• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L.A. Times: Downtown Los Angeles hasn't seen this much construction since the 1920s

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRéN

I always enjoy threads about dtla since it's interesting seeing the difference in posts from long time residents and recent transplants with money.

But the real joy comes from the fact that every time I see some article about downtown I can't help but picture the video homer plays for his family about Cypress Creek.

milanbaros

Member?
I think this is mirrored in NY and London too. I remember reading inner city construction is at long term highs in both.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder what will be the first metropolis in the world to go full-Coruscant, because there doesn't seem to be an end to this in sight. NY's got a lot of heritage sites to protect but it probably has a leg up.

Fellated by foreign interests while the homeless are fucked out of housing and the middle class continues to be outpriced. Los Angeles is a shitbowl but shout out to Farsi Cafe and Katsuya for feeding our privileged foodie bellies

Pretty much this. No one in their right mind is going to want to purchase a studio for 700K in one of these luxury high rises. It's basically going to be like NYC, where foreigners purchase property as a means of stashing their money. Garcetti don't give a shit and never did .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom