• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Officially Revealed for Street Fighter V, Everyone Act Surprised

red720

Her voice is really unfitting and also annoying. Her grapple-type moves look cool though

I came here to post pretty much exactly this. It looks like a lot of her grapples are actually blockable strikes a la Birdie. That slow moving fireball looks nasty too, I guess it will be pretty short range, also similar to Birdie in that she has long lasting projectiles. I really like the look of her move set. That voice though, ugh...

Certainly not, but they all look similar to Blue Mary's moves, as in, the animations are similar.

Shermie is a straight up wrestler like Mika.

I <3 Shermie.

But...whatever. lol. See what you will. No big deal.

Kekeke :3

I'm just messing. I just don't like the comparison, because I find her boring. It doesn't help that Every move ends with an armbar. Even her CA does it. I was expecting a lot more from her, so I'm kinda let down.

I still enjoy her design though.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
A had an awesome dream that the Laura leaks were a setup and that Ono's plan was to really do this so he can show off Blanka for real at Brazil show. &#128558;

#Believe.

Amani

They're really pushing grapplers hard this time around. And as a recent KoF convert, I'm starting to like grappling characters. Laura's tied with Rashid for me in terms of new characters that I like so far (Nec's okay, just not my favorite). Sooo bring on Zen!

Ah, just read that Laura's related to Sean, thought I recognized that turn kick from somewhere. Wonder what happened to Sean though, story wise I mean.

Edit: Poor, poor Ono. https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin

Seriously though, the character was already leaked a week ago, dunno who thought we couldn't wait another 2 hours for the trailer.

Ferrio

Banned
Certainly not, but they all look similar to Blue Mary's moves, as in, the animations are similar.

Shermie is a straight up wrestler like Mika.

I <3 Shermie.

But...whatever. lol. See what you will. No big deal.

Looks like you might have to do an additional command too to initiate the grapple like Mary. There's times she hits with the move and it doesn't grapple. So either it's button based or there's a follow up.

edit: Think I'll break out my classic blue mary avatars... been so long not having her as my avatar.

Akhe

vDhCxRA.jpg

super-smash-bros-4-dlc-lucas-nintendo-direct.jpg

Vex_

Banned
Just because of these early leaks, Ono is going to troll us extra hard in the future. EXTRA HARD.

It's gonna be so annoying ugh

Lulubop

They're really pushing grapplers hard this time around. And as a recent KoF convert, I'm starting to like grappling characters. Laura's tied with Rashid for me in terms of new characters that I like so far (Nec's okay, just not my favorite). Sooo bring on Zen!

Ah, just read that Laura's related to Sean, thought I recognized that turn kick from somewhere. Wonder what happened to Sean though, story wise I mean.

Edit: Poor, poor Ono. https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin

Seriously though, the character was already leaked a week ago, dunno who thought we couldn't wait another 2 hours for the trailer.

Sean is already really young in 3s, this is before.

This critical art is so odd. What is she bouncing around the invisible corners of our viewing window?
Too simple. It reminds me of those cartoon fights where there's a cloud of smoke rolling around on screen. Being a grappler, I wish they had her breaking or twisting arms and legs, then finish off with some devastating hit or slam instead.

But with that said, she looks like a really close up fighter with a trap or two to keep you close. I'm interested in how that slow fireball will be used. It didn't seem to do much in the trailer.

Ferrio

Banned
Too simple. It reminds me of those cartoon fights where there's a cloud of smoke rolling around on screen. Being a grappler, I wish they had her breaking or twisting arms and legs, then finish off with some devastating hit or slam instead.

But with that said, she looks like a really close up fighter with a trap or two to keep you close. I'm interested in how that slow fireball will be used. It didn't seem to do much in the trailer.

She's not a grappler. Having a command grab and especially command grabs initiated from a hit don't make a character a grappler.

edit; Oh you mean aesthetically.

KiteGr

Wow...
I would have never guess...

tumblr_lbsburAolF1qbx237.jpg

Usually after a leak they rush the trailers. This took them long enough. I guess they wanted to pretend the leak didn't happen.

Dueck

Banned
She's the only new character I like the look of so far, which is fine because we've had some solid returning ones.

I was never huge on Eddy Gordo, but I also suck at Tekken in general.

egruntz

shelaughz
I haven't been keeping up to date on SFV news... Blanka really isn't making the cut this time? =/

He's my favorite. I've mained him in each game...

Mit-

Yikes that voice. Sounds like a typical American voice actress. Is there even an attempt at an accent? And why so high? Wow.

And ugh the tits and the thong and near solid green outfit. She needs alts ASAP.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
She would probably easily be the Street Fighter champion if she didn't instantly release all those people from those solid armbars. Everybody would submit. In a world of strikers, the grappler would be lady-king.

Seems like Laura has a command dash that can go into a grab, seen in 0:18 and 0:30 the EX version. Reminds me of someone else.

latest
latest

"See also the reactions to the posh, not-half-naked chick, who did not look' fun'."

Karin was received very positively here. I don't think you actually read that thread announcing her.

I reserve judgment on whether this character looks fun or not until I see Combofiend beat Mike Ross's ass with her.

Caj814

Wow I think Ono lost a lot of trust in the past two weeks getting double teamed by not only famitsu but even their partner, Sony.

"See also the reactions to the posh, not-half-naked chick, who did not look' fun'."

Karin was received very positively here. I don't think you actually read that thread announcing here.

I reserve judgment on whether this character looks fun or not until I see Combofiend beat Mike Ross's ass with her.

To be fair Mike Ross is free.

"To be fair Mike Ross is free."

Isn't that the ideal, to make everyone else look free? What better way to show the potential of a character?

Top Bottom