• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Officially Revealed for Street Fighter V, Everyone Act Surprised

Her design is really good. Aside from the back of the pants, she looks like she could have fit pretty well among the original cast from Street Fighter II or The New Challengers (unlike, say, Rufus or Viper). I like her.

JordanN

Banned
What is she even doing? She's acting kinda weird.
To me, it's this.

3qSCcBn.gif

BadWolf

I don't know if thats a legit spoiler or not because it doesn't make any sense, but if it is fuck you.

It's not, just crazy fan speculation prior to the game's release.

Still hard to believe that there were people actually pushing that theory.

Dremark

Banned
It's not, just crazy fan speculation prior to the game's release.

Still hard to believe that there were people actually pushing that theory.

I'm pretty sure he was joking. I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been joking about that the whole time.

Funny thing is that I thought her design is more in line with a Tekken character from the famitsu screenshots because she looked like a chick in green sweatpants and an open shirt, which doesn't seem "wacky" or stereotypical like some other street fighter designs. Though the weird thing is that Tekken has gotten really out there with some of their designs (though most designs are grounded enough to just be athletic people in fancy clothing). I dunno why but I find Kuma and Mokujin's simpler designs easier to digest than Gigas with his tube fetish and Lucky Chloe's outfit.

In typical Street Fighter fashion she is the lights skinned Brazilian possible though, wtf.

Today a new colleague was introduced here, and everybody thought she was from Sweden.

But she was actually from Brazil..

I don't believe anything written in these threads anymore regarding skin colors of brazilian people... :D

TacosNSalsa

So special properties is the difference? So in Super, yun's command throw was throw invincible, but in later versions that was nerfed....so is he less of a grappler, then? And what about games where you can't tech throws like xrd and hyper fighting, old kof games, or where you can only soften then like St.

I don't know. I think.... We need to go deeper.
Yun a grappler? o_O o_O

egruntz

shelaughz
You mained Blanka in SF1?

I think so? I'm not a dedicated Street Fighter fanboy, so if I'm getting titles mixed up, try not to piss yourself too hard. I only ever played Street Fighter in the arcades, and I'd always pick Blanka. SF4 is the first one I owned my own copy of at home console, and I mained Blanka.

You understand the point of my post.

skelekey

I think so? I'm not a dedicated Street Fighter fanboy, so if I'm getting titles mixed up, try not to piss yourself too hard. I only ever played Street Fighter in the arcades, and I'd always pick Blanka. SF4 is the first one I owned my own copy of at home console, and I mained Blanka.

You understand the point of my post.

Blanka is not selectable in SF1. I doubt you played SF1 as very few people have. I'm on my phone right now but I would check YouTube to refresh your memory, on SF1.

Today a new colleague was introduced here, and everybody thought she was from Sweden.

I don't believe anything written in these threads anymore regarding skin colors of brazilian people... :D

Im brazillian and i am pretty much white skinned as well lol. Dont believe stereotypes.

HardRojo

Brazil is a very diverse country when it comes to race. I lived with 4 guys from Brazil when I was in the US and a couple of them were really white. I guess the same could be said for other South American countries, for example, you can find plenty of white people here in Lima, Peru.

She and Rashid look fun as hell to me, but both of them have kinda goofy looking supers.

Her outfit is ridiculous, I really dunno what else to say about that. Maybe she's meant to work like Chun Li in the SNES Street Fighter 2 manual, "STUNNED BY HER GOOD LOOKS, OPPONENTS OFTEN UNDERESTIMATE HER"

qcf x2

I like how she looks, but that super couldn't be any dumber unless it was Gief's. Let Blanka go, Ono. Let him go.

I once joked in the Karin reveal I was sort of half expecting her to have assless chaps or something with the females in SFV, but since Karin was a pre-designed character in Alpha, she was already more conservative design, but here with Laura with the back of the pants, damn.....close enough!

Ferrio

Banned
Changed my avatar in celebration of the Brazilian Blue Mary knockoff. Laura and Zen were my last hope for a character I liked, so I'm super stoked that she's taken heavy inspiration from my favorite fighting game character.

Changed my avatar in celebration of the Brazilian Blue Mary knockoff. Laura and Zen were my last hope for a character I liked, so I'm super stoked that she's taken heavy inspiration from my favorite fighting game character.

More like if Blue Mary and Kim Kaphwan had a kid

And then conditioned her to fight bare chested and bare assed

I'm looking forward to the explanation for Laura's pants to be that they are teflon so she can slide around on her ass and collect enough static electricity to shock people

PtM

Banned
More like if Blue Mary and Kim Kaphwan had a kid

And then conditioned her to fight bare chested and bare assed

I'm looking forward to the explanation for Laura's pants to be that they are teflon so she can slide around on her ass and collect enough static electricity to shock people
She breaths through her ass. I'm sorry (not sorry).

qcf x2

I'm glad Capcom is making SNK worthy characters, since we're not getting a KoF. She even shares the Andy Bogard uppercut w/ Rashid.

Top Bottom