• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Officially Revealed for Street Fighter V, Everyone Act Surprised

I really have to laugh at what people think makes a grappler. Having a command grab does not make you a grappler, I'm sorry to tell you this. A grappler is someone who gets most of their damage off of their grabs. If someone whiffs a DP an actual grappler will punish with their strongest grab usually.

If someone whiffs a DP on Fei Long he's not going to command grab them as a punish. Someone said Yun and Yang are grapplers. I really don't think you know what the term grappler means. I guess Zato in xrd is a grappler then.

Finaika

What? SF had three Brazilians. The first green, the second dark skinned and now the third light skinned. I think they did a good job repping the country.

But Blanka has light green skin.

SFA3_Blanka.gif

LordCiego

Loving the character and the playstyle. This trailers are getting me much more hyped for SFV that I ever was about SFIV.

Cant wait for Zen.

thelastword

Banned
Love her gameplay, lots of command grabs, seems like you can link into grabs too. That fireball is surely something, it stays on screen for so long, the mixups will be glorious.....annnnndddd...I love her super.

I honestly think the only reason Ono is so mad about her leaking specifically was he missed out on a ton of fun not being able to troll everyone into thinking she was blanka for weeks.

TheOGB

Banned
I honestly think the only reason Ono is so mad about her leaking specifically was he missed out on a ton of fun not being able to troll everyone into thinking she was blanka for weeks.
It's definitely a bit of that, but it's also pretty clear he feels like he's going to Brazil Games Show essentially empty-handed now. That was something he teased as a treat for Brazilian fans months ago, and to have the rug pulled from under him--twice, from two important marketing partners, one being Sony--has gotta sting.

It's definitely a bit of that, but it's also pretty clear he feels like he's going to Brazil Games Show essentially empty-handed now. That was something he teased as a treat for Brazilian fans months ago, and to have the rug pulled from under him--twice, from two important marketing partners, one being Sony--has gotta sting.

For sure. I feel for him. he has so much fun with these reveals and loves giving the fans something.

thelastword

Banned
Raida is an attack throw, it's different. Most of Laura's moves seem to be attack throws, with the spinning throw and the super looking like actual grabs.
Yeah, ok, then I suspect her moves will be similar to Poison's love me tender move where you can link that into a throw.

Fitts

Raida is an attack throw, it's different. Most of Laura's moves seem to be attack throws, with the spinning throw and the super looking like actual grabs.

This is the way I perceived her gameplay.

Hopefully we'll see her move list more timely than we've seen Gief's.

Skilletor

We're all grapplers when you think about it.

Aren't throws a type of command grab, really? I mean, you do have to put in a special command for them, right? What's the difference between a command grab and a throw when you really get down to it.

Nothing, I say. No difference at all.

TacosNSalsa

Aren't throws a type of command grab, really? I mean, you do have to put in a special command for them, right? What's the difference between a command grab and a throw when you really get down to it.

Nothing, I say. No difference at all.
You can't tech a command grab. Also command throws sometimes the add special properties (projectile invincibility , hit invincibility ect.) there's a pretty big difference ,IMHO

Skilletor

You can't tech a command grab. Also command throws sometimes the add special properties (projectile invincibility , hit invincibility ect.) there's a pretty big difference ,IMHO

So special properties is the difference? So in Super, yun's command throw was throw invincible, but in later versions that was nerfed....so is he less of a grappler, then? And what about games where you can't tech throws like xrd and hyper fighting, old kof games, or where you can only soften then like St.

I don't know. I think.... We need to go deeper.

Street Fighter is not worthy.

I'm okay with this.

Is it just me. Or is the back end of her outfit a design on the pants and not a cutaway? Or do people really think it is some sort of wierd chaps/speedo/thong combination thing going on?

LifEndz

Looks like a cool character. Quite the interesting roster. Only character I'm not interested in learning is Birdie.

Top Bottom