• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Officially Revealed for Street Fighter V, Everyone Act Surprised

For being a game that spends all of its rendering budget and animation time on character models, it has a lot of clipping and secondary motion problems...

I hope they fix them by release.

Jetman

Blanka's daughter.

Yeah, damn. Maybe. If not for all the electricity attacks, the super at the end definitely makes me curious about a link between the two.
But her look and just so happening to be fighting Ken, Sean's (newer?) master, made me think there was a relation to Sean too.

Crocodile

Didn't Blanka get his electricity powers from like his diet in the Amazonian Jungle or is that fanfiction I made up in my head?

Neiteio

HQZGl1z.gif
It's like Ken's thinking, "So where is it OK to punch her"

The most impressive Brazilian thing they added to Laura are the bracelets i was very impressed by that detail. I know those types of bracelets were very popular a couple of years ago not sure if its still a thing. Her gameplay looks interesting but hopefully nothing like Abel not a fan of it.

Mr. X

Damn, I didn't think Geif's new super could be topped in terms of lame :|

Everything is pretty cool looking but the booty floss seems out of place.

jetsetrez

Got damn, girl has got it going on. Dat thickness. She looks super fun. Me encanta.

This game looks so fantastic. So lively and exciting and fast and explosive.

Yado

ew @ the colour of Ken's hair. I didn't realise that was him until someone on this page mentioned it.

Qvoth

so her v trigger gives electricity properties, but not sure which one is her v skill yet
probably the projectile

so her v trigger gives electricity properties, but not sure which one is her v skill yet
probably the projectile
The projectile has an EX version, it's a normal move.

If she gets electricity properties maybe she's gonna be the new stun queen?

So is there any reason to get this on PS4 over PC since it has crossplay'? Just wondering which system I should get it for. Kinda regret getting MGS5 on PC now since MGO doesn't hit till next year.

Mik317

What a boring character. The only thing moderately intetesting was the slow fireball. I was hoping for a fresher take on a grappler not the same old air throw, ground throw, hit throw combination we see all the time. So how many command grab characters is that now? Mika, Birdie, Geif, Vega, Nacalli, & Laura. That's over 1/3rd of the cast. Again with the anti fire ball moves too. Game is heading in such a weird direction.

Birdie really isn't a grappler actually. Vega damn sure isn't. Having a grapple move does not make you a grappler. Necalli isn't either...and from the little we saw Laura doesn't exactly seem to be that either as most of her grabs seem to come off of set ups and hit confirms. But even if she is 3 grapplers who all play vastly different isn't bad anyway.

yeah I'd like one of the remaining two to be a zoner but eh

213372bu

Banned
weow nice spoilers m8

It's not a spoiler, it's an internet may-may.

--

Aesthetically, she is looking damn great, especially compared to Zangief's SF4+ design and Ken's Banana Wig.

Will have to play her, but mechanically I'm not sure if she will be my main.

poodaddy

More fanservice, thirsty camera angles, and jiggle physics. Yay. Gameplay looks cool though. I grow increasingly convinced that my boy Alex is not returning, as she seems to have a mixture of Alex and Blanka's specials mixed with Poison's projectile. Excited to see what kind of alts she gets, as she does look fun to play.

TheOGB

Banned
Lovely, but the VA was bad IMO.
I don't think that's unique to laura. Ken throwing hadoken in this game sounds like a street fighter 2 sound byte
Are you seriously telling me this is bad? https://youtu.be/UjuRVqxUIZo?t=1m14s

Because I can assure you you're absolutely 100% right!
The voice direction seems pretty weird so far. You got that SF2 throwback here, some weird lines/translations there (most of Ryu's seem off to me, pretty sure Bison's got some weird ones, and Laura's line going from "It starts with a beat and ends with a bang!" to "Boom! That's how you start the fight and finish it quickly!" The fuck?), Chun-Li sounds real soft for some reason now... Some characters sound good to great so far, but yeah, kinda inconsistent.

Phrased it wrongly. Still, generally speaking, I don't think having friends over and playing stuff on a small ass monitor would be fun unless you have your pc hooked up to a TV or something.

Alot of times when I would play Marvel 3 or any other fighting game we would usually play on monitors to minimize lag it never was too hard to watch or play on them. Of course alot of tournaments use monitors as well. Also I have decent sized monitors for my pc so being able to comfortably play and watch won't be a problem for me.

MrPanic

Nice trailer, she looks pretty cool. As a Blanka fan I guess Laura will be my new main most likely. Not sure what the particular link between Brazilians and rolling around in electricity is, but she looks really cool so I'll take it.

Too bad she only looks good when she's on the left side of the screen though...

Skilletor

Phrased it wrongly. Still, generally speaking, I don't think having friends over and playing stuff on a small ass monitor would be fun unless you have your pc hooked up to a TV or something.

It's extremely fun. We constantly have people over playing fighters in setups. Those 'small ass' monitors mean next to no input lag.

Top Bottom