• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late To The...Devil May Cry 2

Gartooth

No joke, I love the Devil May Cry series and have played the shit out of DMC1, DMC3, and DMC4 which I think are all some of the best action games ever made, but despite having the HD collection and the chance to finally experience DMC2 for myself, I still to this day have not loaded up that game because of everything awful I've heard and seen from it.

Am I the only person on NeoGAF that enjoyed DMC2?

Super Duper Bump but yeah I did as well, aesthetically its the best in the franchise and I've played it a couple of times and I didn't encounter any bugs or stuff that made the game unplayable. In DMC3 they broke his DMC2 moveset into a bunch of different styles which was fucking stupid. I will say the underwater boss was horrid because of the equally horrid camera.

Nymphae

Banned
This game was absolute trash, which was incredibly disappointing after the amazing debut. I remember being so excited for DMC2, and just wanting to barf the whole time I played it. They entirely missed the point of what made the first game fun. I remember lots of bosses/enemies where you basically just had to sit back and shoot.

The only good thing about it was the Bloody Palace mode, the combat wasn't as tight as the first or subsequent games, but it was fun to just plow through waves of enemies.

Minyobi

During the whole DmC fiasco, I got to see the DMC2 Defense Force in action on a few boards. I'm convinced I didn't play the same DMC2 as they did.

Curufinwe

No joke, I love the Devil May Cry series and have played the shit out of DMC1, DMC3, and DMC4 which I think are all some of the best action games ever made, but despite having the HD collection and the chance to finally experience DMC2 for myself, I still to this day have not loaded up that game because of everything awful I've heard and seen from it.

Me neither. I was really happy when I read that DMC 2 HD doesn't show up on your trophy list if you never select it and press start.

Dmc2 was my first DMC game and I really liked it. The action and style was awesome. After that I played dmc3 and dmc4 which I liked more of course. If I were to go back to dmc2 I would probably notice the bad things that others do but I would honestly still prefer it over DmC any day.

I haven't played DMC 2, sorry to get a little off topic, but I just came in here to applaud the OP for using full words with "Late to The..." instead of the overused and annoying "LTTP:"

Hystzen

One good thing you can say about DMC2 is that it introduced Bloody Palace to the franchise.

And styles

DMC2 had prototype versions of gunslinger and some other stuff which was used in DMC3

I do miss Critical Devil Trigger and the badass Dante design

chemicals

I'm a big fan of the series but yeah... recently also picked up HD Collection and took a spin at it... horrible game.

Top Bottom