• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latino Review Rumor: Marvel wants Jason Statham as Bullseye

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-daredevil-may-have-found-its-bullseye

At this juncture, I have no idea how trustworthy LR is or is not.

According to a trusted source at Marvel's new TV production offices, Jason Statham - star of The Transporter film franchise, this year's Furious 7, and this summer's action comedy Spy - is being pursued to play Bullseye in season 2 of Marvel's Daredevil Netflix series. It is not yet confirmed as reps would not give me a call back.

This isn't Statham's first dance with Daredevil. Just before the rights for the character reverted back to Marvel, he was said to be in talks to appear in a cinematic reboot that 20th Century Fox was trying to get off the ground.

Our spies spotted him meeting with Marvel personnel earlier this week while taking a break from the press tour for Spy. Aside from Bullseye, other villainous characters who are said to appear in Daredevil's highly-anticipated second season include Mr Fear, Mysterio (one of Spider-Man's iconic rogues), and Elektra - Daredevil's eventual love interest.

Also quick note that Marvel's Daredevil seaon 2 is set to start shooting at the end of June early July not in the Fall.

Stay Tuned as the story develops.

What if he's playing a gender-swapped version of Elektra.

Elektro. Him and Matt will bro out.

Elekbro.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Mysterio.
Mysterio.
statham2.gif

ryan299

I just can't see Statham doing tv, even if it's netflix. Also why waste Mysterio on Daredevil? Spidey films need to use new villains, enough with the Osborns

Busty

Banned
While Statham doesn't get any big starring roles in studio films he's still too big for TV work like this.

I'd be very surprised if Statham takes a supporting role in a Netflix series.

This sounds like the producers 'wish list' for casting the role got out and LR are reporting it as if it's a thing.

It's probably not a thing.

Mysterio would be great and if true would confirm Sony's willing to play ball with Spidey characters appearing in the Netflix shows. Can we get JJ now?

Sounds too good to be true though.

Might be a case of him taking the role on in a limited capacity so he can play something a bit outside his normal range. Maybe we'll see an entire Bullseye arc in Season 2, how insane he is, ends with his death or permanent incarceration, so Statham doesn't need to return.

Ronin Ray

While Statham doesn't get any big starring roles in studio films he's still too big for TV work like this.

This sounds like the producers 'wish list' for casting the role got out and LR are reporting it as if it's a thing.

I just can't see Statham doing tv, even if it's netflix. Also why waste Mysterio on Daredevil? Spidey films need to use new villains, enough with the Osborns

With House of Cards, true detective, Tom Hardy small role on a netflix show, Idris elba and Benedict Cumberbatc doing new stuff for there shows. I don't think Statham is to big at all. He's smaller then everyone on that list.

Gonzalez

Banned
Why can't we wait until someone with more credible sources reports on something like this first before we make another Latino Review thread that goes nowhere.

Or better yet don't subscribe to their Twitter account.

With House of Cards, true detective, Tom Hardy small role on a netflix show, Idris elba and Benedict Cumberbatc doing new stuff for there shows. I don't think Statham is to big at all. He's smaller then everyone on that list.

Point. There truly is no difference between HBO/Netflix level TV and films nowadays, as far as actor usage is concerned. That we see it is just our prejudices talking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who the fuck thinks Jason Statham is 'too big for TV'? Like not even in contrast to other actors, just in general.

That guy's NEVER been A-List. He's the Seagal to Rock's Arnold/Stallone

To be honest, I can see it. I wouldn't say no to it. He'd do an amazing job.

It's just a rumor, though. A rumor from Latino Review...

For a c-tier villain on TV. Imo it does.

And it's not like Bullseye has some major crossover potential.

You say that now, but wait until Matthew McConaughey's Norman Osborne makes him the new Hawkeye in the biggest AAA blockbuster of summer 2022... Avengers: Dark Reign.

I'm kinda joking, but this is why every actor wants a Marvel character of their own. It's all so interconnected, you just never know what it'll lead to.

Cheebo

Banned
Dude headlined a Uwe Boll directed Dungeon Siege movie.

But he's gonna turn his nose up at Netflix/Marvel coming at him?

Sure.

That before he started doing much bigger work like Spy and Fast & Furious. For example you'd never get him to slum it up and do a Transporter movie again most likely.

Jarmel

Banned
Who the fuck thinks Jason Statham is 'too big for TV'? Like not even in contrast to other actors, just in general.

That guy's NEVER been A-List. He's the Seagal to Rock's Arnold/Stallone

So being one of the main villains in a billion dollar grossing franchise is not A-List?

That before he started doing much bigger work like Spy and Fast & Furious. For example you'd never get him to slum it up and do a Transporter movie again most likely.

Transporter movies made money. I wouldn't blame him if he went back.

That was years before he started doing much bigger work like Spy and Fast & Furious.

He's not that picky, and never has been. Even if he is a little more selective about what projects he takes and why (looking at his imdb, it's not really the case, either) based on possible/potential prestige - Netflix/Marvel coming at him is going to clear that particular bar. Especially if the check is right.

Here he is in Simon West's "Wild Card", co-starring Michael Angarano.

Here he is in Blitz, with Paddy Considine
Here he is voicing a character in Gnomeo and Juliet.
Here he is in something called Redemption that nobody anywhere watched.

PreFire

Nobody is too big for TV. IMO TV money is just as good as movie money. A TV series can net you great cash in a series.. Multi million per episode.

The problem is time management. Statham is probably doing multiple movies and might not have enough time to fully devote himself to the role.

What's wrong with Netflix?

Jarmel

Banned
He would be pretty high profile for the role but I don't see him being that picky either. Money is money.

Completely agree. Most of the films he does look awful, but he probably still gets a damn good pay packet each time, and he's probably not going to take half a year out and a 90% pay cut to do a TV show.

Ronin Ray

So being one of the main villains in a billion dollar grossing franchise is not A-List?

Transporter movies made money. I wouldn't blame him if he went back.

Of course that does not make you A list. He had nothing to do with that movie grossing a Billion dollars. You could put Betty White in that role and they still would have cleared a billion.

SRG01

He's been in small indie films to large blockbusters, so I don't think a supporting role in a Netflix show would be out of place for him.

Busty

Banned
With House of Cards, true detective, Tom Hardy small role on a netflix show...,

Kevin Spacey and McConaughey had lead roles in major TV projects. Tom Hardy was reteaming with his Locke director for a BBC tv show that Netlfix shows in the US.

None of these are valid comparisons to doing a guest shot on the second season of a Marvel tv show.

I'm genuinely baffled that people can't see the nuance here.

Dude headlined a Uwe Boll directed Dungeon Siege movie.

But he's gonna turn his nose up at Netflix/Marvel coming at him?

Sure.

If he was going to 'shoot his TV wad' why would he do it for a guest shot on a Netflix show? He could just as easily get himself a well funded and well paid TV show that's an Int. co-pro. His 'stock' would plummet if he just jumped into playing a bad guy on a show that's already on the air.

I'm sure that somewhere like Cinemax would snap it up given that Strike Back is on it's last legs....,
sadly. :(

Jarmel

Banned
It's a Marvel villain though. Not too many success stories have been made because of those roles.

This wouldn't be a make or break role for him. He almost certainly has another Furious movie lined in the future.

Of course that does not make you A list. He had nothing to do with that movie grossing a Billion dollars. You could put Betty White in that role and they still would have cleared a billion.

His character was received fairly well and I'm sure is a factor into why people enjoy the movie. Would it have cleared a billion if Betty White was in the role? Probably but I don't think it would have beat Avengers. Word of mouth in regards to the quality of the movie is still important for $.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom