• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Langrisser I and II remakes announced for PS4 and Switch

Shouta

It was just announced that Langrisser I and II will be getting a full remake from top to bottom for the PS4 and Switch. More information will be announced on Aug 29th.

Character designs will be all new and done by Ryou Nagi, who did the designs for Ar Tonelico. Noriyuki Iwadare is returning to do the music.

Source: https://gematsu.com/2018/08/langrisser-i-ii-full-remakes-announced-for-ps4-switch

I'm really excited for this!

pramod

Banned
I'm all onboard on this if it's even half as good as the Assault Suits Leynos/Target Earth remake.

Last edited:

Durask

I read somewhere that Satoshi Urushihara is not available these days, supposedly has vision problems. :pie_frowning:

I think Ar Tonelico guy is OK the problem is that he is trying too hard to copy old designs. However, his art is OK and it is gameplay that will make or break this game.

Shouta

I read somewhere that Satoshi Urushihara is not available these days, supposedly has vision problems. :pie_frowning:

I think Ar Tonelico guy is OK the problem is that he is trying too hard to copy old designs. However, his art is OK and it is gameplay that will make or break this game.

Is that the case? I'll have to do some searching. It'd suck if Urushihara was having vision problems nowdays. ;(

Shouta

Oh, that's really neat then. I'm glad Urushihara's art will be available. I wish it wasn't DLC but I guess if you pick up the game at launch, you'll get it anyway. It's just the folks that buy it used that are kinda of screwed.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
So this is finally out in Japan. Any word on US release? Anything censored in the PS4 version? US getting the limited box?

bigedole

The old art looks a lot like Growlanser. Looked up gameplay, I will definitely try these if they make their way out west!

I really enjoyed Langrisser II on the Megadrive, I've never played any of the sequels or remakes so I'd consider giving this a shot.

I was expecting a lot worse for the new artwork, it seems 'ok' to me, not amazing but not offensively low quality. Original artwork is obviously better, interesting that they are making it DLC to gouge the purists among their fanbase, which is probably a large percentage for a niche TRPG series like this.

Last edited:

bigedole

I'm just happy to see a TRPG remaster of a game I haven't played yet! I'm very hungry for these types of games.

Pejo

I liked the recently released mobile game, but it got super ultra grindy very quickly. I'd definitely give the proper series a shot. Shame about the artist, I loved the unabashedly 80s anime aesthetic of the series.

Top Bottom