• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light |OT| - Play This GOTY Contender

duckroll

Van Owen said:
I find it hard to believe that there are 0 people online...

It's not hard to believe. The game is no competitive, and there is no jump in/out co-op. You have to actually specifically select to start a co-op game to open a lobby and just sit and wait until one random person joins. That's a lot to ask for considering the game is almost 3 months old now, and the online mode wasn't even patched in until recently.

Eccocid

duckroll said:
It's not hard to believe. The game is no competitive, and there is no jump in/out co-op. You have to actually specifically select to start a co-op game to open a lobby and just sit and wait until one random person joins. That's a lot to ask for considering the game is almost 3 months old now, and the online mode wasn't even patched in until recently.

Yeah, probably many ppl are not aware of online patch on ps3 and havent laucnhed the game again after they finished.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, the main problem with the online is most people bought it, beat it, shelved it, have no idea online patch came out and never will.

Bad idea not shipping it with online. Oh well, hopefully the next one ships with it.

holy shit, I cant believe I missed this because I didnt like others tomb raider games. It has a diablo2 vibe which i like it :D.

A friend made me a gift on steam and its amazing... started it yesterday and spend like 5 hours on it. Im almost 70% :lol

So long since a game trapped me like that.

Q8D3vil

so i tried to join my friend game after the last patch but it showing me as the other player and as soon as he start the game we both get waiting for the other player message.
fucking eidos, i'm beginning to hate the game after having such a blast in the beginning.
fuck you eidos.

Cerberus

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – Challenge Pack 3 – A Hazardous Reunion ($3.49)
Four new challenge maps featuring mind-boggling puzzles, waves of intense combat action, and a fiery reunion with an old friend.
File size: 101 MB

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – Character Pack 1 – Kane & Lynch (free)
Grab a friend or go at it alone as gaming’s most notorious criminals find themselves in Lara Croft’s world and must work together to fight their way out.
File size: 192 MB

Kane & Lynch skins (for free) and Challenge Pack #3 are up on PSN. No platform has gotten the third level pack yet, right? Hope it's better than the second pack.

Yoshiya

Cerberus said:
Kane & Lynch skins (for free) and Challenge Pack #3 are up on PSN. No platform has gotten the third level pack yet, right? Hope it's better than the second pack.
I guess I can't complain about Kane and Lynch if the pack is free. I'll give it a look. I really hope pack 3 delivers on extending the main game; pack 2 was a bunch of throwaway maps with no point to play, with short and uninteresting puzzle levels. Again, it was free, so I can't bitch and moan too much.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Always-honest said:
edit: wait... local co-op?.. i want online co-op..
Local & online co-op. But really, there's no one playing this game online. Every time I check, there is no one.

I'm down for free skins. I'll grab them.

UrbanRats

Sgt.Pepper said:
How long will the game last at $15 on Steam? I need to get some dollars before it goes back to normal price.
it'll probably be even less, during the xmas sales (starting Dec. 20th).

Lyphen said:
For...ever? 15$ is regular.
Really? I swear I saw it jump back to $34.99 or higher after it passed the Steam Give sales.

UrbanRats said:
it'll probably be even less, during the xmas sales (starting Dec. 20th).
Thanks for the info; I guess I'll hold my wallet until then.

Volcynika

Sgt.Pepper said:
Really? I swear I saw it jump back to $34.99 or higher after it passed the Steam Give sales.

Bwuh?

The standard price for the game on all platforms was $14.99.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Sgt.Pepper said:

It was on sale for $7.50 during the Thanksgiving sale.

Yoshiya

duckroll said:
Hmmmm, Steam downloaded a 8meg update for the game. It's not listed in the news updates. Any idea what it changed?
The first free DLC was distributed as a patch. It's probably Kane and Lynch.

Edit: On Steam, that is. 8MB though... maybe the dialogue isn't voiced.
Edit x2: The PSN download was almost 200MB. No idea then.

duckroll

marathonfool said:
Just played the demo. I really liked the challenge rooms. How many are there in the full game? How many hours of gameplay should I expect?

There are usually 2-3 challenge rooms in each level, except for boss levels. The game will last at least about 6 hours, and there's quite a bit of replay value.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yeah, there's definitely some replay value. I'm at 7 hours and I think just over halfway done. Replaying for better times and scores is pretty damn fun. :lol

Jubbly

45hrs played, way longer than any number of other games in my Steam list, many of which were full price.

