• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leah Remini writing Scientology tell-all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

I still remember that one time I read some Scientology magazine; that shit was absolutely bonkers. I can't believe there are people actually donating money to that organisation. Scary.

The best of luck to Remini. Some scary people are watching her like a hawk now.

I've heard the new Center in Denver is upset about it's location and possibly closing or moving. They build it 2-3 years ago right across the street from me. It was at the end of Blake street which was not developed further at the time. Now they are basically living on Miro-Brew street, where 75% of the former closed industrial buildings are bars and small breweries. Apparently there is lots of friction from the higher traffic in the area, and lots of patrons of local businesses being approached and constantly asked to sign up. People are starting to get hostile towards them and the building. New security camera and rent-a cops around it and it's making people more agitated.

Averon

It seems more and more people are coming out against Scientology, making tell-all books and documentaries about the organization. This would not have happen five years ago.

What has changed since then?

We've heard about the human drama, now let us get some juicy morsels of mythology. I want to learn more about the Galactic Confederacy.

Dalek

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/26/leah-remini-scientology-tom-cruise/

Leah Remini isn't just taking on Scientology, she's going squarely after Tom Cruise in a new interview about her departure from the church.
Leah sat down with "20/20" and revealed her fears about taking on Scientology, saying ... "Being critical of Tom Cruise is being critical of Scientolgy itself. You are evil."
She also says it's "giving up everything you've worked for your whole life" -- if you decide to leave Scientology. Remini's been very vocal about her issues with the church since leaving in 2013. She's said she left because she didn't want to raise her daughter as a Scientologist.
ABC has only released a short clip of the bombshell interview, but it's clear she'll be talking specifically about Cruise's role in Scientology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=gpmcbkAidvM

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Good news, but I hope she stays safe and gets to release her work the way she wanted. Scientology will likely pull out all the stops against her.

Sucks so much that Cruise is such a talented and amazing actor. Dude, snap out of it. Someone should kidnap Cruise and slap him repeatedly.

Foffy

Banned
I am happy she got the fuck out of there. Kinda sucks she lost a lot of her friends, though...

I know Michelle Visage has been close with her before and after her time being caught in that cult, but those types of examples are rare. Scientology really tries to adhere to full excommunication.

On one hand, shes too famous for them to do something like cutting the brakes on her car, on the other hand she was in the church for decades, so I fear for the dirt they have on her.

Either way, takes balls to do what she's doing.

I am happy she got the fuck out of there. Kinda sucks she lost a lot of her friends, though...

I know Michelle Visage has been close with her before and after her time being caught in that cult, but those types of examples are rare. Scientology really tries to adhere to full excommunication.

michelle visage is a scientologist?

Cruise bears a large responsibility for how the lower echelons of the "church" are treated, he's been the public face of scientology for decades now and knows what's going on.

I like his movies and all, but he should be put under a lot more public scrutiny.

Good for Remini. I feel like this is her best defense. The CoS actively tries to ruin people's lives who leave the church, destroy their families, and ruin their careers, and thnkfully, the public is now fully skeptical of the CoS and this can help be a defense against that. Just have to hope when plant stories about past drug addictions, sexual escepades, and other stories are filtered into the press that publishers like TMZ and others know enough to not run them.

michelle visage is a scientologist?

Nah, Visage was lightly involved with the CoS early in her career but left because she couldn't afford it and didn't want to borrow money. She was an outspoken supporter of Remini a couple years back when Remini started talking about the CoS.

KaNam33.gif

Savitar

Going after Captain Nutty as a Fruitcake himself eh.

Not a bad choice.

Especially considering what two of his ex wives had to do and put up with to escape that madhouse.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

That gif can get a lot of mileage:

"Hey Tom, do you really believe all this shit about Xenu and exploded alien souls invading earth bodies?"

"Hey Tom, aren't you glad that your membership in a dangerous cult has been a direct cause of multiple divorces and reduced contact with your children?

"Hey Tom, isn't David Miscaviage a great guy?"

It's always funny when people say Doug could never get a wife like Carrie. Yeah sure she was hot, but she was a fucking sociopathic nutjob who didn't give two fucks about screwing anyone over even if they were a kid or disabled.
She was a Seinfeld character stuck in a sweet sitcom.

Sucks so much that Cruise is such a talented and amazing actor. Dude, snap out of it. Someone should kidnap Cruise and slap him repeatedly.

You gotta understand, Scientology is a way into Hollywood. Most of the talent coordinators, agents, financiers, people in positions of power, are members or at least connected to the church.

Leaving isn't something easy to do. They have absolute power over you after a while. It's a cult. That's why his family left him.

SURGEdude

Good to hear. She's actually a really smart and articulate lady who I remember being saddened to hear was part of that cult. I wouldn't doubt if she bypasses the ghostwriting so common for hollywood tell-alls.

Chibot

She went from Scientology to Catholicism. That's a lateral move from thetans to Christ wafers. She should have applied the same logic she used to leave Scientology to the rest of religion.

Kyzer

Banned
I'm more surprised they haven't tried to play off the xenu thing as like art or a metaphor not something its really killing them lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm more surprised they haven't tried to play off the xenu thing as like art or a metaphor not something its really killing them lol
Their doctrine says if you hear the Xenu story before you are ready, you can actually die from it. If if you are ready and heard the story, telling others might kill them.

In all likelihood, they can't even acknowledge or discuss that problem internally.

Ovid

Based on the number of members we have here, I'm guessing we have a scientologist among us.

If you're out there, we need answers.

Savitar

We did have an ex Scientologist here and he told us about his time when the whole anon thing happened while he was still in it.

Revolver

All that talk of Knowledge Reports and members spying on each other sounds like a miserable way to live. Glad she was able to get out and take her family with her.

Anyone see the 20/20 special yet? Only thing that's irritating about bein on west coast :/

Re: Tom Cruise and him needing to get out of there...has anyone considered that a lot of Cruise's persona, success, and motivations have been fueled heavily by that ego stroking hierarchy of the church? I have a feeling without Scientology Tom would be dancin on a lot more couches. Basically, dude's ego needs it. What can we replace scientology with to give him that kind of "I'm so awesome" complex that needs refueling 24/7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom