clazziquai on Fluxus. Hopefully Clazziquai does something new as it's been quite a while since their last release.

cj_iwakura

By the by, you should get the Clazziquai Edition of DJ MAX on the PSP if you like the group. All the system music was done by Clazzi, and it's got some of their best music on there, like Love Mode, Come To Me, Robotica(not playable :( ) and some originals.

Are Alex and Horan bilingual? Their English is really good.

Peru

Yeah, this BEG comeback is the k-pop event of the year. Knew it would be 110% perfect when they entered the stage with Hot Shot. Everything works, everything fits them.

Speaking of killer girls, watched the last episode of KILLER K, and ho- ly shit. Some brutal stuff there, to the point where I was emotionally unstable when
she killed the poor mole and her boo was following behind
. Amazing stuff, though, great climax with
I'm your faaather
and the biggest WTF final shot ever. WTF was that?

Salazar

Kyon said:
and as expected the Kweens obliterated every Kpop comeback this year. Your faves aren't safe

yZdqI.gif

Kara win Inkigayo. Awesome performance.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/09/kara-wins-inkigayo-mutizen-other-performances-from-september-25th

cj_iwakura

cloudwalking said:
wow, they kicked ass. the long note/scream at the end gave me chills, they absolutely nailed it.

Good performance, but what was that mark on her face? It looked like a bad scratch.

Sealda

Banned
Found a really beautiful ballad from the 90s.

By Lee So Eun (이소은) named Parting(작별).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIQlgbJYb-s

20110522_1306042999_80910800_2.jpg

Was apparantly very big in the 90s, lately been working as a lawyer.

Singer Lee So-eun will get to pursue her dream of becoming an international human rights lawyer. The smart and talented singer was accepted at four law schools in the United States – Northwestern, Cornell, Georgetown, and Notre Dame. After much pondering, she has decided to go to Northwestern situated near Chicago to study international human rights and copyrights laws.Since graduating from Korea University in February, 2007 with a bachelor’s degree in English literature, Lee has been preparing for her applications to law schools by taking LSAT, writing personal essays, and asking for recommendations.

Kinda cool to see that a pop star can integrate back to society successfully.

Live version 2000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRz3CLM3bto

live version from 2011 (not as good instrumental) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqNAHtW9BSE&NR=1

Peru

Looking at the SNSD album tracklist it suggests a typical Korean k-pop album, in other words filler heavy and directionless. Excited about the single, cautious about the album. I think their JP one was all we got in that regard. That release is the first reason to actually want them to continue focusing on Japan.

Sealda

Banned
I am now fully convinced that Sixth Sense is Jeas masterpiece (in a bad way).

Narsha and Gain both got their Solo albums, Jea did not get any, instead she got to have full control of Brown Eyed Girls whole album and comeback. I hate to hate on BEG but both Gain and Narshas solo mini-albums were better than Sixth Sense. Sixth Sense is an awesome production but the actual songs are terrible. 불편한 진실 and Lovemotion are good songs but nothing special.

Sealda

Banned
I feel i am always so damn late with discovering stuff. Songs i despise at first later grows on me. Just realized how awesome the Girls Do It+ So Cool performances are. The latest Sistar promotion was so hot, glamorous and typical Sistar "Let loose"-esque.

sistar9-copy.jpg

T-ara has beaten SNSD's first-week sales for a debut single by a k-pop group in Japan.

'Genie' sold 44907 copies.
'Bo Peep Bo Peep' sold 47864 copies.

Firo

Sealda said:
Is it a performance by K-pop groups or a musical made up of K-pop? Anyway, i have a hard time the regular Vegas visitor would want K-pop.
Pretty sure it's the actual K-pop groups. B2ST / G.NA / 4 MINUTE / TVXQ were announced last week and more to be announced soon.

Ashhong

broadwayrock said:
T-ara has beaten SNSD's first-week sales for a debut single by a k-pop group in Japan.

'Genie' sold 44907 copies.
'Bo Peep Bo Peep' sold 47864 copies.

But will their album beat SNSD's (I think) record setting sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom