• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latino Review Rumor: Marvel wants Jason Statham as Bullseye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin Ray

All of the examples you gave were one offs and not multi season commitments that I'd think would be required for a character like Bullseye.

Nah marvel kills off Villains like nothing. They could easily make him a one season character and just leave it open for down the road.

All their rumors need to be in their own Latino Review community thread to avoid gunking up OT.

They're about 40/60, which isn't great, but which is far better than the fusillade of comicbook, comicbookmovie, and moviepilot links that are often shared here - not to mention random attention-seeking hoaxers puking up "scoops" anonymously on reddit.

It's not really the sources that's the problem, it's that people share headlines, not articles, and threads aren't for reading, but for commenting on, so you end up with unread stories linked from unread sources by people who don't have any working BS detector, being shared with people who don't read the OP but would love to share their opinion on the possibility being prevented in the title.

That's not a thing that can be fixed by a separate thread.

I think Statham would do it, but I don't think he'd be a good bullseye. If they do anything dramatic with him I don't think I could take it seriously.

E the Shaggy

Gonzalez

Banned
Bloody Disgusting is reporting that Statham is in 'deep negotiations' to play Bullseye.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...ye/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I honestly cannot get my head around this at all but if I'm wrong then I will admit to it. I will also phone Mr Statham and offer to be his agent as I couldn't possibly do a worse job than the one he has at the moment.
It's an article that uses the Latino Review rumor as a source.

Time to call Jason, and see if you can get him a deal that would offer a whole spaghetti sandwich this time.

Bleepey

Your right but look what they did with Red Skull. No villain in Marvel is untouchable. They can just make him disappear until they want to use him again

I can't remember what happened to him but I recall Hugo Weaving saying he didn't wanna do if anymore.

Furyous

Yes, please let this happen.

Matter of fact give Bullseye his own movie as well. A rated R Crank set in the Marvel universe wrecks shit.

Gonzalez

Banned
Hugo Weaving ain't the only actor capable of playing a role.
You're right Marvel villains have left absolutely zero impression on the movie going public that it would be super easy to replace the existing actor without anyone really noticing.

Trike

Also Jason Statham wanted to be Daredevil in Fox's cancelled reboot, so it this would have been hilarious. Probably why he slammed Marvel.

J10

Banned
Alright well where are these quotable Malekith lines?

I can't think of any. But he wasn't one of the impressionable villains I was thinking of. I was thinking of Loki, Winter Soldier, Justin Hammer, Abomination, Ronan, Ultron, Kingpin, Cal Zabo, Jiaying, Grant Ward, Raina, Daniel Whitehall.

Slayven

Best Bullseye fight. He brought that New York City bullshit down south east and got his back broken for it

thunderbolts115%2Bbullseye%2Bamerican%2Beagle.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Oh man. I could have totally seen this being really cool if it were true. statham has just the right amount of cockiness about him to be deranged, but witty about it.

Dalek

Bloody Disgusting says this deal was real but fell through because of the leak and the positive reaction online-suggesting that his management tried to use that as positive leverage to negotiate his contract to a higher salary.

Bloody Disgusting says this deal was real but fell through because of the leak and the positive reaction online-suggesting that his management tried to use that as positive leverage to negotiate his contract to a higher salary.

Way to go, stupid Statham agent guy

TDLink

I can't think of any. But he wasn't one of the impressionable villains I was thinking of. I was thinking of Loki, Winter Soldier, Justin Hammer, Abomination, Ronan, Ultron, Kingpin, Cal Zabo, Jiaying, Grant Ward, Raina, Daniel Whitehall.

I'm a huge fan of Marvel comics and the MCU but let's be real here. They've done a shitty job with villains. Out of all of those Loki and Winter Soldier are the only super memorable ones. And Winter Soldier isn't even really a villain. I don't think any but Loki really possibly have some sort of memorable quotes. Maybe Ronan going "What are you doing?" in reaction to Star Lord's Dance off, although how they did Ronan in the movie is fairly forgettable.

Kingpin was decent but really fell off in the end in Daredevil. He had a few memorable moments but I wouldn't say he stood out as much as I was expecting him to (or pre-release hyped seemed to indicate he would).

People like Justin Hammer and Abomination and Malekith definitely aren't that memorable other than being "that villain from that movie".

All of those Agents of SHIELD antagonists are almost not worth mentioning. The viewership for that show is tiny as hell and most of those are pretty generic and certainly not particularly memorable outside of Cal.

Ultron we'll see, he's still recent in everyone's minds.

Marvel without a doubt has to step their villain game up though.

If we're really looking at a list of memorable villains in the MCU it's basically Loki, Kingpin, and then maybe Ultron and Ronan. In that order. No one else even really ranks. I think Alexander Pierce (who you didn't mention) is a good villain also, but again not really memorable.

xaosslug

i can see it happening. I mean dude's been doing straight to BR/DVD movies for a minute. Daredevil is critically acclaimed, and it's an in to Marvel (if the character is ever utilized on film, there's potential he might be cast) that cannot be overlooked.

Statham is too big for TV but Rock and McConaughey isn't?

DRAG them. LOL

Maximus.

I could see him do this and it would give the second season a big name in the villain role. Don't see how its a negative. Yes its a TV show, but it is Marvel and would be connected to the larger universe. Kevin Spacey does Netflix, but I do not think any less of him.

J10

Banned
I'm a huge fan of Marvel comics and the MCU but let's be real here. They've done a shitty job with villains. Out of all of those Loki and Winter Soldier are the only super memorable ones. And Winter Soldier isn't even really a villain. I don't think any but Loki really possibly have some sort of memorable quotes. Maybe Ronan going "What are you doing?" in reaction to Star Lord's Dance off, although how they did Ronan in the movie is fairly forgettable.

Kingpin was decent but really fell off in the end in Daredevil. He had a few memorable moments but I wouldn't say he stood out as much as I was expecting him to (or pre-release hyped seemed to indicate he would).

People like Justin Hammer and Abomination and Malekith definitely aren't that memorable other than being "that villain from that movie".

All of those Agents of SHIELD antagonists are almost not worth mentioning. The viewership for that show is tiny as hell and most of those are pretty generic and certainly not particularly memorable outside of Cal.

Ultron we'll see, he's still recent in everyone's minds.

Marvel without a doubt has to step their villain game up though.

If we're really looking at a list of memorable villains in the MCU it's basically Loki, Kingpin, and then maybe Ultron and Ronan. In that order. No one else even really ranks. I think Alexander Pierce (who you didn't mention) is a good villain also, but again not really memorable.

My opinions are different than yours.

fader

Latino Review is almost always wrong. I don't get how they're not banned yet.

naw man, they've been pretty on point before their owner left to make his own website. Just look back at their GotG hits.

But I do see what you mean in that this particular "info" should be taken with a grain of salt.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Welp.

Long story short? He was legitimately in heavy negotiations for the role and the leak killed it. Perhaps his agent saw the positive uproar and instantly upped the actor’s asking fee? Perhaps the studio spotted the same excited reaction and preemptively killed the deal out of fear of Statham’s management going for more money? Who knows. The bottom line is that yesterday the Crank star was at the top of the list and deep in negotiations and today Marvel has moved on to other pastures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom