• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Leak] PlayStation Plus Strategy - Full Presentation From April 2023 (69 Slides)

7RubsDS.jpg
KWB0fIu.jpg
MKIrs9i.jpg
RUlHetz.jpg
Z89eSY9.jpg
uA9ZtJY.jpg
WsC6oP6.jpg
jX6gkKQ.jpg
I01HUyE.jpg
HZ5OMLR.jpg

ppDQjnR.jpg

0IVuJil.jpg

DL9JNob.jpg

r0CWbRs.jpg
uspWsO2.jpg
K5UxQuk.jpg
fxv0O2y.jpg
TgxO2it.jpg
wa2U6iQ.jpg
MjPVEdi.jpg
UoKaHJt.jpg
wLOnG3t.jpg
J5Cd0TU.jpg
7PHB2Ym.jpg
6WSjlGe.jpg
BdYvKkW.jpg
2UGh8Xh.jpg
G87ofmG.jpg

PrI31z0.jpg

cKbtDzE.jpg

h2zsWyS.jpg
0Zewj1R.jpg
O56bpFE.jpg
6k94LwL.jpg
VxxUmcy.jpg

Jc3kaV8.jpg

kbU9hrY.jpg
NwV92pM.jpg
2XI1Wpf.jpg
aMxkhlH.jpg
ilP3Set.jpg

HZCIAhA.jpg

iVFKDwW.jpg

tEuWjsv.jpg
BCWOiPa.jpg
McHE7OR.jpg
gGm7ftI.jpg
vEi1hCh.jpg
R5JYYfg.jpg

ejFIPn6.jpg

e9NqVyu.jpg
8KqQlSt.jpg
8l2rR7h.jpg
qsTjHJP.jpg
H8ZROvJ.jpg

mZfyd3A.jpg

XdEJyMs.jpg
mINZ5HZ.jpg
TIa5pbX.jpg
9zqGHp5.jpg
nzVUgMI.jpg
qamn7qX.jpg
7rURhf9.jpg
p22XF3k.jpg
CgjVKzK.jpg

VhFTPfV.jpg

NM5yJFz.jpg
w6mxMV0.jpg
Q7fR25B.jpg

For Sony ninjas - the slides are from reddit so please don't come after me. Oh and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Yeah, that raised an eyebrow.

Do you get access to all previous GTA games, or is it a service to play the next online GTA? Guess we'll find out soon.

Edit: Question has been answered. It's not as exciting as I thought.

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Yeah, that raised an eyebrow.

Do you get access to all previous GTA games, or is it a service to play the next online GTA? Guess we'll find out soon.
It’s a services that’s already available it’s just for premium items for gta online

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Damn that’s a lot of data leaked.

Even once it was added to PS+, players dropped Returnal within 8 hours.

Around 10% of people who play a game trial buy it.

Less than 20% of Essential players redeem at least one free game (if I understood the graph correctly).

I tried to understand their method for cannibalization calculation but couldn’t.

That’s all for now.

Last edited:

Jesb

Someone wanna post any cliffs on this stuff? I’m assuming we eventually can play PS5 games without a PS5?

bender

What time is it?
It’s a services that’s already available it’s just for premium items for gta online

It gives you access to GTA The Trilogy Trilogy Definitive Edition, 500K Currency for GTA Online GTA Online benefits (discounts, outfits, etc.).

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Fascinating stuff.

They have a model for predicting the impact of PS Plus subs on sales of individual titles. It’d be great to see more about this one. Certainly, it’ll help drive down the risk of launching / promoting particular titles at particular times.

All of this really does show just how laughably uninformed all of us are when it comes to the corporate strategies behind various decisions. There’s a reason there was no Days Gone 2. There’s a reason we don’t have a PC port of Bloodbourne. Sony follow the numbers, not the naive demands of uninformed consumers.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
GTA+ is shite: https://www.rockstargames.com/gta-plus

However it may be more relevant with 6. I have to say the benefits of the cohesive web rebuild is already there for me with the app, console and web linking. The rewards programme is actually getting good now too.

Seems like this is quite a big overhaul of everything. I'm not sure it needs to be as radical as these slides portray.

Longer open world games fills me with dread though. Honestly the presentation (most of it) reads like more of what we don't want to see generally, and touches on things already grating against the core playerbase of PlayStation.

Chukhopops

Take away how silly that trial are locked behind paywalls, but I'm really surprised we don't see more games offer this or, you know...demos.
What’s weird is that they describe the result as always either positive or neutral. I was always under the impression that pubs stopped doing demos because they had a negative effect on sales.
So that means more people are subscribed to premium than extra but ~80% aren't using the main differentiating benefits? I.e. they would be better subbing to extra?
There are more Premium subscribers than Extra subscribers yes, and it seems most of them don’t use the added benefits.

So game trials really have led to more sales. Very interesting. Those percentages are much higher than I thought. Makes the case for those being in the extra tier surely.

Then I'd add in more value like crunchyroll to premium.

bender

What time is it?
What’s weird is that they describe the result as always either positive or neutral. I was always under the impression that pubs stopped doing demos because they had a negative effect on sales.

Well, maybe the PS+ trials are more curated so you get less junk? I do remember some developers complaining about having to build demo versions, but game trials actually don't require any effort since it's just a timer on the full game. Because I'm curious, there are 104 trials currently available on the service (some redundancy there for games with PS5/PS4 and PSVR/PSVR2 versions).

Top Bottom