• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Officially Revealed for Street Fighter V, Everyone Act Surprised

Krackatoa

Her animation is absolutely fantastic. Capcom really nailed it. The slow-down throughout her command grabs are like eye-candy.

Gbraga

Hmm.

NCkQpG9.png

whoop whoop

Trickster

Not really digging her fighting style based off that trailer. All her moves look very similar, pretty much every combo seems to require the "grab opponents arm" move

Yeah, she doesn't interest me one bit. I wasn't too impressed with what I saw. She'll fall into the Chun-Li/Zangief category. It's a shame.

Can't wait to see the next new character. :)

AdaWong

Viper is the best thing that came out of SFIV. Juri, too.

Forget SFIV altogether but remember te diamonds in the rough, Viper and Juri.

Skilletor

'She looks fun' is the new 'She looks hot, please be my waifu'.

See also the reactions to the posh, not-half-naked chick, who did not look' fun'.

Life will be much easier now that I don't have to think for myself. I'll just check for what I mean from assholes online to see what I really meant.

TheOGB

Banned
People hate Juri? She is the best girl of the game and best character from SFIV
Getting two new badass ladies in her and C. Viper was pretty neat; they're both interesting character concepts, both nice designs
though with arguably better initial designs, at least in Juri's case
, and both are decently fun to play in their own ways. In terms of characterization, though, they both seem... undercooked. Like all of SF4's new characters. I like them all overall, but looking back now, I think the only one I still find endearing is Hakan. That guy's awesome.

So far SF5's new characters have all been pretty great, and Rashid already seems like an endearing kind of character. I certainly hope Laura (and Necalli
and Zen
) turn out similarly.

Yup finally found my character.

Still wishing Nina or a character with her move set from Street Fighter X Tekken was brought back but -sigh- I will take this.

Mista Koo

Yep, she's definitely this games Juri.
She looks fun and I like everything about her besides the stupid thong. I mean weren't the boobs enough?!

Edit: Oh and her critical is stupid, as bad as Rashid's if not worse.

3T9Uaa3.jpg

Both Blanka's sister and Sean's mom :p

'She looks fun' is the new 'She looks hot, please be my waifu'.

See also the reactions to the posh, not-half-naked chick, who did not look' fun'.
Nah. I'm very sex-negative but still, Karin looked boring.

Skilletor

She's kind of a mix between Mai and Mary

Curious, in what way do you see Mai?

Mai, Mary, Angel, and Shermie are my favorite characters in KoF. I definitely see Blue Mary. I see Angel in the outfit...very similar, but clothes where Angel shows skin.

As a person who absolutely loves Blue Mary. I see no connection. Laura didn't even catch my eye.

Air throw didn't look at all similar? Tons of normals into attack throws didn't look at all similar?

Looks very comparable to me.

As a person who absolutely loves Blue Mary. I see no connection. Laura didn't even catch my eye.
Really?

She even has Mary's anti air DM
Curious, in what way do you see Mai?

Mai, Mary, Angel, and Shermie are my favorite characters in KoF. I definitely see Blue Mary. I see Angel in the outfit...very similar, but clothes where Angel shows skin.
The elbowing, a fireball,
boobs and a thong

Reset

So it looks like they still haven't fixed Ken yet. Anyway I still think she's the most boring character out of the newcomers, should have just given us Blanka instead

Skilletor

You know, Blue Mary isn't the only one with that type of stuff. KOF has a lot of characters like that.

She just reminds more of Shermie.

Certainly not, but they all look similar to Blue Mary's moves, as in, the animations are similar.

Shermie is a straight up wrestler like Mika.

I <3 Shermie.

But...whatever. lol. See what you will. No big deal.

Top Bottom