Also, if the PSN people could post DLC3 impressions it'd be very much appreciated, thanks :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
duckroll said:
So has anyone tried the Kane and Lynch pack on PSN yet? What's the verdict?

I dunno about voiced, but it features (censored) cursing. A new intro (spoilers:
Lara returns the mirror, obviously.
Kane and Lynch find the site in a comical scene. Lara: "The site will be lost to time..." [TWO DAYS LATER!] Kane and Lynch show up), along with new lines for the cut scenes.

I was wrong to assume they wouldn't do anything except put new models up.

I have to say, if Raziel and Kane both come like K&L for free, Eidos gets my respect.

Edit: However, the tutorials aren't redone. "Lara can... etc. etc. etc."

duckroll

Good news on the new voice acting and story sequences, what about the characters themselves? Do they play any differently at all? New animations at least? Anything?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
duckroll said:
Good news on the new voice acting and story sequences, what about the characters themselves? Do they play any differently at all? New animations at least? Anything?

Nah, they're mostly reskins. I can't really tell new animations between scenes as I haven't played enough but the gameplay animations seem somewhat similar to the way Lara and the dude work.

So it's mostly just a different flavor and style of the same gameplay.

For "free," I'm not really complaining.

Edit: Okay, yeah. Maybe Kane/Lara's running animation is a bit different from Lara's own. Seems more "masculine" than Lara's feminine run.

Bebpo

Banned
Would be cool if the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver characters had their abilities from those games and the puzzles were changed slightly to accompany them. Would totally make it worth $5-10.

duckroll

Bebpo said:
Would be cool if the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver characters had their abilities from those games and the puzzles were changed slightly to accompany them. Would totally make it worth $5-10.

I actually wish they made a new GoL-like game except with the Raziel and Kane. I would totally play that.

UrbanRats

duckroll said:
I actually wish they made a new GoL-like game except with the Raziel and Kane. I would totally play that.
You mean Kain.
Anyway yeah, as i said earlier, given the gameplay in the last Soul Reaver game, it would work flawlessly on a similar structure.
I also wonder how would it be, to blend the GoL gameplay style, with a more open "Metroidvania" world style, afterall, GoL has a few more open levels(the ones with the map)-- that'd be one hell of a Legacy of Kain.

duckroll

UrbanRats said:
You mean Kain.
Anyway yeah, as i said earlier, given the gameplay in the last Soul Reaver game, it would work flawlessly on a similar structure.
I also wonder how would it be, to blend the GoL gameplay style, with a more open "Metroidvania" world style, afterall, GoL has a few more open levels(the ones with the map)-- that'd be one hell of a Legacy of Kain.

No, I want a crossover where Kane finds Raziel imprisoned in an ancient temple after he got separated from Lynch, and they have to work together to escape while fighting both vampires and mercenaries.

Yes I meant Kain. :(

Cels

what i would like from this game is new levels in the vein of the puzzles/exploration. all the dlc i've played so far are pretty lame, especially the PS3 ones. I'm thinking more levels along the lines of the one where
you have start off in front of a door that has to be opened by dropping balls in slots and then you end the level by running through a trap-filled hallway -- that level is my favorite

The Kane & Lynch dialogue is hilarious. I love the setup for them being in the story, as well.
2 DAYS LATER
I hope the PC leak of Kain & Raziel's DLC was incomplete and that they too have their own dialogue when it's released.

Jtrizzy

Wow I feel like I've totally been missing out here. I'm just now dling the demo, but I have a feeling I may move dead nation, which I bought tonight, to the back log. This seems like the same game but better. My psn tag is jtrizzy, add me. Im on all the time and will want to play co op.

ArjanN

Cels said:
what i would like from this game is new levels in the vein of the puzzles/exploration. all the dlc i've played so far are pretty lame, especially the PS3 ones. I'm thinking more levels along the lines of the one where
you have start off in front of a door that has to be opened by dropping balls in slots and then you end the level by running through a trap-filled hallway -- that level is my favorite

Yeah, both those levels are the best ones in the game IMO.

But once they put that much work into it they might as well start working on a sequel. (which I'm guessing they probably already did.)

Revolutionary said:
The Kane & Lynch dialogue is hilarious. I love the setup for them being in the story, as well.
2 DAYS LATER
I hope the PC leak of Kain & Raziel's DLC was incomplete and that they too have their own dialogue when it's released.

They do.

Top Bottom