• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light |OT| - Play This GOTY Contender

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
UrbanRats said:
Man the "kill all enemies on the columns" goal, in stage 8 is impossible(improbable, let's say)..
Someone here did it? How?
I did it in single player - I was using the High Power Single Shot Rifle at the time since it was the only weapon I had then which one-shotted them... but yeah, a later game weapon with both spread and power like the Golden Shotgun sounds like the way to go.

I think I had 2 artifacts increasing speed and when I wasn't firing or jumping I spent the entire time rolling. :lol It looks goofy but it is considerably faster than running and let me clear the level with time to spare, even when having to aim for the guys on the columns.

seat

Finally snatched this game up yesterday when it went on sale on XBLA, and I daresay this game is better than any Tomb Raider I've played!

bee

lets get the bad out of the way first, the netcode, whoever is responsible for this shit needs punching in the face repeatedly and firing for incompetence. kaillera which basically bodges netplay into 20 year old arcade games works better than this shit, me and my friend ping 18ms to each other in dos, yet the lag in this game is laughable

with that out of the way, this game is different fucking class, and was an absolute joy to play. played it on pc but on a hdtv with a 360 controller, it looks superb maxed out with 16xaa. i mean we will play anything in co-op as it generally makes even the shittiest of games fun, but the co-op in this game is like nothing i've ever experienced before, the puzzles and general level design are some of the best i've seen in 25 years of gaming, definitely game of the year for me

I figure I will ask here cos I dont really know where else to ask.. but I bought the PSN version, and go to download and it says its only 6KB and says I have purchased it already, please press download. So I do, it "downloads" the 6KB, installs it and then nothing. No idea whats going on.

I really enjoyed the demo on PSN the other day, I played solo and I can only imagine how fun online co-op will be.

Even though I am not a huge fan of the right analog being your fire "button" The controls were pretty damn good an got used to them quick.

Played a few levels with my GF tonight and we had a blast- the co-op mechanics are so perfect. It's probably blasphemy to say this... but I wish Diablo 3 would include some co-op mechanics too, it really adds a level of immersion to the game.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Kawaii said:
Am i the only one who thinks this is unplayable with KB/Mouse? I picked it up during steam sale but this plays awful.

It wasn't a great experience. Luckily I have a wired 360 pad.

BrettWeir

Kawaii said:
Am i the only one who thinks this is unplayable with KB/Mouse? I picked it up during steam sale but this plays awful.

Have had no issues with Mouse, but I use a Logitech G13 instead of KB.

My frame rate is TERRIBLE with this game. Makes no sense.

Ceebs

Something about this game is causing me to go systematically go through every level and get every item, powerup and weapon. I never do the completionist stuff in any game, but here it's ended up being more fun than blazing through the game the first time.

One of the best 5 dollar gaming purchases I have made. The Netcode is garbage however.

Fixed1979

I've been playing this in 3D over the last couple days after picking it up from Steam for cheap. I would recommend this game for anyone who's using 3D vision. After some minor tweaking it's on the list for one of my favorite 3D games. Very good game and very pretty 3D (with some occasional issues).

derFeef

Everytime I try to play this with a friend we stop after 10 minutes. The weapons do never work proberly, especially the spear. My friend shoots a spear into the wall but all I see is him shooting in the wall with a normal gun, no spear for me. Same with weapon usage - he uses the flamethrower, but all I see is him doing the throw-spear motion and it does not register his kills at all.

Vard

Finally played the demo and was certainly impressed with the gameplay. I imagine this is a really fun game to play in local co-op too.

StayUp

Nice, will try it out now. I just checked and i also have Challenge Pack 2, did they previously give it away for free?

bathala

Banned
finished this game with my brother during the holidays.

FUCKING AWESOME PUZZLES. My brother and I always go *oh shit, that's how u solve it*

I've noticed that the Raziel & Kain character pack, and also the challenge packs have gone up on Steam recently. They're selling for £1.99, which is about 230MS points. I would love to see CD justify why I should pay 400 points - 47p less than double - just for buying the game on a different platform.

