• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latino Review Rumor: Marvel wants Jason Statham as Bullseye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huh.

So, quick recap:

Statham was into it.
Marvel was into it
they enter into negotiations
Negotiations hit a certain point
Someone leaks the details to secure an advantage in said negotiations
Internet responds to the possibility very, very strongly.
In reaction to that response, deal dies.

So Latino-Review and Bloody Disgusting were right, and then they were wrong - according to Bloody Disgusting.

fader

mama-noo-o.gif

Slayven

Statham probably saw people saying he was too big for tv and went "You know what they areright" and then went back to reading the script for "In the Name of the king 4: Dungeon Sieger"

I would be very surprised if he took on a role like this in a TV series, but it would make sense if he also had something in the contract that would bring him back for a big role in a movie later on.

AFAIK, Bullseye never really goes up against many other heroes, but if this was a sort of origin story in S2 of Daredevil that would bring him back as a villain for Spiderman or something else, it kind of makes sense.

Slayven

I would be very surprised if he took on a role like this in a TV series, but it would make sense if he also had something in the contract that would bring him back for a big role in a movie later on.

AFAIK, Bullseye never really goes up against many other villains, but if this was a sort of origin story in S2 of Daredevil that would bring him back as a villain for Spiderman or something else, it kind of makes sense.

Bullseye for a Spiderman movie? Everyone and anyone involved should be fired

Fitts

I tapped out of Daredevil after watching 3 episodes. It was too violent for me without enough fun to offset it. (I prefer my superhero stuff light and colorful as opposed to oppressive and gritty, but to each their own)

If Statham is brought in for season 2, however, I'll give it another chance.

EDIT: Just seen the above update. Shame.

Slayven

I tapped out of Daredevil after watching 3 episodes. It was too violent for me without enough fun to offset it. (I prefer my superhero stuff light and colorful as opposed to oppressive and gritty, but to each their own)

Yeah Daredevil is not a happy funtime IP. A good day for him is that his friends just hate him, instead of being horribly tortured and killed.

Fitts

Yeah Daredevil is not a happy funtime IP. A good day for him is that his friends just hate him, instead of being horribly tortured and killed.

Thanks for having a level-headed approach to my opinion. Not to drag things off-topic, but after the show got so much buzz and genuinely believing it to be a high quality production after watching those few episodes I kind of feel like I'm missing out by giving it a pass. Would you recommend I forge ahead to see if it "clicks" down the line or is 3 episodes enough to determine that it's not my cup of tea?

Slayven

Thanks for having a level-headed approach to my opinion. Not to drag things off-topic, but after the show got so much buzz and genuinely believing it to be a high quality production after watching those few episodes I kind of feel like I'm missing out by giving it a pass. Would you recommend I forge ahead to see if it "clicks" down the line or is 3 episodes enough to determine that it's not my cup of tea?

Personally for me 3 or 4 eps is a good meter to see if I will like the show.

And Daredevil doesn't get any lighter. I would suggest waiting for Luke Cage and Ironfist, they are bound to be lighter and more upbeat. If you thought Daredevil was grim, Jessica Jones will have you in tears and drinking.

kswiston

5 years ago, I would have said that Statham was too big for TV, but bigger names have been moving to television in recent years.

Bleepey

That's what Foggy is for! I think if you want DD to be more lighthearted wait till you see how his relationships with female love interests are.

kswiston

Daredevil is very dark by superhero media standards, but I think that is for the best. The genre needs to start diversifying now that it is seeing a lot more use. All of the MCU movies are upbeat. The Flash and Agents of Shield are mostly upbeat. Supergirl looks like it will be upbeat. Tons to choose from if that is more your preference.

tumblr_mm8hmezLAp1s3oe2qo1_500.gif

I actually can't stand this motherfucker.

He was great in Bored to Death though.

I really need to check that out. I was about to pick up the seasons when HBO opted not to renew the show and that felt like a personal slight against me :p

Honestly though, I like Schwartzman in most things I've seen him in.

Toothless

I'm a huge fan of Marvel comics and the MCU but let's be real here. They've done a shitty job with villains. Out of all of those Loki and Winter Soldier are the only super memorable ones. And Winter Soldier isn't even really a villain. I don't think any but Loki really possibly have some sort of memorable quotes. Maybe Ronan going "What are you doing?" in reaction to Star Lord's Dance off, although how they did Ronan in the movie is fairly forgettable.

"Tony Stark built this in a cave! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom