• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light |OT| - Play This GOTY Contender

Dynoro

electroshockwave said:
Must not be on the UK store or I just can't find it by search. Is there no co-op? $13.99 seems kind of steep.
The itunes description implies it is co-op but I've no idea if this is true or any good. Bare in mind that price is for New Zealand I believe the US price is $10. I suspect it will propagate out to all stores over the next few hours

Vyer

So, just to clarify, the XBLA version includes online coop now, correct? Is it working? I want to get this so a buddy and I can play but it would be online.

duckroll

Hahahahahahhaha, so they randomly released an ipad version as well with zero marketing or even announcing such a product being in development? Eidos can really suck a turd for this game. :lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Vyer said:
So, just to clarify, the XBLA version includes online coop now, correct? Is it working? I want to get this so a buddy and I can play but it would be online.
Yep, the online co-op works now. Try it with a friend...it's the most fun thing ever.

By the way the Relic in the Spider Tomb level was cleverly hidden. Holy shit. If you've played it and looked for it, you know what I'm talking about. :lol

duckroll said:
Hahahahahahhaha, so they randomly released an ipad version as well with zero marketing or even announcing such a product being in development? Eidos can really suck a turd for this game. :lol
The hell, right? Beyond frustrating.

TripOpt55

I got the Tomb Raider trophy for this game today. I was working through getting everything fairly easy except this one relic. I had gone through the level a few times without finding it so I went on and finished up everything else. I finally found it when I went back tonight. It was this one:

Rewrite said:
By the way the Relic in the Spider Tomb level was cleverly hidden. Holy shit. If you've played it and looked for it, you know what I'm talking about. :lol
Seriously, that was pretty tricky. Anyway, I still need to go back and get the co-op trophies and really just play it some more co-op. I haven't had a chance to do so except for a level and that was before the trophies decided to install for me.

Tokubetsu

Man, I'm stuck in one of those hidden temples. You have to jump a ball up a level with the mines I'm assuming but that doesn't work. There are 3 spore things near by as well.

Danneee

Wow this game is awesome! And I'm really glad i bought it on PS3 instead of the Steam version. Only bother is that it should let you switch R1-R2, the trigger button is just placed wrong if you're used to playing with a 360 controller...

The_Dude

Rewrite said:
I went through that level four times before looking online. Turns out I'd gone to the right place, but I must have hit a bug since Lara just suddenly dropped dead when I went there. I assumed that it must be a place you're not supposed to go to.

Only problem with an otherwise awesome game, though!

Tokubetsu said:
Man, I'm stuck in one of those hidden temples. You have to jump a ball up a level with the mines I'm assuming but that doesn't work. There are 3 spore things near by as well.

Use the spores to your advantage, they have good explosive (read: pushing) power.

Mr_Zombie

Rewrite said:

Where is the relic? I've been looking for it everywhere several times and couldn't find it :/

ArjanN

Mr_Zombie said:
Where is the relic? I've been looking for it everywhere several times and couldn't find it :/

You need to extend the bridge all the way, then backtrack to the first counterweight, it will lower when you jump on it letting you get to the relic.

Getting the Tomb Raider achievement was fun, it actually makes you realize how well done the level design is, and you miss out on a bunch of optional puzzles if you're only looking to beat the game quickly.

KAL2006

Banned
Just started this game with a buddy and finished the first 4 levels. I am having a blast, it's a well designed co-op game. I not really a fan of Tomb Raider, are any of the Tomb Raider games on console as good as this.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
KAL2006 said:
Just started this game with a buddy and finished the first 4 levels. I am having a blast, it's a well designed co-op game. I not really a fan of Tomb Raider, are any of the Tomb Raider games on console as good as this.
Anniversary. Game is amazing.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Hahahaha, it seems that relic is the trickiest/well hidden one throughout the whole game. :D

So me and my buddy are trying to 100% this, and my god...there's this one speed challenge where you're supposed to finish the level in 5 minutes or less. Holy shit, man. That's probably the hardest challenge we've ever done in the game. There's just so many areas where you can fuck up that completely screw you over. Anyway, I present to all of you my (I'm pretty sure it's my friend's too) greatest achievement of the year:

pT0We.jpg

It took us over like 10 tries to finally do this speed run and let me tell you, it felt fucking AMAZING finally getting it and we only had one more second left to boot! :lol

Laekon

This game got my inetrest recently but I've been waiting for a sale to buy it. Is there any reason to buy this on 1 platform vs another? I have a decent pc and a 360 hooked up to a SD tv. Steam has it on sale so I'm leaning that way.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Laekon said:
This game got my inetrest recently but I've been waiting for a sale to buy it. Is there any reason to buy this on 1 platform vs another? I have a decent pc and a 360 hooked up to a SD tv. Steam has it on sale so I'm leaning that way.
The PC version is a steal at 7.50$.

Salaadin

Sale on Steam today for $5.10 OR if you own another Tomb Raider game on Steam, you can get it for $3.60. Discount applied at checkout.

Is there a healthy gaf PC community for this? I just double dipped with the PC version. Steam ID is Salpal.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
anyone in usa who has a TR game on steam? Could you help me out? its only $3.60 if you gift and i can paypal immediately.

Im from EU and its around $7 here converted :|

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
So, I just completed the single player campaign... my brother watched me play the last 3 stages and it got him interested enough that we'll start on co-op tomorrow.

That one challenge room with "get a hole in one" #2 was just... yeah. :lol And the late game weapons/unlocks were delightfully OP - my brother suggested that I go back and test out all of the new items on the poor t-rex from The Summoning, that was interesting. :D

Thanks to GAF for all of the recommendations for this game, it's turned out to be one of my favorites of the year... and the best is yet to come thanks to co-op? Can't wait.

Haeleos

Tiduz said:
anyone in usa who has a TR game on steam? Could you help me out? its only $3.60 if you gift and i can paypal immediately.

Im from EU and its around $7 here converted :|

Doesn't work. I have a TR game and it doesn't let me gift it at that price.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Me and my buddy finally 100% the whole game tonight. Feels so great.

That one challenge where you're supposed to score a hole in one in the Mirror's Wake can go fuck itself along with the challenge of putting the ball in 15 seconds or less in the fire hole. Those two challenges were complete bullshit and not fun at all. We must have tried over 80 tries on both of them just to do them. If there's ever more DLC planned later on or a future installment, please avoid these types of frustrating challenges. Final boss fight was pretty easy, but very awesome trying to avoid everything.

Anony, the single player campaign and the co-op campaign are different in how you solve each of the puzzles. That's what is great about it because the way you solved a certain puzzle while playing alone is different when you play it with another person.

Edit: By the way, I was wondering why the unlockable costumes were only for Lara. Why couldn't Totec have at least one unlockable costume? No love for him I swear.

Oh yeah, the Kane & Lynch ending > Lara & Totec's ending. :lol

Seanspeed

Banned
Well I went out yesterday and got 1600 points so I could download the game, since it was only 600 points on XboxLive for one day only. And then I completely forgot to freakin download it once I got home.

Mihku

Marty Chinn said:
Any sale expected on PSN? Debating if I should jump on the 360 version or not.

It is on sale in Europe, no idea about the US or other regions:

- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £7.19/€8.99)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
UrbanRats said:
Man the "kill all enemies on the columns" goal, in stage 8 is impossible(improbable, let's say)..
Someone here did it? How?
I did it with a friend. I'd grab one side and my buddy would grab the other. It must be impossible doing it by yourself. I used those pistols that shoot very fast (forgot the name). You kill the enemies with like 3 shots.

Edit:

I just checked the OP. Does it look weird for anyone else? The first picture is so fucked up for me.

RustyO

RustyO said:
XBox : Says 600 points on the main screen, then when I go to buy says 1,200 points...

Bait and switch? :lol

Confirmed.

Maybe I'll just grab it on PS3 instead... Just a little vexed that I saw it for 600, had no points, added 2,000 and found that out after buying 2,000 points... :lol

UrbanRats

Rewrite said:
I did it with a friend. I'd grab one side and my buddy would grab the other. It must be impossible doing it by yourself. I used those pistols that shoot very fast (forgot the name). You kill the enemies with like 3 shots.

Yeah, i'll probably try again in coop.
In single, using the golden shotgun(one hit one kill, basically)if i miss even one single shot, i'm done, the
fish catches me
.. and with all those plants exploding etc etc, it's not easy to line up perfect shots every time.

Top Bottom