Ceebs

MarshMellow96 said:
I've noticed that the Raziel & Kain character pack, and also the challenge packs have gone up on Steam recently. They're selling for £1.99, which is about 230MS points. I would love to see CD justify why I should pay 400 points - 47p less than double - just for buying the game on a different platform.
Sounds like the UK got the best deal on them. The packs are 3.50 on the US store so you get them 1.50 cheaper compared to the console version.

bathala said:
finished this game with my brother during the holidays.

FUCKING AWESOME PUZZLES. My brother and I always go *oh shit, that's how u solve it*

LMAO what puzzles? you and your brother must be really slow.
I finished it solo...

Unregistered007 said:
LMAO what puzzles? you and your brother must be really slow.
I finished it solo...

Classy.

Ceebs said:
Sounds like the UK got the best deal on them. The packs are 3.50 on the US store so you get them 1.50 cheaper compared to the console version.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were a mistake..

Aurelius

Just finished it (solo). I can honestly say that I haven't had this much fun with a Tomb Raider games since Tomb Raider 2. :D Now the co-op mode and remaining challenges!

Ricker

I`m stuck playing solo now in the level after the Big Boss you have to run away from...there`s a section with the big guys with shields,the annoying monsters that never really die and a bunch of others that seem to appear non stop,while I have to pull on one of those wall switches that releases some floor panel that are on a timer of a few seconds only....yep,it kept some of the old TR gimmicks anyway hehe...

Ricker

What`s a good FAQ for this without spoilers....i`m really not grasping the puzzles after the Fiery Passage level,the one where you have to find 8 balls to block the holes on fire...oh and the cheevos for this are hard,I just beat a Boss and nothing hehe...

Dizzy-4U

Played local co-op with a friend last night. What an amazing game. Tons tons of fun.

I'm already thinking in buying the DLC so I was wondering, since the Kane & Lynch characters have their own voices (which was a very nice surprise I might add), is it the same for Raziel & Kain?

ArjanN

Dizzy-4U said:
Played local co-op with a friend last night. What an amazing game. Tons tons of fun.

I'm already thinking in buying the DLC so I was wondering, since the Kane & Lynch characters have their own voices (which was a very nice surprise I might add), is it the same for Raziel & Kain?

yes, but the voice work is recycled from previous Legacy of Kain games.

soultron

Banned
Finally got a chance to finish this over the past few nights. Resumed from the Poison Swamps and finish the last levels over the course of two days.

I'm still blown away by how good this game is. I'm ashamed to admit that the sale was the only thing that got me interested, but once I got past my initial assumptions of "It's just another Tomb Raider game," I was floored.

Definitely one of my favourite games this generation. Fantastic execution and design. Really puts Tomb Raider on the map for me again and has me excited for the reboot.

Bumping this for an odd question. Either I'm an idiot or I'm missing something (or both) when it comes to resuming a local co-op game.

I can choose any level I've already reached when I resume a single player game. But when I choose multiplayer, it seems to force me to start from the beginning. I read something about a "drop-in" two-player option but I couldn't get the second player to register with any button on the second controller after starting a single-player game...

What am I doing wrong GAF?

Cels

RadarScope1 said:
Bumping this for an odd question. Either I'm an idiot or I'm missing something (or both) when it comes to resuming a local co-op game.

I can choose any level I've already reached when I resume a single player game. But when I choose multiplayer, it seems to force me to start from the beginning. I read something about a "drop-in" two-player option but I couldn't get the second player to register with any button on the second controller after starting a single-player game...

What am I doing wrong GAF?

multi is separate from single, if you've never reached level 5 on multiplayer then you will have to play through multiplayer in order to reach level 5.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Bought this during the sale a few weeks ago.. played it co-op with a friend and wow, it was fantastic! Still working through it, but the level designs, puzzles, challenges... are all so awesome. It's just a really well-designed game, and just MADE for co-op play. Only thing I don't like is that occasionally the controls get a bit janky (like when rappeling up a wall or wall running. This is easily the best Tomb Raider ever.

Cels said:
multi is separate from single, if you've never reached level 5 on multiplayer then you will have to play through multiplayer in order to reach level 5.

Not sure I understand this answer. Is there a checkpoint of sorts at level 5? I played through at least the first four levels with a friend (maybe five or six) but when I try to go back and pick up where I left off -- it's back to the beginning. What am I missing?

Top Bottom